P90X - The New Crossfit

its GREAT

if you want to look like a soccer player maybe

but really, i think everything has been said about this that can be said which is…

if you don’t want to be big yada yada general population blah blah

[quote]MikeyKBiatch wrote:
CCCP wrote:
I just started P90x 3 weeks ago. I do it at the gym actually, I have videos on my ipod, but I only listen to them to keep up with pace and to have Tony yell in my ear to push for that extra rep. It’s like a free personal trainer. The program is structured so I feel bad for missing a day. Basically, it works for me so far because it gets me to the gym and won’t let me slack off. My concern is…well what’s next? What am I going to do after 90 days?

Crossfit ;)[/quote]

WIN!

-chris

[quote]Avocado wrote:
MikeyKBiatch wrote:
CCCP wrote:
I just started P90x 3 weeks ago. I do it at the gym actually, I have videos on my ipod, but I only listen to them to keep up with pace and to have Tony yell in my ear to push for that extra rep. It’s like a free personal trainer. The program is structured so I feel bad for missing a day. Basically, it works for me so far because it gets me to the gym and won’t let me slack off. My concern is…well what’s next? What am I going to do after 90 days?

Crossfit :wink:

WIN!

-chris[/quote]

I would live off avocados if I could.
And Jedi-Stitch is pretty freaking cool.

You, sir, are full of win.

/hijack

I hate the tony horton guy for making so much money off of what we here on this site know as common sense. I mean c’mon “muscle confusion” makes it so mysterious, oooooooooooo

Why does it say ‘YIKES I love penis’ at the end? I read that first (you know how your eyes get drawn to that… right?) and was expecting a good joke, but after reading the rest of the comments I was just confused :slight_smile:

[quote]prospa7 wrote:
I hate the tony horton guy for making so much money off of what we here on this site know as common sense. I mean c’mon “muscle confusion” makes it so mysterious, oooooooooooo[/quote]

We should all ban together to create the T-Nation fitness program aka “I don’t want to learn shit, here’s my money make me skinny program” get people all crazy over it and get rich.

1. create fitness program
  2. PROFIT!!!

Hm, I don’t think we’ve ever talked about this before.

[quote]dday wrote:
prospa7 wrote:
I hate the tony horton guy for making so much money off of what we here on this site know as common sense. I mean c’mon “muscle confusion” makes it so mysterious, oooooooooooo

We should all ban together to create the T-Nation fitness program aka “I don’t want to learn shit, here’s my money make me skinny program” get people all crazy over it and get rich.

1. create fitness program
  2. PROFIT!!![/quote]

haha … Underpants Gnomes business model!!

Coincidentally I think Obama studied at the Underpants Gnomes School of Public Policy :frowning:

I am having a hard time taking the conversations seriously as I keep thinking about how it just randomly says “YIKES! I like penis” as the last post on the image. I am sitting here laughing my head off while trying to read the other posts and I can’t help but think how only two or maybe three other people have mentioned this very same thing. It’s fucking hilarious! Just the random ass quote having nothing to do with the guys post about P90X on some forum. Is not everyone laughing at how absurd that is?

I’m pretty sure that was on facebook…

I also know a couple people that have done the program… they got pretty good results…

Isn’t the host of that P90X crap a flaming homo?

I did P90X and got fucking SWOOOOOOLEEEEE! emphasis on SWOOOOOOOLLLLLLLEEEEE.

well, i see that this thread has gotten less than serious lately, but in reality, that program is pretty good for a lot of people. it incorporates a lot of pullups, pushups, and different exercises like that, along with DB’s.

it is done at a fast pace, so pretty mcuh all of the workouts create a elevated heart rate. i throw it in a couple times a week in my current routine, in between jujitsu or kickboxing days.

is it gonna make you bench 500 if you can’t do a pushup? no. is it gonna take you from doing 2 pullups to doing 20? probably. if you want to maintain, or slightly increase strength and increase your endurance and cardio quite a bit, then it’s worth a look. if not, keep doing what you’re doing.

i think the reason why many chose this over Crossfit is simply the homegym aspect. Crossfit is most likey quite a bit more challenging, but some people are too busy, self-concious about the gym, or just bored with the gym (as i was when i got this). the program also makes it very clear in the marketing that you need to exercises hard and consistentley and watch your diet in order to obtain results, so i don’t think there’s sanything misleading about it. they don’t make claims for getting people jacked-just more fit.

but hey, this is just my opinion…