Packing on Some Muscle (Supp Advice)

Hey guys, I have given myself a goal of packing on at least 5 pounds of solid muscle in the next 15 weeks. I am a small guy, (170lbs 6’0) but have been hitting the gym hard for almost two years now, and not seeing the size results that I know I can achieve. I have gained considerable strength, but size is an issue for me.

I am not looking to be a tank, but a solid 180-185 is my ultimate goal. I am planning on purchasing supplements for gaining, but as I am pretty new to the personal training industry, I am not that bright when it comes to supplements. I have been doing the protein shake thing, but am willing to drop some cash if there are a couple you guys can recommend for me.

P.S - I am not one of those idiot kids who only works on his pecs and biceps everyday either. I have a strict leg day, strict chest and back day, followed by a shoulder, bi-tri, core day.

This site has taught me more about lifting than I can take in, but its the supplement industry that is taking me a while to get. So many companies out there just want to sell their product, that they will write anything. Then I will read studies (not done by their companies) that completely deny their claim.

I just need some help!!

Thanks!
Bryan.

I think “Im_New_Feed_Me” says it all. You need to eat more. All the supplements in the world won’t help you if you’re not eating enough to grow. It’s great that the site has taught you about lifting but apparently you’ve overlooked nutrition.

to the nright of your screen is the Biotest store???supps galore!

In the bigger picture supplements don’t make THAT much of a difference.

If you want to learn about them, start reading lots of unbiased articles on different compounds - other than that it’s the food that will make you grow.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
In the bigger picture supplements don’t make THAT much of a difference.

If you want to learn about them, start reading lots of unbiased articles on different compounds - other than that it’s the food that will make you grow.[/quote]

x2

he’s 101% right.

there are a ton of articles on here about “core supplements” and that doesn’t mean supp’s that’ll get you a nice 6 pack. these are just basic ones that are good for overall health and muscle retention.

Food works best. Well, besides gear.

Twenty Rep Milk to Mouth Routine by anthropocentric

Liquid, white, texture and silk
Protein, creme, its my whole milk.
Calories. Calories, easy and fast
Growing thighs is quite the blast.

Out of history came a plan
Six weeks set and I’m the man!
Growing pain, 20 Rep Squats
But muscle gain, got the hots.

T-Men, Take Your 10 Rep Max
Then Do 20 and pay the tax.
All the way to the limit,
your muscles have been stressed.
Chug milk for a minute,
and now your quads have been blessed.

Simple statement resonates true,
Among each and every single ‘moo.’
You Shall Drink, MILK, BRO!
Then grow, Grow, and GROW.

only 5 lbs in 15 weeks? good luck with that

I have started drinking 16 ounces of whole milk with 2 scoops of protein (as recommended by someone on this site) twice a day, 3/4 of a frozen pizza after a post workout shake. This has worked better than any supplement I have encountered.

75% of a frozen pizza for a PWO meal? Wow.

You’re gonna get JACKED.

sorry man; but that’s just bad advice.

I had pizza and a 80g protein shake for dinner after my workout last night…no time to go shopping so sue me.

The best feeling in the world for me is 2 days after a back workout and one day after chest - I’m stiff all over.

[quote]B rocK wrote:

You’re gonna get JACKED.

sorry man; but that’s just bad advice.[/quote]

Bad advice huh?

The guy is 6’1" and 170. You think a ton of calories coming from wheat flour, low-fat cheese, and hamburger after he lifts is going to hurt him?

Maybe you are right though. After all, I am sure he doesn’t want to get too big.

[quote]ajweins wrote:
Maybe you are right though. After all, I am sure he doesn’t want to get too big.[/quote]

LOL…that’s the problem, he is “not looking to be a tank”.

Fuck that shit, I want to be a tank on steroids.

[quote]ajweins wrote:
B rocK wrote:

You’re gonna get JACKED.

Bad advice huh?

The guy is 6’1" and 170. You think a ton of calories coming from wheat flour, low-fat cheese, and hamburger after he lifts is going to hurt him?

Maybe you are right though. After all, I am sure he doesn’t want to get too big.[/quote]

wtf does hamburger have to do with pizza

Also, if you’re already eating shit, why the fuck are you eating LOW FAT cheese.

[quote]zraw wrote:
Also, if you’re already eating shit, why the fuck are you eating LOW FAT cheese.[/quote]

Mozzarella cheese is almost always (if not always) low fat. Mozzarella cheese is on pizza.

2+2=4.

[quote]zraw wrote:
ajweins wrote:
B rocK wrote:

You’re gonna get JACKED.

Bad advice huh?

Maybe you are right though. After all, I am sure he doesn’t want to get too big.

wtf does hamburger have to do with pizza[/quote]

Just lifting the top 3 ingredients off the label. Also, if the guy already is that lean and light, he probably can afford to eat some more calorie dense foods.

I just dont think pizza is the best pwo meal you can get… no matter how skinny you are

[quote]zraw wrote:
I just dont think pizza is the best pwo meal you can get… no matter how skinny you are[/quote]

Truth. Although if that’s what it takes to get him eating, then so be it.

I like some Berardi style chili for a big post-workout meal. Some good nutrients, tons of protein, and tastes great.

This is all after my post-workout shake, however.

Sorry for my apparent high jacking of the thread. I did not intend for this to be a debate on eating “dirty” foods to get big. I was simply trying to say that massive calories would work better than supplements for this individual’s case in my opinion. So if any of you pizza haters:) got any great supps for him, go ahead and list them

[quote]oneforship wrote:
zraw wrote:
Also, if you’re already eating shit, why the fuck are you eating LOW FAT cheese.

Mozzarella cheese is almost always (if not always) low fat. Mozzarella cheese is on pizza.

2+2=4.[/quote]

Mozzarella
pour " Mozzarella "
Apports nutritionnels pour 100 g

Valeur énergétique : 332 kcal

Protéines : 22 g

Lipides : 26 g

Glucides : 2.5 g

On another site

112g = 25g fat, 25g prot, 2g carb.