T Nation

P+F and P+C

So what order are these meant to be eaten? Is this the correct way for a workout day

Meal 1- P+C
2 P+F
3 P+F
4 P+C
5 P+C
6 P+F

That’ll do, yes.

all depends on your goals and training schedule.

Try to get your P+C in the morning and pre/post workout.

On non-training days, my food intake looks like this:

1. P+C
  2. P+C
  3. P+C
  4. P+F
  5. P+F
  6. P+F

On training days, my food intake looks like this:

1. P+C
  2. P+F
  3. P+F
  4. P+C
    Workout
  5. P+C
  6. P+F

[quote]MsM wrote:

1. P+C
  2. P+F
  3. P+F
  4. P+C
    Workout
  5. P+C
  6. P+F[/quote]

This is what I thought the OP was implying.

[quote]rsg wrote:
MsM wrote:

1. P+C
  2. P+F
  3. P+F
  4. P+C
    Workout
  5. P+C
  6. P+F

This is what I thought the OP was implying.[/quote]

Oh, me too, rsg. Just wanted to make sure that his workout was between 4+5. Also, that it’s better to get those carbs in earlier if it’s a day off. I knew what you meant;)

Maybe I’m just too dense to understand this concept, but when I look at all the equations needed to figure out caloric intake and macros, I get anywhere from 140-160 g of fat (if I recall). Spread out over 3 meals, that’s almost 50g of fat PER MEAL. That would kill my stomach.

Obviously, I’m missing something here.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Maybe I’m just too dense to understand this concept, but when I look at all the equations needed to figure out caloric intake and macros, I get anywhere from 140-160 g of fat (if I recall). Spread out over 3 meals, that’s almost 50g of fat PER MEAL. That would kill my stomach.

Obviously, I’m missing something here.[/quote]

Edit:
You don’t strictly have 6 meals, you could add another 2 which would balance the fat out, and my P+C meals often have a few grams of fat anyway.

I personally used to focus on these separations a lot more a few years ago, but now I just make sure to have over 50g protein with every meal and not to mix too many carbs with too many fats (this makes for wiser food choices).

I think that making up and following a diet to the gram (P, F & C) will put you under the impression it’s perfect - which no diet is, and could lead to subpar results when trying to add muscle.

However, when cutting down, I think it’s a good idea.

I couldn’t agree with you more, rsg. This is the approach that I use myself now. As long as I’m getting enough protein, I don’t lose any sleep over the other stuff. Mind you , I am not cutting or wanting to lose weight either.

To the OP:

Try reading this thread: http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=456742&pageNo=0 Tampa Terry used to give a ton of nutritional advice here. Haven’t seen her in a while but this thread has a huge amount of info in it. You could also try searching by her name.

Two more people that I think are worth reading are Berardi and Justin Harris. Those are some of my personal favorites.

So, check out that thread. There are calculations in there for you, should you choose to be that specific regarding your diet.

[quote]MsM wrote:
I couldn’t agree with you more, rsg. This is the approach that I use myself now. As long as I’m getting enough protein, I don’t lose any sleep over the other stuff. Mind you , I am not cutting or wanting to lose weight either.

To the OP:

Try reading this thread: http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=456742&pageNo=0 Tampa Terry used to give a ton of nutritional advice here. Haven’t seen her in a while but this thread has a huge amount of info in it. You could also try searching by her name.

Two more people that I think are worth reading are Berardi and Justin Harris. Those are some of my personal favorites.

So, check out that thread. There are calculations in there for you, should you choose to be that specific regarding your diet.[/quote]

Someone needs to invite that girl back here, she is a mountain of good info.

[quote]rsg wrote:
Someone needs to invite that girl back here, she is a mountain of good info.[/quote]

No kidding but the last time she logged in was October of last year so I would assume the odds of that happening are slim to nil. At least we are fortunate enough to have what she did post in past.