T Nation

Packing Food For Work

I can wake up and eat a good breakfast but I have a 9-5 work schedule. So I was wondering if anyone else is in the same position I’m in, what do you pack for food at work? (besides lunch)

Do you have a tub of protein powder sitting in the office? :wink:

Starkist flavored tuna in foil envelopes and multi-grain Wheat-thins. That and Metabolic Drive of course.

i bring a cooler. a little one. but with 2-3 chicken breasts, some burgers homemade and fruit/veggies.

Depends on your goals of course but i have a tub of medabolic drive, pouches of tuna in oil, whole weat bagels, natual pb, huge can of mised nuts, and usually some kind of chicken or turkey to make sandwiches. good luck

I eat the same stuff at work that I do at home. Learn to start cooking in bulk so that you have meals for a couple of days. A slow cooker is a good investment as well.

Learn to bring a cooler with you all the time.

I plan my meals for an entire week and put everything into containers. If you have access to a microwave you can just reheat your food, if not, you have to plan for cold meals.

[quote]kazuma wrote:
I can wake up and eat a good breakfast but I have a 9-5 work schedule. So I was wondering if anyone else is in the same position I’m in, what do you pack for food at work? (besides lunch)
[/quote]

Hardboiled egg and apples have become 2 of my main snacks. Anything else in the fridge that looks good might also come along.

[quote]

Do you have a tub of protein powder sitting in the office? ;)[/quote]

I have 2 and a shaker cup under the desk.

[quote]barbiegirl wrote:
Learn to bring a cooler with you all the time.

I plan my meals for an entire week and put everything into containers. If you have access to a microwave you can just reheat your food, if not, you have to plan for cold meals.

[/quote]

Same thing and it’s an unbelievable pain in the ass but it’s worth it.

I work at a gym for 8 hours at a time too so I do my cooking the night before. I cook up two cube steaks, three red skinned potatoes, a tuna sandwich on wheat, and I always have “emergency” packs of Elite Oats or a protein bar in my cooler as well. Bringing this much to work allows me to eat every 2 hours. Goodluck.

Eric

Just thought I’d post this before someone else does…

It answers a lot of your questions.

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=06-180-diet

I like to cook up a big batch of chili (ground beef, crushed tomatoes, green peppers, onion, garlic, zucchini, red or black beans, and seasoning) and take some to work/school. It usually lasts the whole work week.

Also, plain yogurt or kefir with a scoop or two of protein powder and natty pb makes a good snack. I also like to stir in some flax oil.

Or fill up a tupperware container with spinach and greens, throw in some carrots, broccoli, etc and a slab of your favorite seared animal flesh. Bring your dressing in a separate container so it doesn’t become a soggy mess. Maybe sprinkle on some feta or blue cheese.

And don’t forget the staples: walnuts, almonds, dried fruit, beef jerky.

There’s no excuse for going hungry at work, it just takes a little planning and elbow grease.

Good luck.