Pac vs May, it's comin'

May has agreed to fight Pac at 147 on either March 13th or May 1st. It’s all up to Pac to agree.

I’m a huge Pac fan, and have been following Mayweather’s career since his 1st fight. As much as I don’t want to, I predict May by decision. I just can’t deny Mays ability to dictate a fight.

March seems kind of soon for Pac. He fought just over 2 weeks ago and I’m sure his training camp would start around January. Not sure if 2 months is enough time to heal up from the Cotto fight. Either way, I can’t wait.

if the fight is held at cowbow stadium… IM FUCKING GOING!!!

There’s onllly oneeeee Mayweather…

[quote]nomorewar wrote:

[/quote]

Any real reason to think that this would happen?

[quote]JGerman wrote:
nomorewar wrote:

Any real reason to think that this would happen?[/quote]

No

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
JGerman wrote:
nomorewar wrote:

Any real reason to think that this would happen?

No[/quote]
http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=ArpAfiXwew1jqozVVgLbk4E5nYcB?slug=ap-pacquiao-mayweather&prov=ap&type=lgns
Maybe, according to this article at least, but my money would be on it happening in Vegas. The article also mentions that the March 13 date was selected because Manny will be running for congress in the Philippines in May. So it is either March 13 or wait until September.

Cowboys stadium would be amazing what’s the capacity of that place.

[quote]drewh wrote:
Cowboys stadium would be amazing what’s the capacity of that place.[/quote]

It’s 80,000, but expandable to 100,000+. You can just the fight on that videoboard they have.

I don’t think Las Vegas will let this fight slip out of their hands though.

Typical Mayweather…Wanting to fight Manny just 4 months after he fought Cotto. Whens the last time we saw Mayweather fight 4 months after a tough match? gimme a break the guys looking for a way out like when he challenged Mosley immediately after Mosley had 2 tough fights that year and now hes crying about Mosley “Ducking Him”. he’ll try to do the same to Pac but talk all he wants, theyre gonna fight eventually and May will lose.

[quote]Rampage19 wrote:
Typical Mayweather…Wanting to fight Manny just 4 months after he fought Cotto. Whens the last time we saw Mayweather fight 4 months after a tough match? gimme a break the guys looking for a way out like when he challenged Mosley immediately after Mosley had 2 tough fights that year and now hes crying about Mosley “Ducking Him”. he’ll try to do the same to Pac but talk all he wants, theyre gonna fight eventually and May will lose.[/quote]

Do some research and u would find out its Bob Arum who wants it in March. Since Manny is running for the phillipine congress or some shit, in May, Hes afraid to lose Mayweather if the fight gets pushed to septemtber. Mayweather said March or May, but if it goes to Sept. he might aswell fight Mosley first.

[quote]Rampage19 wrote:
Typical Mayweather…Wanting to fight Manny just 4 months after he fought Cotto. Whens the last time we saw Mayweather fight 4 months after a tough match? gimme a break the guys looking for a way out like when he challenged Mosley immediately after Mosley had 2 tough fights that year and now hes crying about Mosley “Ducking Him”. he’ll try to do the same to Pac but talk all he wants, theyre gonna fight eventually and May will lose.[/quote]

in the olded days, boxers used to have more than 1 fight a month… so I don’t think it affects boxers the way it is portrayed. This maybe an exception because pac has a broken eardrum, that may need alot more than 3 months to heal.

… Breaking news!!! i was gonna go to wikipedia to see how pac has done on short rest when i stumble upon this…

http://www.ringsidereport.com/rsr/news.php?readmore=2423

Oh FUCK ITS ON!

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

[quote]Rampage19 wrote:

Do some research and u would find out its Bob Arum who wants it in March. Since Manny is running for the phillipine congress or some shit, in May, Hes afraid to lose Mayweather if the fight gets pushed to septemtber. Mayweather said March or May, but if it goes to Sept. he might aswell fight Mosley first.[/quote]

Ok, Maybe i was wrong but would it be a suprise to anyone if Mayweather told those dates to arum? ir began his demands already?

[quote]Rampage19 wrote:

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

[quote]Rampage19 wrote:

Do some research and u would find out its Bob Arum who wants it in March. Since Manny is running for the phillipine congress or some shit, in May, Hes afraid to lose Mayweather if the fight gets pushed to septemtber. Mayweather said March or May, but if it goes to Sept. he might aswell fight Mosley first.[/quote]

Ok, Maybe i was wrong but would it be a suprise to anyone if Mayweather told those dates to arum? ir began his demands already?
[/quote]

Roach and co. said they wanted the fight in early 2010.

March is early. Go look on Eastside boxing… Mayweather has actually been very, very amicable to signing this- it’s Pac who isn’t.

Not a good sign for Pac… because that, to me, means he and Roger can’t wait to get this fight in.

For some reason James Carville is involved in this and pushing for the fight to be in New Orleans.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/chris_mannix/12/04/venue.pacquiao-mayweather/index.html

Any bets on what the payday’s going to be for either fighter?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]Rampage19 wrote:

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

[quote]Rampage19 wrote:

[/quote]

Roach and co. said they wanted the fight in early 2010.

March is early. Go look on Eastside boxing… Mayweather has actually been very, very amicable to signing this- it’s Pac who isn’t.

Not a good sign for Pac… because that, to me, means he and Roger can’t wait to get this fight in. [/quote]

Or Mayweather needs that 40+MILLION they’re going to make, immediately! lol

I’ve never rooted against Floyd until now, so I’m hoping that Floyd is underestimating Pac. But Floyd won’t and he’ll be ready, it’s gonna be a great fight.

Can’t wait for this fight, first time I have said that about a boxing match in a long time, maybe since Klitschko and Lennox. I will actually pay for this, not just go watch it somewhere. Payday will be astronomical for both fighters, they both deserve whatever pay they get. I would think after this fight neither has anything left to prove, maybe Floyd fighting Shane.

[quote]snipeout wrote:
Can’t wait for this fight, first time I have said that about a boxing match in a long time, maybe since Klitschko and Lennox. I will actually pay for this, not just go watch it somewhere. Payday will be astronomical for both fighters, they both deserve whatever pay they get. I would think after this fight neither has anything left to prove, maybe Floyd fighting Shane.[/quote]

Pac has to fight Marquez again. Roach will want it at 140 where Pac will KO him because Marquez doesn’t go up in weight well. But at 130ish Marquez still has his speed and power so it can go to decision again.

Let’s hope the judges for this bout are not the ones from last night’s Williams- Martinez fight. That cat Pierre should be dragged out back and shot for his 119-110 call.

fuckin boxing…