Pacquaio vs. Cotto

And by the way Anthony, I’m just happy to be debating boxing on this board, so don’t think I’m just being a dick for the sake of it.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
fnf wrote:

Well Irish, I hope you’re wrong on your Pac prediction, just like when you picked DLH and Hatton by KO. I’m takin Pac by late KO because of his movement and speed.

hahahahha. You’ve been on this forum too long, fuck you.

But yea, I did pick DLH. But in my defense, nearly everyone who saw that matchup said that DLH was much too big for Pac. I don’t think anyone thought that DLH would come in looking like the ghost of Christmas past like he did.

And Hatton… well what the fuck. I was picking with my heart, as I always do any time Ricky Hatton fights. The guy’s my favorite fighter, and you could tell me he was going up against Rambo tomorrow and I would still pick him.

One thing about DLH, the only one who KO’d him was Hopkins and that was to the body, DLH has an underrated chin. So I never saw Pac being able to KO DLH.

Absolutely agree. DLH has one of the most underrated chins in the business- there wasn’t a chance of Pac KO’ing him.[/quote]

HA! There you go right there. You’re 0-2 Irish. What makes you think this one’s any different? LMFAO.

But seriously, while it is true that Zab had the speed, I don’t agree you can put him before PAC. And the difference between Zab, Floyd’s and PAC’s speed is that the PacMan is possibly the MOST EXPLOSIVE fighter this generation has ever seen. And Cotto’s style just isn’t cut out to hang with him when PAC starts throwing bombs.

Cotto is more inclined to stand up and just wait it out than wanting to exchange. And If he does that, he might have a chance to overwhelm PAC with his size advantage, though it is very little. But if he falls prey to trying and slug it out, he’s gonna be in for an early exit. Remember, Hatton had the similar size advantage but he foolishly tried to get into a slug fest with Pacquiao, and we all saw PAC deliver the KO of the year.

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:

HA! There you go right there. You’re 0-2 Irish. What makes you think this one’s any different? LMFAO.
[/quote]

I pick other fights much better. I won alot of money on the Margo-Cotto fight because everyone thought Margo was outclassed.

Marquez-Diaz was another I was right on recently.

But I do pick against Pac alot. I don’t know why. I swear I have nothing against him… I just think he’s overrated.

You’re getting ahead of yourself. Pac is fast, yes. At 140 and below, he’s powerful too. His handspeed is close to Floyd’s, but Floyd is more accurate. And Marquez is equally as explosive- I’m one of those who realizes that Marquez, in fact, won both those fights.

That may be true. But remember- Cotto throws bombs back. And Pac hasn’t been hit solid at a weight over 130 yet. I get the feeling he’s going to catch a couple of those brutal hooks and it’s gonna shake him down to his boots.

This doesn’t make any sense. At all.

That was at a lighter weight and Hatton’s chin is not what it used to be.

You’re missing my point- at 145 Pac will not have dynamite in his gloves. And he’s not going to knock out out a fighter that has taken shots from punchers like Shane and Margarito (Who are BIG FUCKING PUNCHERS) at 158 pounds. And remember- Pac couldn’t knock Marquez out at 130, either.

Pacquiao’s hope is to use footwork and speed and avoid Cotto- don’t get into exchanges with him, try and tire him out, score points and win rounds. Hope that Cotto comes in drained and slow like DLH and bounce around and circle like a southpaw should.

Roach told Pacquiao in prep for the Hatton fight, “Don’t let him touch you.” Cotto’s gonna touch him, and he’s gonna feel it. If Cotto comes in strong at 145 and Pac wants to trade, it’s going to be a short night for somebody.

Somebody’s sour a certain Brit got hs ass kicked seems like an epidemic these days, overhyped British fighters who get KO’d brutally.

[quote]drewh wrote:
Somebody’s sour a certain Brit got hs ass kicked seems like an epidemic these days, overhyped British fighters who get KO’d brutally.[/quote]

I don’t care about British fighters. I like Hatton. But I still think that Pac is overrated. Hatton’s style was tailor made for Pac, and DLH was a corpse.

I’ve watched Pac fight many, many times. He’s a great fighter, but I’m not convinced that he can take on a full welterweight. Roach is protecting him as much as he can.

But I do pick against Pac alot. I don’t know why. I swear I have nothing against him… I just think he’s overrated.

Roach told Pacquiao in prep for the Hatton fight, “Don’t let him touch you.” Cotto’s gonna touch him, and he’s gonna feel it. If Cotto comes in strong at 145 and Pac wants to trade, it’s going to be a short night for somebody.

Yes Irish, you do have something against Pac. haha Pacs not overrated because most boxing experts on ESPN picked DLH and Hatton to beat Pac. And they’ll pick Cotto and Mayweather if they fight him too. Pac will always be the underdog because he’ll always be the smaller fighter.
Pac is the most exciting fighter right now. Is he the best? Some would say Mayweather, just like you, but you have to admit, May Jr. is so good at outpointing his competition, that most of his fights are boring to the average boxing fan. I admire the technician that May Jr. is, but trying to convince other people to watch a fight with him, they’d rather have their teeth pulled.
Pac will use his movement and speed to both hit Cotto and stay away from his power. I’m taking Pac by KO in the 7th.

[quote]fnf wrote:

Yes Irish, you do have something against Pac.
[/quote]

Swear to god i don’t. I thought his win against DLH was awesome, but there are other factors. Pac is not some godlike fighter- he’s gotten gifts of decisions twice, fought a 35 year old corpse once, and knocked out a legitimate 140 champ in Hatton. I give him credit for what he’s done- namely the Hatton win.

Absolutely not. You’re completely wrong- 90 percent of boxing experts picked Pacman to win

No. He’ll be the favorite against Cotto, I guarantee it. Maybe not against Mayweather though, but then he shouldn’t be- Mayweather is the only one who school the shit out of Manny.

Sure.

I’m not the average boxing fan, and I don’t care what the average boxing fan thinks.

The “average boxing fan” hasn’t watched a good fight since Tyson-Lewis, hasn’t sparred EVER, has never even laced up a pair of gloves, but sits in the bar watching some shit match on Friday Night Fights and tells me what’s going on and who’s going to win. Then, they start a fight later on because they’re all hyped up from watching Rocky Juarez and some other nobody dance around. The “average boxing fan” can fuck themselves.

Mayweather is the finest example of a counterpuncher that I’ve ever seen, and his defense is absolutely masterful. I have watched all of his fights many times, and am amazed that I find something new every time. He’s incredible.

Then you’re a fool.

And by the way Anthony, I’m just happy to be debating boxing on this board, so don’t think I’m just being a dick for the sake of it. [/quote]

Nah, you’re not a dick. You have your opinions (and some very good point), and I have mine. That’s all. I still see a KO for Pacman. We’ll see on Nov. 14

[quote]Anthony50 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
And by the way Anthony, I’m just happy to be debating boxing on this board, so don’t think I’m just being a dick for the sake of it.

Nah, you’re not a dick. You have your opinions (and some very good point), and I have mine. That’s all. I still see a KO for Pacman. We’ll see on Nov. 14[/quote]

I do think it’s going to be a great fight.

fnf wrote:

Yes Irish, you do have something against Pac.

Swear to god i don’t. I thought his win against DLH was awesome, but there are other factors. Pac is not some godlike fighter- he’s gotten gifts of decisions twice, fought a 35 year old corpse once, and knocked out a legitimate 140 champ in Hatton. I give him credit for what he’s done- namely the Hatton win.

haha Pacs not overrated because most boxing experts on ESPN picked DLH and Hatton to beat Pac.

Absolutely not. You’re completely wrong- 90 percent of boxing experts picked Pacman to win

And they’ll pick Cotto and Mayweather if they fight him too. Pac will always be the underdog because he’ll always be the smaller fighter.

No. He’ll be the favorite against Cotto, I guarantee it. Maybe not against Mayweather though, but then he shouldn’t be- Mayweather is the only one who school the shit out of Manny.

Pac is the most exciting fighter right now.

Sure.

Is he the best? Some would say Mayweather, just like you, but you have to admit, May Jr. is so good at outpointing his competition, that most of his fights are boring to the average boxing fan. I admire the technician that May Jr. is, but trying to convince other people to watch a fight with him, they’d rather have their teeth pulled.

I’m not the average boxing fan, and I don’t care what the average boxing fan thinks.

The “average boxing fan” hasn’t watched a good fight since Tyson-Lewis, hasn’t sparred EVER, has never even laced up a pair of gloves, but sits in the bar watching some shit match on Friday Night Fights and tells me what’s going on and who’s going to win. Then, they start a fight later on because they’re all hyped up from watching Rocky Juarez and some other nobody dance around. The “average boxing fan” can fuck themselves.

Mayweather is the finest example of a counterpuncher that I’ve ever seen, and his defense is absolutely masterful. I have watched all of his fights many times, and am amazed that I find something new every time. He’s incredible.

Pac will use his movement and speed to both hit Cotto and stay away from his power. I’m taking Pac by KO in the 7th.

Then you’re a fool.[/quote]

I am a fool because I’ll ALWAYS pick Pac because he’s my favorite fighter and represents the PI. Right now you’re 0-2, you’ll soon be 0-3 after the 14th.
Off-topic, how do you highlight your responses? I can’t do that.

He comin.

Hands raised… P4P king.