Pacquiao Roids Nonsense

"By Steve Lewis: Junior welterweight contender Paulie Malignaggi, who has an upcoming rematch against Juan â??Baby Bullâ?? Diaz this coming Saturday in Chicago, IL, has made some noise again all over the internet over his â??speculationâ?? and â??opinionâ?? that WBO Welterweight Champion Manny Pacquiao is under the influence of performance enhancing drugs, despite numerous reports that Pacquiao had tested negative after his Nov. 14 bout with Miguel Cotto.

During an interview on the Boxing Truth Radio with Ricardo Lois and John Chavez, Malignaggi stated, after being asked about Manny Pacquiao:

â??Look at what Manny is doing. He is absolutely crushing world-class killers. And here he is, this little midget.â??

â??He gets a broken eardrum and yet, he is walking around afterwards like he was dodging spitballs. There are things (drugs?) out there than can do that.â??

â??Youâ??re hiding under a rock if you canâ??t see what I am talking about. This is a guy who was life and death with Juan Manuel Marquez at 120 pounds and now, heâ??s got 15 to 17 pounds of muscle on him. Look at how short he is. He didnâ??t get taller, did he?â??

Now, I am not a chemist or a biologist, but I have seen and heard of the various symptoms and side effects of someone who is on steroids or performance enhancing drugs. Does Pacquiao fir the profile? Here are the typical signs:

• Unusually greasy hair or oily skin (Pacquiao does not appear to be any more greasy or oilier than Malignaggi).

• Acne breakouts in the shoulder and back area (even watching on HD, I donâ??t recall seeing any on Pacquiao).

• Hair loss or receding hairline (if anything, Pacquiaoâ??s hair seems to be getting wilder and bushier).

• Increased thickness and length of body hair (other than Pacquiaoâ??s scraggly beard, I donâ??t see much body hair on him).

• Abnormally excessive development of the breast tissue (Pacquiaoâ??s never really been noted for his pecs, but rather for his massive calves and those shark-like gills underneath his chest).

• Increased aggression or irritability (other than in the squared circle, Pacquiao is as nice as they come, signing autographs for hours, etc. Heâ??s not exactly noted as being a â??snarler.â?? He smiles, waving at the crowd when he marches into the ring, for crying out loud.)

• Disrespectful or abusive behavior (Pacquiao never trash talks and always remains diplomatic, even towards his opponents).

• Extreme mood swings (Pacquiao is known to be a happy-go-lucky kind of guy).

• Almost cartoonish muscle growth (Pacquiao has never been considered a â??bigâ?? guy. The guy is cut like hell, but he does not have a crazy bodybuilder-type physique. In his climb from 126 to 130 to meet Erik Morales, Pacquiao was the seen as the â??smallerâ?? man. In his climb from 130 to 135 against David Diaz, Pacquiao was the â??smallerâ?? man. In his climb to 140 to meet Ricky Hatton, Pacquiao was the â??smallerâ?? man. In his climb to 145 to meet Cotto, Pacquiao was the â??smallerâ?? man).

• Unusual increase in the size of the head â?? literally, not figuratively (money & fame will do that, but look at Major League Baseballâ??s Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire. Their noggins literally got bigger. Barry Bondsâ?? hat size reportedly increased by 4 sizes! Pacquiaoâ??s head appears to be the same).

• Uncharacteristic increase of power/stamina (Pacquiao has always been noted as a puncher with â??pop.â?? He was not some feather-fist who developed power out of nowhere, like Bret Boone of Major League Baseball, who became a homerun hitter out of nowhere. When Pacquiao started out as a jr. flyweight pro, Pacquiao ended his fights with a KO or TKO within 5 rounds or less in 15 of his first 25+ fights. He knocked down the Mexican triumvirate of Marco Antonio Barrera, Erik Morales, and Juan Manuel Marquez at least 11 times, maybe more if not for ropes holding them up or the bell saving them. Numerous sparring partners have reportedly been sent home packing, with birds still flying around their heads. The guy obviously does not get called a â??Tropical Stormâ?? or a â??Typhoonâ?? because of all the wind that he blows).

So none of these common warning signs seem to be applicable to Pacquiao. This is a guy, after all, who is even hesitant to take an Advil, let alone, steroids.

Itâ??s a silly accusation. Steroids or not, a perfectly placed punch to a precise spot on the chin will still knock you down, if not out! And Malignaggiâ??s suggestion that Pacquiao must be on something to withstand the pain of power shots and a busted eardrum is ridiculous! Someone would have to be on PCP or something similar to walk through major punishment.

Seriously, if Pacquiao was on PCP, he would not be prancing into the ring with an ear-to-ear grin, waving at fans, looking like a kid in a toy store. He would be fidgeting around, contorting his facial muscles like heâ??s about to jack someone.

Does Pacquiao look like heâ??s on some kind of uppers? The guy is too cool under pressure and laid back to be on any kind of uppers. Some people will have to realize that sometimes, itâ??s all about hard work and discipline. And for even a select few, itâ??s a matter of having a God-given gift or ability.

Letâ??s hope this issue is finally laid to rest, but with the upcoming superfight with the Mayweathers, it probably will not."

Just found this article on the internet somewhere, worth the read. Im dissapointed in Paulie or anyone for that matter who claims any athlete is on roids without ANY proof whatsoever, just a lot of jealousy. It really can screw your rep, cuz once someone cries steroids whether your guilty of using them or not you become “the roided guy” in the publics eye. Certainly Manny does not deserve this being one of the best guys in the sport skill wise and as well as his attitude

Didn’t he start his career at as a flyweight? Hard NOT to gain weight…

Okay, you really wanna know his secret?

… WHITE RICE and Tinolang Manok (Chicken Ginger Stew with Moringa leaves)

If you wanna know how to cook it, give me a pm and I’ll let you know.

You have to understand, no one else has been able to climb so high successfully. Of course this means that people will look for a reason besides “He’s that good.”

Honestly, any boxer could be on steroids. If they test him and he comes up clean, there’s nothing to be said.

But Malignaggi is not a shit talker… so it does make me wonder.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
You have to understand, no one else has been able to climb so high successfully. Of course this means that people will look for a reason besides “He’s that good.”

Honestly, any boxer could be on steroids. If they test him and he comes up clean, there’s nothing to be said.

But Malignaggi is not a shit talker… so it does make me wonder.[/quote]

Come on irish. Just cause this guy doesnt talk alot of shit, you’re giving him the “benefit of the doubt”?

He’s obviously still crying about losing that fight to JD saying “boxing is full of shit” and complaining about the decision the judges made. I didn’t watch the whole fight, just the highlights and in my opinion, his complaints are credible to a degree. But he’s a fucking whiner, proving my point at the post fight. And in my book, with PacMan’s class and status, we should all give him the benefit of the doubt. Like the OP’s post and EVERY RESPECTABLE figure in boxing, fighters dont come NICER than Pac. Heck, if a replay showed of him intentionally throwing a fuckin elbow to the head, I’d give him the benefit of the doubt and believe him if he said it was unintentional.

THE MAYWEATHERS are shit talkers. And they started this whole thing. So out of all the crap that comes out of their camp, you actually believe this is even a legit accusation?

And yes, he did TEST NEGATIVE after the Cotto fight like the article said. So that, and Manny’s class, and overall fucking nice guy, happy go lucky going attitude, in and out of the ring, this should be a no brainer.

ur obviously a PACTARD

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:

Come on irish. Just cause this guy doesnt talk alot of shit, you’re giving him the “benefit of the doubt”?
[/quote]

Uhh… yea. I follow boxing closer than anything else, and Malignaggi is typically right on a lot of stuff. He may be a super douche guinzo, but he knows boxing. For Mayweather to say something like that is a given- for Malignaggi, it makes me wonder. That’s all.

Ahh… He SHOULD be whining about that. It was the biggest robbery of the year, and every boxing fan around the world KNOWS it. Boxing is full of shit, is has always been, and that was one of the worst examples of “home town judges” I’ve ever seen.

I’d like to see you prepare for a fight for 12 weeks, eat sleep and breath it, and then get there, win the fight convincingly, and then have 3 jerkoffs tell you you lost it. You’d be “whining” too.

And… hmm… if you’re going to talk about it, WATCH THE FUCKING FIGHT FIRST, huh?

What the fuck? See, this is what I don’t understand about the Pactards- you’re acting like the man is infallible.

Whether he is on or not isn’t the point- it’s why people like you think the man walks on water. Hell, unless you speak fucking Filipino, you can’t tell whether he’s nice or not. And one month ago, people were saying teh same shit about Tiger Woods.

He’s a rich and famous athlete, and is only a man. Don’t put too much stock in licking his balls, because you’re only going to be upset if something happens (like all the rumors of his extramarital affairs). He’s an athlete, not your father.

Read above. Not because of them. Floyd Sr. is a moron.

[quote]
And yes, he did TEST NEGATIVE after the Cotto fight like the article said. So that, and Manny’s class, and overall fucking nice guy, happy go lucky going attitude, in and out of the ring, this should be a no brainer.[/quote]

Well then there should be no question, eh? Now get Manny’s balls out of your throat, you might choke.

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
ur obviously a PACTARD[/quote]

I believe you are a Mayweather fan, so does that make you a MayTARD? Just kidding

Manny weighed in at 130 for the Marquez fight in March 2008 and fought Cotto at 145 November 2009, so 15lbs of muscle in 18 months is reachable. But I’m not taking into account what his boxing training does to retard the growth of muscle in that time span.

Now a days, I wouldn’t be surprised if any of the athletes I liked then and now have taken steroids. This includes, Tyson, RJJ, Vargas (who did take steroids), Mayweather, Pac, and GSP. Speaking of GSP, maybe the reason he likes rubbing his nipples before fights is because the gyno is bothering him.

Would I be devastated if Pac was caught on steroids? Yeah. Would I be surprised? HECK NO! And this goes for all my favorite athletes.

[quote]fnf wrote:

Now a days, I wouldn’t be surprised if any of the athletes I liked then and now have taken steroids. This includes, Tyson, RJJ, Vargas (who did take steroids), Mayweather, Pac, and GSP. Speaking of GSP, maybe the reason he likes rubbing his nipples before fights is because the gyno is bothering him.

Would I be devastated if Pac was caught on steroids? Yeah. Would I be surprised? HECK NO! And this goes for all my favorite athletes.[/quote]

Exactly.

Boxing doesn’t exist in a vacuum. As a Red Sox fan, it killed me to know that Ortiz did steroids… but what the fuck? They’re athletes. This shit right here is why you NEVER idolize them, or let your kids do the same.

Sugar Shane broke my heart too.

If Manny was to be found on steroids, there would be a mass suicide in teh Philipines because they’ve got too much invested in him.

I like how people, who should know better, think steroids or other drugs only make you bigger.

you don’t have to show typical symptoms or have any physical indicators to have used.
And you dont always use to get bigger.
lots of athletes take stuff, for many reasons.

Recovery
sleep
recovery
body composition
recovery

Particularly sports where such intense training , in a concentrated time frame, some recovery aids
go a long long way and there allot more widespread than you think.
ad to the fact that we are talking several million dollars

athletes ( not body builders) take steroid to recovery and train more, not to get bigger.

as for pac taking to " get bigger" 15 lbs isnt allot for someone to gain - at his size
im sure to make 130 he made a much bigger cut and had a much more restrictive diet

Let a little guy eat more , with the same or similar conditioning work, training etc
and there you go with 15lbs. not so hard.

[quote]fnf wrote:

Would I be devastated if Pac was caught on steroids? Yeah. Would I be surprised? HECK NO! And this goes for all my favorite athletes.[/quote]

Exactly.

Boxing doesn’t exist in a vacuum. As a Red Sox fan, it killed me to know that Ortiz did steroids… but what the fuck? They’re athletes. This shit right here is why you NEVER idolize them, or let your kids do the same.

If Manny was to be found on steroids, there would be a mass suicide in teh Philipines because they’ve got too much invested in him.[/quote]

Before Ortiz was caught on P.E.D’s, he said players caught should be banned for the whole year. Sometimes it’s the person who talks the loudest that is the one doing them. Wouldn’t surprise me if Paulie Malignaggi was on steroids.

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
I like how people, who should know better, think steroids or other drugs only make you bigger.

you don’t have to show typical symptoms or have any physical indicators to have used.

Recovery
sleep
recovery
body composition
recovery

Particularly sports where such intense training , in a concentrated time frame, some recovery aids

athletes ( not body builders) take steroid to recovery and train more, not to get bigger.

as for pac taking to " get bigger" 15 lbs isnt allot for someone to gain - at his size
im sure to make 130 he made a much bigger cut and had a much more restrictive diet

Let a little guy eat more , with the same or similar conditioning work, training etc

[/quote]

Absolutely agree.

Roach himself said that having Pac make 130 or 135 was miserable for him, because he had to cut so hard.

And at 147, Roach said it was hard to feed him enough to keep that weight on him (and Pac has never actually weighed 147- he comes in a couple lbs. under even for welterweight fights).

These things are consistent with a regular athlete.

And Sugar SHane was taking steroids, and he weighed in at 147 each time. So I’m kind of surprised that these writers haven’t understood that a guy doesn’t need to look like Mark McGuire to be using steroids effectively.

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:

Recovery
sleep
recovery
body composition
recovery

[/quote]

That’s why I used to argue that relief pitchers and not just hitters are doing steroids. They sometimes pitch 2-3 innings in 3-4 games in one week. It’s all about recovery with them. It took Greg Gagne to open up peoples eyes. It’s much easier to see the length and number of homeruns in a year than innings pitched.

If any athlete had a reason to take steroids, it would be those involved with MMA. I’ve known people who do Muay Thai, BJJ, wrestling, and boxing each for 1-2 hrs, every day. And they have jobs. Talk about recovery.

If Pac did do steroids it will be covered up until after he retires or after the Mayweather fight. Right now, he makes the sport (and Las Vegas) a lot of money. And for the record, I don’t believe he is on roids.

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:

But Malignaggi is not a shit talker… so it does make me wonder.[/quote]

He’s obviously still crying about losing that fight to JD saying “boxing is full of shit” and complaining about the decision the judges made. I didn’t watch the whole fight, just the highlights and in my opinion, his complaints are credible to a degree. But he’s a fucking whiner, proving my point at the post fight. And in my book, with PacMan’s class and status, we should all give him the benefit of the doubt. Like the OP’s post and EVERY RESPECTABLE figure in boxing, fighters dont come NICER than Pac. Heck, if a replay showed of him intentionally throwing a fuckin elbow to the head, I’d give him the benefit of the doubt and believe him if he said it was unintentional.

THE MAYWEATHERS are shit talkers. And they started this whole thing. So out of all the crap that comes out of their camp, you actually believe this is even a legit accusation?

And yes, he did TEST NEGATIVE after the Cotto fight like the article said. So that, and Manny’s class, and overall fucking nice guy, happy go lucky going attitude, in and out of the ring, this should be a no brainer.[/quote]

Just because they test negative doesn’t mean they’re not taking any banned substances, no one will ever really know what fighters take banned substances.

Anybody hear about the Mayweather camp’s request to have Pacquiao and i guess Mayweather himself blood tested regularly? even up to 48 hours before the fight. Im no pro athlete, but after i get blood taken i feel weak, even from a small amount of blood. Im sure its more psychological than anything but i think the blood tests should be stopped a few days prior.

I mean Its obvious if anyones taking anything they wouldnt start it 2 days before the fight, that just wouldnt be productive especially since those are usually days where fighters taper and lay off intense training. your thoughts…

Accusations are mounting, and one thing I’ve learned as a journalist- where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

Does it suck? Yea. But if Mayweather will do it, and Pac is not cutting but putting on weight for the fight as he always does at 147, this won’t affect him badly.

At this point, Pac should do it because now there will ALWAYS be speculation.

And as I said… such a meteoric rise in such an overwhelmingly corrupt sport has to be questioned.

I don’t know much about drug testing, but what is the difference between taking a blood test up to 48hrs before the fight and taking the test immediately after the fight. From my understanding, Pac will take the blood test right after the fight, but not 48hrs before. This would mess up his pre-fight ritual and such. I know PBF is trying to win the psychological battle by getting in Pac’s head, but it looks like Pac will say no.

I remember there was an olypmic swimmer (not Phelps) years ago who broke a record and they said within an hour they were doing a blood test.

[quote]Rampage19 wrote:
Anybody hear about the Mayweather camp’s request to have Pacquiao and i guess Mayweather himself blood tested regularly? even up to 48 hours before the fight. Im no pro athlete, but after i get blood taken i feel weak, even from a small amount of blood. Im sure its more psychological than anything but i think the blood tests should be stopped a few days prior.

I mean Its obvious if anyones taking anything they wouldnt start it 2 days before the fight, that just wouldnt be productive especially since those are usually days where fighters taper and lay off intense training. your thoughts…[/quote]

They are usually tested AFTER the fight anyway, which achieves exactly the same (if not a better) result… That is how the existing testing works, Gayweather wants to involve a whole different commission and do Olympic style testing as opposed to the regular. Gayweather’s camp probably knows as much about steroids and testing as they do about water polo. This is a mind game.

[quote]fnf wrote:

Exactly.

If Manny was to be found on steroids, there would be a mass suicide in teh Philipines because they’ve got too much invested in him.[/quote]

I doubt it, they would probably be like “…So?”.

but seriuosly Mayweather is requesting the same Olympic test that tested Marion Jones for all 10 years she won gold medals. After bonds and all of Victor’s people if they fail a drug test I question their intelligence more than what substance they took.

[quote]Rampage19 wrote:
"By Steve Lewis: Junior welterweight contender Paulie Malignaggi, who has an upcoming rematch against Juan â??Baby Bullâ?? Diaz this coming Saturday in Chicago, IL, has made some noise again all over the internet over his â??speculationâ?? and â??opinionâ?? that WBO Welterweight Champion Manny Pacquiao is under the influence of performance enhancing drugs, despite numerous reports that Pacquiao had tested negative after his Nov. 14 bout with Miguel Cotto.

During an interview on the Boxing Truth Radio with Ricardo Lois and John Chavez, Malignaggi stated, after being asked about Manny Pacquiao:

â??Look at what Manny is doing. He is absolutely crushing world-class killers. And here he is, this little midget.â??

â??He gets a broken eardrum and yet, he is walking around afterwards like he was dodging spitballs. There are things (drugs?) out there than can do that.â??

â??Youâ??re hiding under a rock if you canâ??t see what I am talking about. This is a guy who was life and death with Juan Manuel Marquez at 120 pounds and now, heâ??s got 15 to 17 pounds of muscle on him. Look at how short he is. He didnâ??t get taller, did he?â??

Now, I am not a chemist or a biologist, but I have seen and heard of the various symptoms and side effects of someone who is on steroids or performance enhancing drugs. Does Pacquiao fir the profile? Here are the typical signs:

• Unusually greasy hair or oily skin (Pacquiao does not appear to be any more greasy or oilier than Malignaggi).

• Acne breakouts in the shoulder and back area (even watching on HD, I donâ??t recall seeing any on Pacquiao).

• Hair loss or receding hairline (if anything, Pacquiaoâ??s hair seems to be getting wilder and bushier).

• Increased thickness and length of body hair (other than Pacquiaoâ??s scraggly beard, I donâ??t see much body hair on him).

• Abnormally excessive development of the breast tissue (Pacquiaoâ??s never really been noted for his pecs, but rather for his massive calves and those shark-like gills underneath his chest).

• Increased aggression or irritability (other than in the squared circle, Pacquiao is as nice as they come, signing autographs for hours, etc. Heâ??s not exactly noted as being a â??snarler.â?? He smiles, waving at the crowd when he marches into the ring, for crying out loud.)

• Disrespectful or abusive behavior (Pacquiao never trash talks and always remains diplomatic, even towards his opponents).

• Extreme mood swings (Pacquiao is known to be a happy-go-lucky kind of guy).

• Almost cartoonish muscle growth (Pacquiao has never been considered a â??bigâ?? guy. The guy is cut like hell, but he does not have a crazy bodybuilder-type physique. In his climb from 126 to 130 to meet Erik Morales, Pacquiao was the seen as the â??smallerâ?? man. In his climb from 130 to 135 against David Diaz, Pacquiao was the â??smallerâ?? man. In his climb to 140 to meet Ricky Hatton, Pacquiao was the â??smallerâ?? man. In his climb to 145 to meet Cotto, Pacquiao was the â??smallerâ?? man).

• Unusual increase in the size of the head â?? literally, not figuratively (money & fame will do that, but look at Major League Baseballâ??s Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire. Their noggins literally got bigger. Barry Bondsâ?? hat size reportedly increased by 4 sizes! Pacquiaoâ??s head appears to be the same).

• Uncharacteristic increase of power/stamina (Pacquiao has always been noted as a puncher with â??pop.â?? He was not some feather-fist who developed power out of nowhere, like Bret Boone of Major League Baseball, who became a homerun hitter out of nowhere. When Pacquiao started out as a jr. flyweight pro, Pacquiao ended his fights with a KO or TKO within 5 rounds or less in 15 of his first 25+ fights. He knocked down the Mexican triumvirate of Marco Antonio Barrera, Erik Morales, and Juan Manuel Marquez at least 11 times, maybe more if not for ropes holding them up or the bell saving them. Numerous sparring partners have reportedly been sent home packing, with birds still flying around their heads. The guy obviously does not get called a â??Tropical Stormâ?? or a â??Typhoonâ?? because of all the wind that he blows).

So none of these common warning signs seem to be applicable to Pacquiao. This is a guy, after all, who is even hesitant to take an Advil, let alone, steroids.

Itâ??s a silly accusation. Steroids or not, a perfectly placed punch to a precise spot on the chin will still knock you down, if not out! And Malignaggiâ??s suggestion that Pacquiao must be on something to withstand the pain of power shots and a busted eardrum is ridiculous! Someone would have to be on PCP or something similar to walk through major punishment.

Seriously, if Pacquiao was on PCP, he would not be prancing into the ring with an ear-to-ear grin, waving at fans, looking like a kid in a toy store. He would be fidgeting around, contorting his facial muscles like heâ??s about to jack someone.

Does Pacquiao look like heâ??s on some kind of uppers? The guy is too cool under pressure and laid back to be on any kind of uppers. Some people will have to realize that sometimes, itâ??s all about hard work and discipline. And for even a select few, itâ??s a matter of having a God-given gift or ability.

Letâ??s hope this issue is finally laid to rest, but with the upcoming superfight with the Mayweathers, it probably will not."

Just found this article on the internet somewhere, worth the read. Im dissapointed in Paulie or anyone for that matter who claims any athlete is on roids without ANY proof whatsoever, just a lot of jealousy. It really can screw your rep, cuz once someone cries steroids whether your guilty of using them or not you become “the roided guy” in the publics eye. Certainly Manny does not deserve this being one of the best guys in the sport skill wise and as well as his attitude
[/quote]

I don’t mean to be a dick (second time I’ve posted that today), but where the shitass did you get those roid facts? I really hope you don’t think the lot of them to be true.

I agree with myself on this argument; who cares if pac is on roids? So it allowed him to put on some mass (theoretically). Last time I checked roids don’t increase your skill sets.