Pad for Snatches?

I’ve been getting a pain in my lower abdomen/pelvic area from doing snatches. As I get to the second pull and pop my hips forward the bar hits the pelvic area. Does anyone know of any alternative besides stuffing a spong down my pants? I was thinking that there might be some type of padded underwear or gel pad. Thanks for any help.

This is one of the many discomforts one has to endure when learning the classic lifts. Now you know the main reason they are not very popular, they f*&%$# hurt! However, if you keep at it you will eventually toughen up and it won’t be a problem. Not to imply your not tough, though, I applaude you for doing them.

http://www.kotex.com/na/images/products/maxi_page_06.jpg

Sorry! I just had to when I saw that title ;0

actually congratulations on doing them right… a lot of people have to ‘train’ that hip pop. if you want, put the lil pad people use to squat with (i call it a tampon) on the bar maybe that will help

i just dont know if it will change your mechanics any so that might not be reccomended.

Yea, i was thinking i was gonna get some smart remarks from that thread title… still lauged though.

I was thinking something like the rehband warm pants might help - http://www.theweakgeteaten.com/Products/accessories/rehband/index.htm

However they might not be thick enough, so perhaps putting the pad on the bar would do the trick.

honestly you get used to it fairly quickly. It used to bother me, now I don’t even notice it. Kinda like dragging a dl or getting used to the hook grip.

But yes, congrats on pulling through properly.

[quote]Chief wrote:
http://www.kotex.com/na/images/products/maxi_page_06.jpg

Sorry! I just had to when I saw that title ;0[/quote]

Yes, I LMAO when I read the title.

IMO, you shouldn’t be bumping the bar off of your pelvis that hard. At least not hard enough to cause pain. I’m from the school of thought that believes pulling straight, without bumping the bar off the hips is a better way to pull. After all, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. Pull straight and you’re hips wont hurt, and you might even snatch more.

[quote]LittleBigMuscles wrote:
IMO, you shouldn’t be bumping the bar off of your pelvis that hard. At least not hard enough to cause pain. I’m from the school of thought that believes pulling straight, without bumping the bar off the hips is a better way to pull. After all, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. Pull straight and you’re hips wont hurt, and you might even snatch more.[/quote]

So the “s” pull is also wrong IYO?

The bump shouldn’t alter bar path significantly. The bar should still travel in a straight line, and hitting the bar with your hips is part of pulling your hips through on your second pull…

Watch some videos of top lifters in slow motion.

if the bump takes it out of the straight line path…then you’re doing it wrong.

The bump should just let you know you’re getting proper hip extension.

and if anything bump it straighter.

like wressler said, watch some top videos.

I only developed it after practicing snatching with a broom for reps…