P220 Sig- Anyone Have One?

[quote]tom63 wrote:
dday wrote:
Sig P220 is on my short list along with a Kimber. The only problem I have the Sig is the size, they’re too wide for me to carry comfortably which puts it at the back of the short list. They fit my had great (6’2" 220lbs) just the width of the frame makes it hard to hide and my stance is if I can’t carry it I can’t have it.(for now)

Again stay away from Kimbers. not just because of my bad experience. I know a few high end gun type of guys that hate them because of mechanical issues.

Kevin McClung of Mad Dog knives fame is one. He was an ex rocket scientist that got into knife making. He’s one hell of a gunsmith and basically a genius. He hates them.

Nighthawk is another to avoid like the plague. A guy at tactical Forums paid 3000$ for a gun that basically did not work at all. [/quote]

I’ve heard that about Kimbers, they’re just so darn pretty. I don’t see myself getting one anyway $1200+ is a bit much.

I haven’t shot a Sig, but have shot several models of glocks, smith and wessons semi-autos, springfield 1911’s, springfield xd’s, and an H&K. I own an XD in .45 acp and would not trade it for any of the other pistols i’ve shot, except maybe one of the pimped out 1911’s that had Trijicon sights and had been meticulously cleaned after every clip for the first 500 rounds. XD’s are heavier than a Glock and are, from my experience, pretty damn accurate. Their reputation from gun magazines speaks for itself.