Pacquiao v. Mayweather

How soon do they usually start negotiations for this fight? didnt pac & cotto sign up a bout a week after the hatton fight?

[quote]mumu37 wrote:
As much as I’d like to see this fight happening, Pacman should just ‘Floyd’ Floyd. Meaning he should just fight the winner of Berto/Mosley for his 5th lineal and retire. No money/legacy for PBF :)[/quote]

LOL. Now THAT is a suggestion!

Floyd would be pissed FOREVER that he didn’t get to fight him, especially considering most people are putting Pac way ahead of Floyd on the ATG list.

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
drewh wrote:
Hopkins Jones II will be boooooooring, more than the first one. People forget Roach knows how to beat Gayweather, DLH was close and some people thought he won.

Roach doesnt know how to beat mayweather, cuz he’s never beat him. Dont kid urself bro know one thought delahoya won that fight, try some other way to hate on MONEY cuz this attempt fuckin sucked.
[/quote]

One thing I will say about that- DLH came as close to beating Floyd as anyone since Castillo did that first fight so long ago.

Freddie trained him, and DLH said he had the “wrong plan” for the fight… which may have been true. However, DLH could have won that fight if he kept jabbing… so I don’t know if he came closer because of Roach or because he was just DLH.

But the difference between Mayweather and every other fighter out there is that he doesn’t have a particular “style”- he doesn’t even have a set rythym (who else throws three straight rights in a row, and KO’s you with them?() If you want to fight in the phone booth with him, he’ll turn you out like he did to Hatton and Baldomir. You want to box with him, he outdoes you in that like he did to DLH. You want to brawl, he’ll make you look like a fool like he did to Chico.

Floyd is so genetically gifted that as far as I can see, there are no holes in his game. People have tried to swarm him, to go to the body, to headhunt, to cut off the ring… all to no avail.

Now, the one guy who did do well against him was Castillo. He did it by throwing a lot of punches (hard punches, cause it was Castillo) and cutting off the ring and forcing Floyd to fight. When he trapped him against the ropes, he banged on him like nobody else did.

If Pacquiao can do that, he can win. But I haven’t seen Pacquiao prove exceptionally good at chasing people- most people come to him, a la Hatton or Cotto. The one guy who he had to chase, Marquez, he got caught at will by.

Now, I’ve watched both of these guys fight over and over… and Floyd is still faster than Manny. Floyd is so fucking fast, sometimes you can’t even see his punches when they land. This, combined with his footwork and defense, plus his longer reach, means to me that he will win in a decision.

He won’t get close and let Manny come at him, because he knows Manny is too fast and too powerful. Like I said- he’ll potshot away, and come out with a decision in much the same fashion he did to DLH.

That’s what I would figure at least.

Let the Mayweather ass kissing by Irish BEGIN!!!

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
cutthoat25 wrote:
drewh wrote:
Hopkins Jones II will be boooooooring, more than the first one. People forget Roach knows how to beat Gayweather, DLH was close and some people thought he won.

Roach doesnt know how to beat mayweather, cuz he’s never beat him. Dont kid urself bro know one thought delahoya won that fight, try some other way to hate on MONEY cuz this attempt fuckin sucked.

One thing I will say about that- DLH came as close to beating Floyd as anyone since Castillo did that first fight so long ago.

Freddie trained him, and DLH said he had the “wrong plan” for the fight… which may have been true. However, DLH could have won that fight if he kept jabbing… so I don’t know if he came closer because of Roach or because he was just DLH.

But the difference between Mayweather and every other fighter out there is that he doesn’t have a particular “style”- he doesn’t even have a set rythym (who else throws three straight rights in a row, and KO’s you with them?() If you want to fight in the phone booth with him, he’ll turn you out like he did to Hatton and Baldomir. You want to box with him, he outdoes you in that like he did to DLH. You want to brawl, he’ll make you look like a fool like he did to Chico.

Floyd is so genetically gifted that as far as I can see, there are no holes in his game. People have tried to swarm him, to go to the body, to headhunt, to cut off the ring… all to no avail.

Now, the one guy who did do well against him was Castillo. He did it by throwing a lot of punches (hard punches, cause it was Castillo) and cutting off the ring and forcing Floyd to fight. When he trapped him against the ropes, he banged on him like nobody else did.

If Pacquiao can do that, he can win. But I haven’t seen Pacquiao prove exceptionally good at chasing people- most people come to him, a la Hatton or Cotto. The one guy who he had to chase, Marquez, he got caught at will by.

Now, I’ve watched both of these guys fight over and over… and Floyd is still faster than Manny. Floyd is so fucking fast, sometimes you can’t even see his punches when they land. This, combined with his footwork and defense, plus his longer reach, means to me that he will win in a decision.

He won’t get close and let Manny come at him, because he knows Manny is too fast and too powerful. Like I said- he’ll potshot away, and come out with a decision in much the same fashion he did to DLH.

That’s what I would figure at least.[/quote]

Agreed!

But, and you know this was coming. Pac throws punches from every single angle imaginable, so in this respecet, he’s unorthodox also. If Pac can take Mays shots, he’ll chase him around the ring. At least Pac proved he can take a punch from a bigger opponent.

Hopefully they agree with the money. It’ll be one of the most anticipated fights in a long time. Can you imagine the crap Mays father will be saying about Freddie “The Joke Coach” Roach?

Hopefully you’ll go 0-4 in your Pac predictions (DLH, Hatton, Cotto, and Mayweather)

Im not even gonna dis-credit Pac in anyway he is a proven champ…I just wanna see the fight sooner than later and I pick my Horse(Mayweather) to win one of the greatest match-ups in history. Hopefully its such a good fight that they have a rematch. But I wont be disappointed either if May wins in a blow out.

It looks like the fight’s going to happen!

First, at the post-fight conference, Bob Arum said it’s all up to Floyd now to make the call for the fight:

And now Floyd gave Golden Boy the green light to start the negotiations!

I think Floyd will take it by UD (if Pac walks through Cotto’s bombs, then Floyd’s punches shouldn’t be a problem), BUT with the weird angles Pac throws his punches, even Floyd’s amazing defense might not see some of them coming.

[quote]drewh wrote:
Let the Mayweather ass kissing by Irish BEGIN!!![/quote]

Irish may be a condescending dipshit(who always gets predictions wrong)… but he does make a good point.

pac has never had to chase anyone… the only one he had to chase was marquez and it was the toughest two fights he’s ever had.Also mays speed is like none other he’s ever faced. but at the same time, pacs speed, power(yes he has more power than delahoya) and unbelievable crazy ass movement is something may has never faced.

also consider this,on the day of the fight(assuming may 2010) it would be 2 and a half years since floyd’s been tested. cause believe me, mayweather is not gonna coast by pac like he did against marquez. That can be a factor.

here’s another thing nobody is talking about, PACQUIAO IS GETTING BETTER! when he fights mayweather, he’s gonna be a better fighter then he was against Cotto. Thats scary. Is Mayweather getting better? he would be inactive for 2 and a half years having only defeated a 36 year old boxer in his decline who couldn’t hang at a heavier division. Also, nobody can argue now that pacquiao can take a punch. Can mayweather take a punch? he hasn’t been hurt in years and believe me at some point in the fight, manny is gonna catch him with something he will not see coming.How will he react to that? Manny will be coming off of beating the shit(winning by ko or tko) out of his last 4 opponent, while mayweather, coasting by marquez in his only fight in 2 and a half years.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that pacquiao wins this fight. I have been following this guy since
2004 and ive never seen anything like him. He’s a freak of nature and he’s only getting better.
when its all set and done… he’s gonna have Bruce Lee like legendary status. Fuck Lebron James!!! We are all witnesses of Manny Pacquiao!

That was a dope ass interview, and true…People will hate on him win or lose. Haters hate thats wut they do.

[quote]nomorewar wrote:
drewh wrote:

Irish may be a condescending dipshit(who always gets predictions wrong)… but he does make a good point.

[/quote]

First of all, fuck you. You post in this forum like four times a year, and you’ve got Manny’s cock so far down your throat it’s coming out your ass. You deserve the condescension.

And though I’ve been wrong on Manny’s fights, I’ve been right about quite a few others, inluding most of BHop’s fights and Mayweather’s.

[quote]drewh wrote:
Let the Mayweather ass kissing by Irish BEGIN!!![/quote]

Saying that I think he’ll come away with a decision is not ass kissing. Pacquiao is an amazing fighter, but Floyd is like Sugar Ray Leonard- he WON’T get close to you. He’ll do what Leonard did to Hagler, and do just enough to win rounds while frustrating the shit out of him.

I will probably be rooting for Floyd only because he’s American… although after the Rugged man interview, I’m finding it exceedingly harder to find a reason to like him.

Whoever wins that fight will deserve it. I’d have no problem with Pac doing it… it’s always good to see a bigmouth lose to the quiet guy once in a while.

Hey Irish you know your shit. Do you know the minimum and maximum a boxing ring can be? A boxing analyst said this could be important because Mayweather would want the bigger ring for obivious reasons.

I never paid attention to the size of the ring but I think I remember Sugar Ray Leonard wanting the bigger ring against Hagler. I think Hagler bent over backwards to accommodate Ray for that fight too.

nomorewar wrote:
drewh wrote:

First of all, fuck you. You post in this forum like four times a year, and you’ve got Manny’s cock so far down your throat it’s coming out your ass. You deserve the condescension.

I think shit-talking is part of ur dailey conditioning Irish cuz ur fuckin good at it, this is fuckin hilarious!

[quote]fnf wrote:
Hey Irish you know your shit. Do you know the minimum and maximum a boxing ring can be? A boxing analyst said this could be important because Mayweather would want the bigger ring for obivious reasons.

I never paid attention to the size of the ring but I think I remember Sugar Ray Leonard wanting the bigger ring against Hagler. I think Hagler bent over backwards to accommodate Ray for that fight too.[/quote]

Pretty sure it’s 15x15 and 24x24. I think this would probably happen in 18x18.

Smaller rings are for fighters, bigger rings are for boxers. Mayweather would want a big ring for ease of movement, Pacquiao would want a small ring because it’ll be easier to get Floyd against the ropes and it’ll limit his movement.

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
nomorewar wrote:
drewh wrote:

I think shit-talking is part of ur dailey conditioning Irish cuz ur fuckin good at it, this is fuckin hilarious!

[/quote]

That’s probably why I like Floyd so much… and Ali is one of my favorites of all time. What fun is this if you can’t shit talk? haha.

“Tell Manny Pacquiao to be his own man and stop letting everyone, including his loudmouth trainer, talk for him. I am my own boss, speak for myself and tell it like it is. If Manny Pacquiao wants to fight me, all he has to do is step up to the plate and say it himself.”

-Floyd Mayweather JR

nomorewar wrote:
drewh wrote:

And though I’ve been wrong on Manny’s fights, I’ve been right about quite a few others, inluding most of BHop’s fights and Mayweather’s. [/quote]

what does my post count have to do with anything??

hahhaahahah lol farther down than rocky marcino,ricky hatton and arthuro gatti’s(yea him too) cock is down your throat?? All over ratted boxers.lol

like i said before, I have been following pacman since 2004, so im not a bandwaggon fan… and when he beats mayweather,(which he’ll knock out) he’s gonna be a top ten alltime greatest boxer… so you better get used to people kissing his ass. If there is anybody that should be getting his ass kissed, its pacquiao… he just did something no boxer has ever done in the history of the sport. so stfu!!!

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
“Tell Manny Pacquiao to be his own man and stop letting everyone, including his loudmouth trainer, talk for him. I am my own boss, speak for myself and tell it like it is. If Manny Pacquiao wants to fight me, all he has to do is step up to the plate and say it himself.”

-Floyd Mayweather JR

[/quote]

manny pacquiao was born dirt poor… thats why he’s a humble guy… this quote captures the attitude of the u.s vs any other third world country. Money Mayweather… hahaha Fucking embarrassing.

If you wanna lose your money, go for money!!!

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

-Floyd Mayweather JR

[/quote]

And apparently his own accountant too. Actually I wish Manny would step up to the plate and fire That Fucker in his camp. I saw him just kind of walking past the camera at the weigh-in and the postfight interview. After that 24/7 I get the feeling it’s going to be a game of “can you spot That Fucker” anytime Manny Pacquiao is on TV.

Oh, and the fight should be pretty good too. I would pick Floyd, but root for Pacman. I think Floyd has the talent to beat anyone, but you have to actually fight anyone to be called the greatest and get the respect. I think that is the part Floyd is missing. People expect him to beat Pacquiao yes, and they expect him to beat everyone else, which is why they call him names when he doesn’t push and test himself. That and the disingenuous trash talk.

I noticed Mayweather Sr. getting in on the act. He isn’t training Jr. again is he?