P+C, P+F Clarification

I’ve been doing alot of reading and these are my notes:

P + C - will also create a high insulin response. The difference is that protein will be absorbed instead of a lot of fat, so this is good. This combo needs to be the first 3 meals in the day so the insulin levels are spikes instead of being consistently high all day. The #1 time for this high insulin wave is right after the workout.

P + F ?? healthy fats are essential. This helps burn fat. The lack of insulin (which comes from P + C) allows the body to go into lipolysis (fat burning mode). This should be a meal 2 hours before training to provide the calories needed.

My question is where is the protein going during the P+F meals since the insulin levels are low? Low insulin, less muscle intake right? Also, if you are wanting insulin spikes while consuming protein, why should i stick with low GI carbs in my P+C meals?

To me that would mean that the insulin wave wouldn’t be as great so not as much protein would enter the muscle. Am I missing something? Dont get me wrong, I’m am NOT saying i should eat high GI carbs all day because that would make me insulin resistant. I am stricly referring to the P+C meals.

I think that the problem area is the concept of wanting an insulin spike all the time. Generally, except right after a workout, you won’t need this.

After a workout the idea is to kick start anabolic activity by means of the insulin spike.

So, the carbohydrates are consumed when the body is most likely to shuttle them into the muscles, which is in the morning or after a workout.

protein does cause insulin release, since obviously you need insulin to absorb protein

however, if this was the only thing that happened, your blood sugar levels would get pretty low. think about it:

eat meat = insulin release
insulin = protein absorption
insulin also = sugar absorption!

and since you didn’t eat any carbs, your blood sugar level would get too low

so your body releases glucagon. glucagon breaks down glycogen and releases glucose into the blood to stabilize blood sugar levels.