T Nation

Pacquiao Roids Nonsense

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

[quote]Ben_VFR85 wrote:
I dont think he would need to juice for this fight if he was juicing for others before. I’m sure mayweather hasn’t been anywhere near as focused on his fighting after such a layoff. It seems that a lot of people who live the high life then have a layoff cant come back as good, or better, than they were.

I see this as Tyson II, he’ll talk shit and get the money up for the fight. He’s the badest, everyone is a loser, watch this, this will be amazing, my competition have to cheat to even get close to me… then… bang, anti-climax. Mayweather gets his money just for turning up and getting beat.

Fair enough if he wants to come back and pay off the debts. I dont care about that. Saying that someone else is on the juice and trying to ruin a good role models career [attitude, money to charity etc is so admirable IMO] is just wrong though.

Juicing, or even dishonesty and cheating, go on at the top level of any aspect of life. That’s just how it is. It’s the be the best mentality. Unfortunately in this case, the public will most likely see “steroids… yeah he’s on roids!” then they wont think the same of him which would be a crying shame.

I couldn’t give a fuck if he’s on the juice. Having your career ruined by some broke, cocky, arrogant figure who’s exposed you as a method of drawing in more money is B/S. Mayweather should appreciate the fact he would fight him and give him his pay cheque.

[sorry, that was quite a rant there][/quote]

it was a douchebag of a rant at that and looks like ur “role model” is backpadealling again.

Mayweather camp caved and told Arum to go with THEIR plan for testing, so now Team Pac is saying “they r not sure now and maybe we should go back to original rules”…WTF? that doesnt sound right. I dont think Team pac thought Mayweather would cave in on the issue, and they wouldnt have to answer to any tests. but now they r really making themselves look bad by rejecting everything[/quote]

Nay I ask, what are you talking about? Mayweather wannts Olympic-style United States Anti-Doping Agency guidelines that would allow for random blood testing up until two days before the bout. I believe Pac wants the original testing that he has always been doing for every fight to take place.
I want Pac to take the tests to shut everyone up, but it looks like he won’t. But if he does submit to testing as Mayweather wants, then boxing should do this kind of testing from now on.

[quote]fnf wrote:

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

[quote]Ben_VFR85 wrote:
I dont think he would need to juice for this fight if he was juicing for others before. I’m sure mayweather hasn’t been anywhere near as focused on his fighting after such a layoff. It seems that a lot of people who live the high life then have a layoff cant come back as good, or better, than they were.

I see this as Tyson II, he’ll talk shit and get the money up for the fight. He’s the badest, everyone is a loser, watch this, this will be amazing, my competition have to cheat to even get close to me… then… bang, anti-climax. Mayweather gets his money just for turning up and getting beat.

Fair enough if he wants to come back and pay off the debts. I dont care about that. Saying that someone else is on the juice and trying to ruin a good role models career [attitude, money to charity etc is so admirable IMO] is just wrong though.

Juicing, or even dishonesty and cheating, go on at the top level of any aspect of life. That’s just how it is. It’s the be the best mentality. Unfortunately in this case, the public will most likely see “steroids… yeah he’s on roids!” then they wont think the same of him which would be a crying shame.

I couldn’t give a fuck if he’s on the juice. Having your career ruined by some broke, cocky, arrogant figure who’s exposed you as a method of drawing in more money is B/S. Mayweather should appreciate the fact he would fight him and give him his pay cheque.

[sorry, that was quite a rant there][/quote]

it was a douchebag of a rant at that and looks like ur “role model” is backpadealling again.

Mayweather camp caved and told Arum to go with THEIR plan for testing, so now Team Pac is saying “they r not sure now and maybe we should go back to original rules”…WTF? that doesnt sound right. I dont think Team pac thought Mayweather would cave in on the issue, and they wouldnt have to answer to any tests. but now they r really making themselves look bad by rejecting everything[/quote]

Nay I ask, what are you talking about? Mayweather wannts Olympic-style United States Anti-Doping Agency guidelines that would allow for random blood testing up until two days before the bout. I believe Pac wants the original testing that he has always been doing for every fight to take place.
I want Pac to take the tests to shut everyone up, but it looks like he won’t. But if he does submit to testing as Mayweather wants, then boxing should do this kind of testing from now on.[/quote]

yesterday dan rafael of ESPN reported Mayweather agreed to drop the USADA testing and go with the test at signing, test at mid point, and test immediatley after the fight, just like bob Arum had proposed…later Rafael reported Arum said now they want to just go with what ever Nevada commission has been doing the past 40 years, which is once right b4 fight and once right after fight or what ever the commission proposes. you can look it up it was on the bottomline of ESPN all day.
this my friend is backpedaling, Arum keeps changing his stance.

and i agree a new drug-testing system needs to be in place from this fight and on, u can even look at this fight as wut brought in the new testing for boxing and would be even more historical than it already is hyped up to be. Every sport has tightened up testing except boxing.

everyone on this forum knows a lil about steroids and the testing that is administered in boxing can EASILY be manipulated.

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

[quote]Ben_VFR85 wrote:
I dont think he would need to juice for this fight if he was juicing for others before. I’m sure mayweather hasn’t been anywhere near as focused on his fighting after such a layoff. It seems that a lot of people who live the high life then have a layoff cant come back as good, or better, than they were.

I see this as Tyson II, he’ll talk shit and get the money up for the fight. He’s the badest, everyone is a loser, watch this, this will be amazing, my competition have to cheat to even get close to me… then… bang, anti-climax. Mayweather gets his money just for turning up and getting beat.

Fair enough if he wants to come back and pay off the debts. I dont care about that. Saying that someone else is on the juice and trying to ruin a good role models career [attitude, money to charity etc is so admirable IMO] is just wrong though.

Juicing, or even dishonesty and cheating, go on at the top level of any aspect of life. That’s just how it is. It’s the be the best mentality. Unfortunately in this case, the public will most likely see “steroids… yeah he’s on roids!” then they wont think the same of him which would be a crying shame.

I couldn’t give a fuck if he’s on the juice. Having your career ruined by some broke, cocky, arrogant figure who’s exposed you as a method of drawing in more money is B/S. Mayweather should appreciate the fact he would fight him and give him his pay cheque.

[sorry, that was quite a rant there][/quote]

it was a douchebag of a rant at that and looks like ur “role model” is backpadealling again.

Mayweather camp caved and told Arum to go with THEIR plan for testing, so now Team Pac is saying “they r not sure now and maybe we should go back to original rules”…WTF? that doesnt sound right. I dont think Team pac thought Mayweather would cave in on the issue, and they wouldnt have to answer to any tests. but now they r really making themselves look bad by rejecting everything[/quote]

Talking about the morals of people in the public eye and discussing it with others is all “douchebag” these days? I must be getting old or keeping bad company, cause I dont understand how thats bad to discuss or mention. Nor did I say he was my role model, I said he was a good role model for a lot of people.

If this fight goes on, your boy will lose.

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

[quote]fnf wrote:

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

[quote]Ben_VFR85 wrote:
I dont think he would need to juice for this fight if he was juicing for others before. I’m sure mayweather hasn’t been anywhere near as focused on his fighting after such a layoff. It seems that a lot of people who live the high life then have a layoff cant come back as good, or better, than they were.

I see this as Tyson II, he’ll talk shit and get the money up for the fight. He’s the badest, everyone is a loser, watch this, this will be amazing, my competition have to cheat to even get close to me… then… bang, anti-climax. Mayweather gets his money just for turning up and getting beat.

Fair enough if he wants to come back and pay off the debts. I dont care about that. Saying that someone else is on the juice and trying to ruin a good role models career [attitude, money to charity etc is so admirable IMO] is just wrong though.

Juicing, or even dishonesty and cheating, go on at the top level of any aspect of life. That’s just how it is. It’s the be the best mentality. Unfortunately in this case, the public will most likely see “steroids… yeah he’s on roids!” then they wont think the same of him which would be a crying shame.

I couldn’t give a fuck if he’s on the juice. Having your career ruined by some broke, cocky, arrogant figure who’s exposed you as a method of drawing in more money is B/S. Mayweather should appreciate the fact he would fight him and give him his pay cheque.

[sorry, that was quite a rant there][/quote]

it was a douchebag of a rant at that and looks like ur “role model” is backpadealling again.

Mayweather camp caved and told Arum to go with THEIR plan for testing, so now Team Pac is saying “they r not sure now and maybe we should go back to original rules”…WTF? that doesnt sound right. I dont think Team pac thought Mayweather would cave in on the issue, and they wouldnt have to answer to any tests. but now they r really making themselves look bad by rejecting everything[/quote]

Nay I ask, what are you talking about? Mayweather wannts Olympic-style United States Anti-Doping Agency guidelines that would allow for random blood testing up until two days before the bout. I believe Pac wants the original testing that he has always been doing for every fight to take place.
I want Pac to take the tests to shut everyone up, but it looks like he won’t. But if he does submit to testing as Mayweather wants, then boxing should do this kind of testing from now on.[/quote]

yesterday dan rafael of ESPN reported Mayweather agreed to drop the USADA testing and go with the test at signing, test at mid point, and test immediatley after the fight, just like bob Arum had proposed…later Rafael reported Arum said now they want to just go with what ever Nevada commission has been doing the past 40 years, which is once right b4 fight and once right after fight or what ever the commission proposes. you can look it up it was on the bottomline of ESPN all day.
this my friend is backpedaling, Arum keeps changing his stance.

and i agree a new drug-testing system needs to be in place from this fight and on, u can even look at this fight as wut brought in the new testing for boxing and would be even more historical than it already is hyped up to be. Every sport has tightened up testing except boxing.

everyone on this forum knows a lil about steroids and the testing that is administered in boxing can EASILY be manipulated.
[/quote]

Didn’t know about that because I haven’t gone on ESPN for awhile. Now I have questions because Pac said he’d test before the fight and directly after. But he seems intent on not doing it mid-training. Oh well, guess Mags is next for his biggest payday.
Thanks for the update.

[quote]Ben_VFR85 wrote:

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

[quote]Ben_VFR85 wrote:
I dont think he would need to juice for this fight if he was juicing for others before. I’m sure mayweather hasn’t been anywhere near as focused on his fighting after such a layoff. It seems that a lot of people who live the high life then have a layoff cant come back as good, or better, than they were.

I see this as Tyson II, he’ll talk shit and get the money up for the fight. He’s the badest, everyone is a loser, watch this, this will be amazing, my competition have to cheat to even get close to me… then… bang, anti-climax. Mayweather gets his money just for turning up and getting beat.

Fair enough if he wants to come back and pay off the debts. I dont care about that. Saying that someone else is on the juice and trying to ruin a good role models career [attitude, money to charity etc is so admirable IMO] is just wrong though.

Juicing, or even dishonesty and cheating, go on at the top level of any aspect of life. That’s just how it is. It’s the be the best mentality. Unfortunately in this case, the public will most likely see “steroids… yeah he’s on roids!” then they wont think the same of him which would be a crying shame.

I couldn’t give a fuck if he’s on the juice. Having your career ruined by some broke, cocky, arrogant figure who’s exposed you as a method of drawing in more money is B/S. Mayweather should appreciate the fact he would fight him and give him his pay cheque.

[sorry, that was quite a rant there][/quote]

it was a douchebag of a rant at that and looks like ur “role model” is backpadealling again.

Mayweather camp caved and told Arum to go with THEIR plan for testing, so now Team Pac is saying “they r not sure now and maybe we should go back to original rules”…WTF? that doesnt sound right. I dont think Team pac thought Mayweather would cave in on the issue, and they wouldnt have to answer to any tests. but now they r really making themselves look bad by rejecting everything[/quote]

Talking about the morals of people in the public eye and discussing it with others is all “douchebag” these days? I must be getting old or keeping bad company, cause I dont understand how thats bad to discuss or mention. Nor did I say he was my role model, I said he was a good role model for a lot of people.

If this fight goes on, your boy will lose.[/quote]

Mayweather CAN lose to Pac, but if he does it wont be as easy as u make it sound. this will be the biggest fight of Pacs life…Mayweather is not old, hes not gonna drain himself trying to make a ridiculous catch-weight, and he hasnt been abused and knocked-out b4. Money will be the best fighter Pac has ever faced. Hes more athletic, skilled, and crafty than any fighter Pac has ever seen. this will be a tuff fight for both men

oh and ur rant had douchebaggery written all over it cuz it was so 1 sided…atleast give the man his props for being so fuckin gifted and having the ability to put Pacquiao to the test. Hes got a big mouth so wut? he doesnt fight who u think he should fight, so wut?

u cant deny that he strikes fear into every phillipino and pacman fans heart, because u know he has the ability to shut down pac and put this over hyped show to sleep.

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

[quote]Ben_VFR85 wrote:

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

[quote]Ben_VFR85 wrote:
I dont think he would need to juice for this fight if he was juicing for others before. I’m sure mayweather hasn’t been anywhere near as focused on his fighting after such a layoff. It seems that a lot of people who live the high life then have a layoff cant come back as good, or better, than they were.

I see this as Tyson II, he’ll talk shit and get the money up for the fight. He’s the badest, everyone is a loser, watch this, this will be amazing, my competition have to cheat to even get close to me… then… bang, anti-climax. Mayweather gets his money just for turning up and getting beat.

Fair enough if he wants to come back and pay off the debts. I dont care about that. Saying that someone else is on the juice and trying to ruin a good role models career [attitude, money to charity etc is so admirable IMO] is just wrong though.

Juicing, or even dishonesty and cheating, go on at the top level of any aspect of life. That’s just how it is. It’s the be the best mentality. Unfortunately in this case, the public will most likely see “steroids… yeah he’s on roids!” then they wont think the same of him which would be a crying shame.

I couldn’t give a fuck if he’s on the juice. Having your career ruined by some broke, cocky, arrogant figure who’s exposed you as a method of drawing in more money is B/S. Mayweather should appreciate the fact he would fight him and give him his pay cheque.

[sorry, that was quite a rant there][/quote]

it was a douchebag of a rant at that and looks like ur “role model” is backpadealling again.

Mayweather camp caved and told Arum to go with THEIR plan for testing, so now Team Pac is saying “they r not sure now and maybe we should go back to original rules”…WTF? that doesnt sound right. I dont think Team pac thought Mayweather would cave in on the issue, and they wouldnt have to answer to any tests. but now they r really making themselves look bad by rejecting everything[/quote]

Talking about the morals of people in the public eye and discussing it with others is all “douchebag” these days? I must be getting old or keeping bad company, cause I dont understand how thats bad to discuss or mention. Nor did I say he was my role model, I said he was a good role model for a lot of people.

If this fight goes on, your boy will lose.[/quote]

Mayweather CAN lose to Pac, but if he does it wont be as easy as u make it sound. this will be the biggest fight of Pacs life…Mayweather is not old, hes not gonna drain himself trying to make a ridiculous catch-weight, and he hasnt been abused and knocked-out b4. Money will be the best fighter Pac has ever faced. Hes more athletic, skilled, and crafty than any fighter Pac has ever seen. this will be a tuff fight for both men

oh and ur rant had douchebaggery written all over it cuz it was so 1 sided…atleast give the man his props for being so fuckin gifted and having the ability to put Pacquiao to the test. Hes got a big mouth so wut? he doesnt fight who u think he should fight, so wut?

u cant deny that he strikes fear into every phillipino and pacman fans heart, because u know he has the ability to shut down pac and put this over hyped show to sleep. [/quote]

Pac ain’t over hyped. He is a bad mutha fucka, and you know this.

Years ago I was accused of being a Maytard because I’d always defend him from the fair-weather boxing fans. You know; he’s boring, runs around too much, ducks fighters that can beat him, yada yada yada. Unlike many Pac fans, I’ve watched EVERY SINGLE Mayweather fight. He has the ability to dictate the pace of this fight bettter than Pac can. He does not take chances. The only times he will take a chance and open up is if he knows you can’t hurt him or he has a definite speed advantage on you. Think of Corrales and Gatti. Mayweather knows Pac can match his speed and power, so he’ll pick him apart with jabs, which Pac gets hit with alot, tie him up, and move around. Pac will get hit a lot, but won’t be hurt.

So when someone says the truth, they’re being unfair and one sided? Sorry about that but I guess its true that people “caaaaant haaandle the truuuth!”.When you say so what to all my points, you’re not in the same conversation as me, so dont start your own with the person you’re not listening to.

Fight specific, I cant wait to see it. I’ve always said there is no overall better fighter, just a better fighter on the day. Theres always chances for both men, sometimes they see them sometimes they dont. Mayweather took down hatton and gave him a beating and I’ve always seen hatton similar to Pac in many ways.

How so? Hatton never seemed like a clean fighter when I’ve watched him, he takes a lot of shots, has shitty movement and can’t put punches together as well as Manny.

Two things I think that are important:

Roach knows how to beat Mayweather, Oscar was prett damn close.

Sure people can say Mayweather is a bigger and better Marquez, but Manny was whooping his ass in the beginning of their fights, Marquez can ADJUST really well. Can Floyd? Oscar would have won if he kept jabbing.

Here’s the deal:

Athletes take drugs in just about every sport imaginable. The high level of competition and the money involved mean there are huge incentives to do so and people working hard to allow athletes to get an edge and pass the tests. Urine tests or blood tests, it doesn’t really matter.

You just have to adjust drug choices, masking agents and timing to fit the testing. The USADA isn’t special. Just annoying. We will never know most of what is going on or who is taking what. I bet you would be shocked if you knew the extent of drug use in the NFL, MMA, boxing, Olympic/World Championship sport, etc. Pacquiao is no more likely to take drugs than anyone else. I believe he agreed to unlimited urine tests and some blood tests. This is more than what either fighter has taken in the past as far as I know.

Knowing this we can assume Mayweather’s camp is either stupid or playing games. They can’t be that stupid, especially when Mayweather is obviously not being serious when he talks about the fans deserving a fair fight pure and clean from any cheating whatsoever blah blah blah. Since when does he care what the fans want or deserve? This leaves game playing.

Floyd knows he has fought guys who could have been on drugs. He knows what Manny will bring to the fight regardless of what either guy is on and he should know that he has a very good chance of beating Manny.

I believe Floyd is doing this for one of three reasons:
Rumors, however unfounded, cast suspicion. This is a good opportunity to try to force intrusive testing on his opponent. If Pacquiao agreed to the testing it would make him uncomfortable during his camp and before the fight. It doesn’t matter if taking a test makes you weak.

If you really believe it does, then it will.
or
Floyd wants to play games and try to get the upper hand in negotiations and possibly postpone the fight for more build up. If this is the case, he failed. Top Rank has the upper hand with the lawsuits and parallel negotiations. Mayweather needs this fight. He needs the money.

Pacqiao would like this fight but he won’t bend over to get it because he doesn’t need it.(I personally do need it, my life will be a little less full without it)
or
Floyd for whatever reason doesn’t really want to fight Pacquiao and this a good way out. It makes it look like Manny is guilty and dodging the test and the one who is the deal-breaker.

I don’t believe actually trying to get a “fair” fight is behind Mayweather’s push for this unorthodox testing and I don’t think fear of getting caught is behind Pacquiao’s refusal to take the tests. I think both fighters should take the same test they and everyone else have always taken.

I can’t believe this has gone this far when the accusations came from crazy old Floyd who apparently thinks Peds allow you to take shots and not get hurt and Paulie who apparently thinks they allow you to appear to be in a good mood after getting your eardrum punctured. I do have to say though, that Paulie’s comments this week were more thoughtful and worth taking note of.

However, when you get down to it, I don’t see anything that could be attributed to drugs and not skill and hard training except recovery ability and it’s impossible to know what a fighter had or has gained in that area unless you are with him every day in training.

Floyd needs to stop pushing the drug testing bullshit and Manny needs to commit to some testing scenario and stick to it. I can’t believe the normal negotiations went so smoothly and this is what is going to derail this fight.

[quote]drewh wrote:
How so? Hatton never seemed like a clean fighter when I’ve watched him, he takes a lot of shots, has shitty movement and can’t put punches together as well as Manny.

Two things I think that are important:

Roach knows how to beat Mayweather, Oscar was prett damn close.
[/quote]

Yes, but the way DLH fought May and the way that Pac will fight May are two different things.

Roach knows that trying to outjab Mayweather will only work with a taller fighter that has a great jab… that’s not Pac.

Floyd has proved that he can adjust to anything- Judah’s speed, Hatton’s swarming, Diego’s punching… that’s Mayweather’s forte. Mayweather adjusts way better than Marquez, and you’ll see him begin to take over after the fifth round or so.

I don’t think Mayweather cares if Pac takes roids or not, He knows that he fought other fighters on roids at some point in his career. Mayweather’s family grew up in Boxing they understand the “Game”, they want to start the fight way before they get in the ring and this is it.

They did this to start some shit, to play with Pac’s camp. If Mayweather really believed Pac using was dangerous to him he would not have said something so publicaly so early, it gives Pac way too much time to try to disguise it. Fighters fight in and out of the ring.

That being said, Pac’s defamation law suit was a great counter punch. Hopefully what we see in the ring will be this good.

side notes.
OP you don’t think Pac’s head is big? He looks like Bonkers to me.

Mayweather isn’t 40-0 in 6 different weight classes because he’s scared to fight.

[quote]drewh wrote:
How so? Hatton never seemed like a clean fighter when I’ve watched him, he takes a lot of shots, has shitty movement and can’t put punches together as well as Manny.

Two things I think that are important:

Roach knows how to beat Mayweather, Oscar was prett damn close.

Sure people can say Mayweather is a bigger and better Marquez, but Manny was whooping his ass in the beginning of their fights, Marquez can ADJUST really well. Can Floyd? Oscar would have won if he kept jabbing.

[/quote]

wondering if Floyd can adjust? watch mayweather v. zab judah 1&2, he came off thes canvas and took one of the nastiest intentional low blows i ever seen, to win. Infact i think that fight proves how floyd can handle speed thats comparable to his own…Dont get me wrong im not saying Judah is PacMan, but its a good person to compare with as far as speed and talent.

Pac is not ducking the testing, hes just not giving in to Mays RIDICULOUS demanands which is a good strategy. If he gave in to every dumbass demand mayweather could think of, then may has a psychological advantage over pac, which won’t work because Roach, Pac, etc. wont be bullied. Another thing, guys im SURE this is all hype. Theres no way Arum would sit back and let mayweather go by and have pacquiao fight paulie. gimme a break it will not happen mark my words, Pacquiao and Mayweather will fight very soon.

The only thing pacquiao could have been on to improve his chin would be PCP or booze, which is beyond ridiculous. I want to see someone who is knowledgeable about PEDs call that dumb fuck crackhead mayweather senior and jersey shore Paulie on their plainly stupid remarks.

And yes May is obviously tryng to get in pacquiaos head, but its no more than finger pointing and name calling. what goes around comes around, hes trying to humiliate pac and believe me Mayweather will get his.

Mayweather isn’t 40-0 in 6 different weight classes because he’s scared to fight.

That’s exactly why he is.

[quote]Rampage19 wrote:
Pac is not ducking the testing, hes just not giving in to Mays RIDICULOUS demanands which is a good strategy. If he gave in to every dumbass demand mayweather could think of, then may has a psychological advantage over pac, which won’t work because Roach, Pac, etc. wont be bullied. Another thing, guys im SURE this is all hype. Theres no way Arum would sit back and let mayweather go by and have pacquiao fight paulie. gimme a break it will not happen mark my words, Pacquiao and Mayweather will fight very soon.

The only thing pacquiao could have been on to improve his chin would be PCP or booze, which is beyond ridiculous. I want to see someone who is knowledgeable about PEDs call that dumb fuck crackhead mayweather senior and jersey shore Paulie on their plainly stupid remarks.

And yes May is obviously tryng to get in pacquiaos head, but its no more than finger pointing and name calling. what goes around comes around, hes trying to humiliate pac and believe me Mayweather will get his.[/quote]

Olympic style testing isn’t a ridiculous demand. Changing their stance on testing so many times has made team Pacquiao look bad though, and I’m sure a lot of people are wondering why they want Manny tested as little as possible.

If you want so see a mind game then look at the $10 million for each pound over that team Mayweather agreed too.

Hatton is fast, technique was sloppy, his movement was good. He was also really powerful.

Atleast thats my view. I find a lot of good British fighters are seen as being “no where near” any other nationality of fighters a lot of the time. Either way - personally I see them as similar, of course not the same. But thats me.

[quote]Ben_VFR85 wrote:
Hatton is fast, technique was sloppy, his movement was good. He was also really powerful.
[/quote]
His technique LOOKED sloppy, against Mayweather. Before mayweather Hatton was Mr. Speed, technique, and power.

[quote]drewh wrote:
Mayweather isn’t 40-0 in 6 different weight classes because he’s scared to fight.

That’s exactly why he is.[/quote]

He has taken fights against a lot of good fighters, he’s not undefeated because he’s lucky. While he hasn’t taken every fight I’ve wanted him to take I can’t really complain. Even with his fights against smaller people he isn’t just choosing cans.

[quote]drewh wrote:
How so? Hatton never seemed like a clean fighter when I’ve watched him, he takes a lot of shots, has shitty movement and can’t put punches together as well as Manny.

Two things I think that are important:

Roach knows how to beat Mayweather, Oscar was prett damn close.

Sure people can say Mayweather is a bigger and better Marquez, but Manny was whooping his ass in the beginning of their fights, Marquez can ADJUST really well. Can Floyd? Oscar would have won if he kept jabbing.

[/quote]

If Roach knew how to beat Mayweather Oscar would have won the fight.

Marquez starts out slow, some fighters just do. Marquez did come back to get a draw in the first fight from being behind on points and many people including myself feel he won the second fight. I’d say Mayweather showed how well he can adjust after knocking out Hatton[when it meant something] when he was down on points, which saved the fight for him.

No, if Oscar would have jabbed he would’ve won even then many people thought he won. (This is indisputable Mayweather fans).

I’m not saying Money was lucky just that he hand picks fights which definitely has something to do with his record.

I kind of see where you can say Mayweather adjusted against Hatton, but I’ll be biased because I’ve never thought Hatton was that good.

[quote]drewh wrote:
No, if Oscar would have jabbed he would’ve won even then many people thought he won. (This is indisputable Mayweather fans).

I’m not saying Money was lucky just that he hand picks fights which definitely has something to do with his record.

I kind of see where you can say Mayweather adjusted against Hatton, but I’ll be biased because I’ve never thought Hatton was that good.[/quote]

Hatton wasn’t bad, he was a good little fighter. He also had a pretty good fight against Floyd. As weird as it sounds; if Hatton didn’t get knocked out he would have won that fight.

That could be said for everyones’ record. I’d like to have seen him take some different fights recently, he did earn his spot at the top though.