Pacman Jones Makes It Rain

[quote]theuofh wrote:
Theres nothing wrong w/ throwing money at strippers. But it is pretty stupid to be walking w/ that much cash, throwing it around so freely as it means nothing to you as you have so much of it, then not expecting a stripper who works solely for that money not be pick it up.

Regardless of whether or not he closed fist assaulted somebody for doing it, something happened where he had to be removed from a club, something I doubt management would do for no reason if he was throwing around that much money. Then don’t miss the point that some guy decided to shoot a bunch of rounds into the strip club after this all happened, hitting 3 and paralyzing 1.

He can do whatever he wants w/ his money while he still has some of it, but people got hurt because some guy w/ a inflated ego and a lot of cash was acting like an asshole. [/quote]

If you watched the video there was probably about 5-6 dudes with over 50 k on them selves personally. I do not really see how carry that much cash with you when you’re going to the strip club is really a big deal. Just because it seems more to you, it’s obviously not to him.

[quote]verdant wrote:
I wish our professional athletes would start acting like, well professionals. Take any other multi-million dollar company, besides a sports team; would any supporting player in such an organization be allowed to do this. A high level manager in, say Apple or google, they’d be fired day of if there was a video of them out like this. I know he’s already been cut from the cowboys, but he needs to be barred from the NFL, the man does not deserve anymore chances until he shows some change. We need higher moral standards for our athletes. Is it that hard to not go to a strip club and get shot at. Just stay at home and employ those strippers for that $100,000. Stay out of trouble please. These athletes, they are the heroes and role models for our youth and country.[/quote]

I guess you do not get the idea of a gentleman’s club. You think you can buy out Atlantic City strippers and the environment for a 100,000 no. You can walk in free if your a whale throw a 100 g’s on the ground.

[quote]Kaizen514 wrote:
krebcycle wrote:
Wow, I cannot believe that someone could be that idiotic, He does not deserve a penny if thats how he treats money.

I agree that the man is a fool, but I’m not sure why you’re concerned with how he “treats money”.

Oddly, you seem to have found it more disturbing than how he treats women. [/quote]

Well seeing as I didn’t comment on how he treats women, Im not sure how you came to this conclusion. And for the record, aside from the lady that got hit, most of the ladies don’t seem to have a problm with how they are being treated, im sure most ladies would be happy to be showered by some fool with that much cash.
I just find it distasteful that someone thinks throwing away 40k is a good thing.

It is an ostentatious show of wealth and is vulgar. Sure its up to him how he spends his money, but that doesn’t mean I should be ambivalent about it. Sure im jealous cos if I had that spare cash I would be doing something a lot wiser with it. Especially when some people barely earn that in a year.

[quote]krebcycle wrote:
Kaizen514 wrote:
krebcycle wrote:
Wow, I cannot believe that someone could be that idiotic, He does not deserve a penny if thats how he treats money.

I agree that the man is a fool, but I’m not sure why you’re concerned with how he “treats money”.

Oddly, you seem to have found it more disturbing than how he treats women.

Well seeing as I didn’t comment on how he treats women, Im not sure how you came to this conclusion. And for the record, aside from the lady that got hit, most of the ladies don’t seem to have a problm with how they are being treated, im sure most ladies would be happy to be showered by some fool with that much cash.
I just find it distasteful that someone thinks throwing away 40k is a good thing. It is an ostentatious show of wealth and is vulgar. Sure its up to him how he spends his money, but that doesn’t mean I should be ambivalent about it. Sure im jealous cos if I had that spare cash I would be doing something a lot wiser with it. Especially when some people barely earn that in a year.[/quote]

Please. There are no doubt homeless people who don’t like how you ostentatiously threw out that last piece of uneaten steak. Their argument would make about as much sense as your own. You aren’t that rich, therefore, you do NOT view money the same as someone who wouldn’t blink an eye at handing off 1,000 bucks to a stripper for absolutely no reason.

Does it bother you equally if you see an MD driving a Porsche? I mean, he could have used his money more wisely, huh?

Bottom line, it isn’t your money. That means you should NOT have any say-so on how it is spent.

Stop Snitching. I’m disappointed in him.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
krebcycle wrote:
Kaizen514 wrote:
krebcycle wrote:

I just find it distasteful that someone thinks throwing away 40k is a good thing. It is an ostentatious show of wealth and is vulgar. Sure its up to him how he spends his money, but that doesn’t mean I should be ambivalent about it. Sure im jealous cos if I had that spare cash I would be doing something a lot wiser with it. Especially when some people barely earn that in a year.

Please. There are no doubt homeless people who don’t like how you ostentatiously threw out that last piece of uneaten steak. Their argument would make about as much sense as your own. You aren’t that rich, therefore, you do NOT view money the same as someone who wouldn’t blink an eye at handing off 1,000 bucks to a stripper for absolutely no reason.

Does it bother you equally if you see an MD driving a Porsche? I mean, he could have used his money more wisely, huh?

Bottom line, it isn’t your money. That means you should NOT have any say-so on how it is spent.[/quote]

Yeah fair point. I don’t think I should have a say in how he spends his money. He earnt it and so he earnt the right to do with it as he pleases, and how a millionire sportsman and I view 40k is a hell of a lot different of course. But that doesnt mean that I can’t find it distasteful and vulgar, and I guess my feelings go more towards the mentality of someone who thinks that “making it rain” is their idea of a good night out. Sure someone whos buys a flash car is not just buying it because it is a great piece of engineering, they are getting it for the perceived status that owning such a thing gives. And Pacman is chucking 40k onto a bunch of strippers not for enjoyment,but as a overt display of wealth/status, and I find that disgusting.

Oh, and I never leave a steak uneaten.

He already is passed his prime as a player. This reminds me of Maurice Clarett’s situation. No that he has flipped he may have other problems…snitches get stiches.

I don’t see him in the NFL again.

[quote]krebcycle wrote:
Professor X wrote:
krebcycle wrote:
Kaizen514 wrote:
krebcycle wrote:

I just find it distasteful that someone thinks throwing away 40k is a good thing. It is an ostentatious show of wealth and is vulgar. Sure its up to him how he spends his money, but that doesn’t mean I should be ambivalent about it. Sure im jealous cos if I had that spare cash I would be doing something a lot wiser with it. Especially when some people barely earn that in a year.

Bottom line, it isn’t your money. That means you should NOT have any say-so on how it is spent.

Yeah fair point. I don’t think I should have a say in how he spends his money. He earnt it and so he earnt the right to do with it as he pleases, and how a millionire sportsman and I view 40k is a hell of a lot different of course. But that doesnt mean that I can’t find it distasteful and vulgar, and I guess my feelings go more towards the mentality of someone who thinks that “making it rain” is their idea of a good night out. Sure someone whos buys a flash car is not just buying it because it is a great piece of engineering, they are getting it for the perceived status that owning such a thing gives. And Pacman is chucking 40k onto a bunch of strippers not for enjoyment,but as a overt display of wealth/status, and I find that disgusting.

Oh, and I never leave a steak uneaten.[/quote]

You may find it disgusting, but that is simply because you are outside of that culture. I wouldn’t do that because I’m not rich. However, the same types of people acting all disgusted by this are often the same types in the strip clubs WISHING they had enough money to carelessly throw it around. I just don’t understand the self righteousness. It’s a night out at a strip club. Every guy in there with some money to spare is tossing it around to the best of their ability. Jermain Dupree and Pacman Jones simply have more cash to play with so it becomes a sport…not much more unheard of than a Vice president going quail shooting and then shooting someone. Do YOU go quail shooting? Would you if you simply COULD? Is that not also a waste of money since I surely doubt any of the people hunting would actually break one nail cooking what they killed themselves?

What do you think goes on in strip clubs? What types of people do you think go to strip clubs?

The issue here is whether he hit a girl, nothing more. Anyone focusing on the strip club or his money probably has their own issues and should probably avoid throwing stones in glass houses.

krebcycle wrote:
Professor X wrote:
krebcycle wrote:
Kaizen514 wrote:
krebcycle wrote:

Oh, and I never leave a steak uneaten.

You may find it disgusting, but that is simply because you are outside of that culture. I wouldn’t do that because I’m not rich. However, the same types of people acting all disgusted by this are often the same types in the strip clubs WISHING they had enough money to carelessly throw it around. I just don’t understand the self righteousness. It’s a night out at a strip club. Every guy in there with some money to spare is tossing it around to the best of their ability. Jermain Dupree and Pacman Jones simply have more cash to play with so it becomes a sport…not much more unheard of than a Vice president going quail shooting and then shooting someone. Do YOU go quail shooting? Would you if you simply COULD? Is that not also a waste of money since I surely doubt any of the people hunting would actually break one nail cooking what they killed themselves?

What do you think goes on in strip clubs? What types of people do you think go to strip clubs?

The issue here is whether he hit a girl, nothing more. Anyone focusing on the strip club or his money probably has their own issues and should probably avoid throwing stones in glass houses.[/quote]

Hearing the white guy saying stuff like “They proceeded in a ritual called “Making it rain”, where they would throw money in the air and watch it drop from the sky” is just fucking stupid.

What else do you expect out of a strip club? You come to a strip club to waste money on making girls dance for you. That’s exactly what happened. Fucking self righteous douchebags. I bet if Brett Favre did it, people would say “He’s having a old fashioned good time. There’s nothing wrong with a strip club or two, huh, guys?”.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Hearing the white guy saying stuff like “They proceeded in a ritual called “Making it rain”, where they would throw money in the air and watch it drop from the sky” is just fucking stupid.

What else do you expect out of a strip club? You come to a strip club to waste money on making girls dance for you. That’s exactly what happened. Fucking self righteous douchebags. I bet if Brett Favre did it, people would say “He’s having a old fashioned good time. There’s nothing wrong with a strip club or two, huh, guys?”.

[/quote]

I am really surprised people still act like this. It’s a strip club. You would think no one goes to strip clubs anymore…which is obviously why their parking lots are literally filled with cars in the weekend…all driven by ghosts.

“Oh dear, he wasted money!!!”

Look, if people are dumb enough to make athletes the epitome of fame and fortune in this country, then whose fault is it when those same people don’t use money like some middle class white collar worker would?

YOU all put them on pedestals. YOU all bought their tickets, watched their games and made an entire culture around their sports that glorified every move they make.

Why is it Pacman’s fault that he has enough money to “make it rain” at a strip club?

Why do people think this bullshit is so bad when there is no doubt tons of shit that doesn’t reach the public domain in the first place?

Strippers have a job…dance, make money and stop talking. Dupree got pissed when they stopped doing their jobs to pick up free money.

Was their action the smartest move? Hell no. You throw that much cash out and people develop a mob mentality. That goes for ANYPLACE on the planet. That doesn’t necessarily make the action wrong.

The issue here isn’t a strip club or his money but some girl getting hit and someone getting shot.

WolBarret wrote:

I am really surprised people still act like this. It’s a strip club. You would think no one goes to strip clubs anymore…which is obviously why their parking lots are literally filled with cars in the weekend…all driven by ghosts.

Look, if people are dumb enough to make athletes the epitome of fame and fortune in this country, then whose fault is it when those same people don’t use money like some middle class white collar worker would?

YOU all put them on pedestals. YOU all bought their tickets, watched their games and made an entire culture around their sports that glorified every move they make.

Why is it Pacman’s fault that he has enough money to “make it rain” at a strip club?

Why do people think this bullshit is so bad when there is no doubt tons of shit that doesn’t reach the public domain in the first place?

Strippers have a job…dance, make money and stop talking. Dupree got pissed when they stopped doing their jobs to pick up free money.

Was their action the smartest move? Hell no. You throw that much cash out and people develop a mob mentality. That goes for ANYPLACE on the planet. That doesn’t necessarily make the action wrong.

The issue here isn’t a strip club or his money but some girl getting hit and someone getting shot.[/quote]

I’m sorry Prof.X. I tried to write an in-depth comment on this Pac Man Jones situation like you would, but I can’t do it. I’m a simple man and I’ll just reply the way I normally.

Broadcasting the video on ESPN does nothing to solve the case or help Pac Man’s image. All this will do will add fuel to the fire and give people more reason to talk shit about him. You’ll have people say “This isn’t a responsible way to act, he shouldn’t do this in public, he shouldn’t throw money like that, he shouldn’t…etc.etc”

Pacman was in a private establishment, he committed no crime on the video, but since he’s not kissing a baby and donating money to an orphanage, he’ll be cast as a devil.

On a side note:

Give me a million plus dollars, I will show up on every T-Nation member’s front porch, make it rain, and then drive off while flipping the bird. Is it mature? Hell no. But as a 23 year old man with a bunch of money, maturity isn’t my department.

If he hit the girl then thats wrong and he deserves punishment. Certainly doesn’t show that on the video

Anyone bitching about wasting money is just jealous, its all relative.

I’ve been in private jets to Vegas which i thought were excessive, others think flying first class is excessive, others think just flying rather than driving is excessive.

He can do whatever the fuck he likes so long as he’s not committing any crimes

i would love to go to a strip club with Prof X

WolBarret wrote:

The issue here isn’t a strip club or his money but some girl getting hit and someone getting shot.[/quote]

Word. That’s what I have been thinking about Jones, I have yet to see video of anyone getting hit. So, what exactly should he be getting in trouble for? I think the person you were discussing the issue with above is a woman, because surely a man understands a little about a strip club. I do not care if it’s a dollar or if there is hundreds of dollars on the ground. If she just stops dancing in the middle of the song, she is not doing her job and I would get pissed, too. Just like my work and anyone’s work, if someone cuts me a check before all the papers are signed, then I just cash the check and start counting the money before it is all done. Someone is likely to be upset with me, and I would expect more than a few closed fist punches to my face, too.

I do not think Pacman should have been kicked off the Cowboys, just like I do not think Vick should have been sent to jail for killing dogs. The idea that we have cops going free after beating and killing people, yet we throw a grown man, that does something in his private life that affects no one, in jail for almost two years and almost screw up his career.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:

[/quote]

We could get a G5 for the weekend and hit up Scores, then fly down the East Coast and hit up Atlantic City. We’ll head over to Houston to the Rhino and then up to Las Vegas for some shows and strip clubs.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

We could get a G5 for the weekend and hit up Scores, then fly down the East Coast and hit up Atlantic City. We’ll head over to Houston to the Rhino and then up to Las Vegas for some shows
and strip clubs.[/quote]

sounds good, just spot me the money now though for the G5 and i’ll get you back, promise

[quote]comus3 wrote:
Stop Snitching. I’m disappointed in him.[/quote]

You sir, are an idiot.

BTW, I wouldn’t have given any of those strippers a penny. Bunch of fat-ass hood rats.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
I do not think Pacman should have been kicked off the Cowboys, just like I do not think Vick should have been sent to jail for killing dogs. The idea that we have cops going free after beating and killing people, yet we throw a grown man, that does something in his private life that affects no one, in jail for almost two years and almost screw up his career.[/quote]

Interesting.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Brother Chris wrote:
I do not think Pacman should have been kicked off the Cowboys, just like I do not think Vick should have been sent to jail for killing dogs. The idea that we have cops going free after beating and killing people, yet we throw a grown man, that does something in his private life that affects no one, in jail for almost two years and almost screw up his career.

Interesting.
[/quote]

Yeah, I do not want to be going reverse racism and stuff on ya’ll because everyone knows I am bigot, jk. But either Michael Vick has some serious suck ass luck, that not even 6 months before a couple of cops killed some black guy, were given suspension with pay. And he gets what 20 something months in prison for some dogs. That is just not right. Now, I do have a problem with criminal behavior from all people, but let’s be fair. And since when has dogs > humans.

Edit: By the way, the way MV killed the dogs was, yes, inhumane. It was a completely idiotic move on his part. I just think people have some mixed up punishments they are handing out.

This is so stupid it is funny.

Now who takes the ‘‘make it rain’’, sports car, jewelry and strippers kind of stuff seriously? If you do you are so clueless it becomes funny. Who really enjoy going to strip club ?