Oxandrolone (Anavar) Roundtable

I’ve been a lurker on this site for years and finally decided to post. I’ve read all the past threads on Anavar and was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their experiences with Anavar, especially but not limited to those of you who have ran Anavar only cycles. Any input would be much appreciated.

-Chub

PS Just to clarify I am NOT asking for sources, just an intelligent discussion, experiences etc.

Would anyone like to comment on strength/anaerobic endurance gains attributed to Anavar?

Are there any athletes involved in combat sports here that have had great success with Anavar?

Do any of you who have run Anavar with Test feel that its effect on strength was ‘covered up’ by the Test?

I have ran Anavar oral only cycle for my very first cycle. I did 40mg a day for 6 weeks. It gave very good strength gains, but I didn’t do PCT so I lost a bit when I came off. It is good but expensive, not a lot of size gain but def good strength gains.

Hey Cron, thanks for the response. (Nice Avatar by the way) I have a few questions regarding your cycle:

Did you split the 40mg into multiple doses a day or did you take it all at once in the morning?

For your strength gains, which compound multi joint exercises did you experience strength gains on, and how much did they increase? I’m particularly interested in the deadlift and any kind of overhead press.

How was fat loss during this cycle? Did you experience the fabled abdominal spot reduction fat loss many claim from Anavar?

Did you feel any lethargy at anytime during the 6 weeks?

How much strength did you lose after the cycle and how quickly?

In hindsight, what would you have done for PCT?

Thanks for your time.

-Chub

Does anyone here do any work with heavy duty hand grippers? (Captains of Crush, Heavy Grips etc)

If so, were any of you able to close a gripper your previously could not while ‘on’ Anavar? Or at least get more reps out of the most difficult gripper you could currently close?

[quote]ReturnOfTheChub7 wrote:
Does anyone here do any work with heavy duty hand grippers? (Captains of Crush, Heavy Grips etc)

If so, were any of you able to close a gripper your previously could not while ‘on’ Anavar? Or at least get more reps out of the most difficult gripper you could currently close?

[/quote]

Well, on a similar note, I was able to deliver 50% more jackoffs per day on 40mg/day. My grip was extremely impressive even with both hands, and when grip was inverted too. Amazing, I feel like I could crush captains of crush or any other heavy grips after utilizing my tool to such impressive results.

Good luck with your grip DUDE.

Thanks for the tip. Good luck staying in the zone.

can’t comment directly on Anavar as I have never gotten legit product - I understand it is one of the most counterfeited steroids, and that has certainly been true in my experience.

I have been looking for some for my wife, but I wouldn’t fuck with it myself. Can do a lot better with plain old test (not to mention guaranteed product and much cheaper

Just my two cents worth,

Good Luck.

Thanks for the informative reply Testolius.

Which particular manufacturer brands (example: British Dragon, Development Labs etc) in your experience proved to be counterfeits?

In your particular case were the counterfeits simply something benign like corn starch or sugar pills etc? Or were they a cheaper oral steroid trying to be passed off as Anavar?

On a side note, before InTheZone took down his member blog, he mentioned he was personally using low doses of Anavar(40mg/day I believe) and HGH (2 IU/day) as a way to speed up his recovery process from surgery involving his clavicle.

Definitely an interesting rationale for using Anavar in conjunction with HGH.

Let us know how that’s working out for you if you wish.

-Chub

Very good strength gains for me…no body weight to speak of really at all…kept all gains.

[quote]ReturnOfTheChub7 wrote:
On a side note, before InTheZone took down his member blog, he mentioned he was personally using low doses of Anavar(40mg/day I believe) and HGH (2 IU/day) as a way to speed up his recovery process from surgery involving his clavicle.

Definitely an interesting rationale for using Anavar in conjunction with HGH.

Let us know how that’s working out for you if you wish.

-Chub [/quote]

Yo Chubness, sorry bubba I couldn’t resist, in regards to my earlier post. However I will chime in on a more serious note now…

You’re right, I did use the aforementioned protocol, and it worked fantasticly for me. The dose on the var was 30mg/day though. A few times I ran an extra 10 iu gh through the weekends, and tossed back a second helping of the var here and there too. These were times when I felt I needed an extra boost due to stubborn “zones” of recovery that had felt like the tissue was begging for a bit more “help”.

But as that particular surgery is done, and I just recieved a 5 out of 5 rating on my ROM and strength gains etc, I am done for now. Until the next surgery comes up after another fresh MRI on my other shoulder soon.

In short, it was a very decent but conservative dosage of both items, and it was extremely effective in helping my body recover very nicely. I was several weeks ahead of where my progress was “supposed” to be at, from about a week post surgery on out and through the entire 3 months or so of rehab.

There ya go Chub, a much more serious post for you sir, lol.

InTheZone, thanks for your reply and the dosage correction. How long did you run this ‘recovery cycle’ ? Glad to hear it worked well for you.

-Chub

Here is an interesting link to a study done involving Oxandrolone given to healthy young men.

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/84/8/2705

Here is the Abstract:

Short term administration of testosterone stimulates net protein synthesis in healthy men. We investigated whether oxandrolone [Oxandrin (OX)], a synthetic analog of testosterone, would improve net muscle protein synthesis and transport of amino acids across the leg. Six healthy men [22 ± 1 (±SE) yr] were studied in the postabsorptive state before and after 5 days of oral OX (15 mg/day). Muscle protein synthesis and breakdown were determined by a three-compartment model using stable isotopic data obtained from femoral arterio-venous sampling and muscle biopsy. The precursor-product method was used to determine muscle protein fractional synthetic rates. Fractional breakdown rates were also directly calculated. Total messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) concentrations of skeletal muscle insulin-like growth factor I and androgen receptor (AR) were determined using RT-PCR. Model-derived muscle protein synthesis increased from 53.5 ± 3 to 68.3 ± 5 (mean ± SE) nmol/min·100 mL/leg (P < 0.05), whereas protein breakdown was unchanged. Inward transport of amino acids remained unchanged with OX, whereas outward transport decreased (P < 0.05). The fractional synthetic rate increased 44% (P < 0.05) after OX administration, with no change in fractional breakdown rate. Therefore, the net balance between synthesis and breakdown became more positive with both methodologies (P < 0.05) and was not different from zero. Further, RT-PCR showed that OX administration significantly increased mRNA concentrations of skeletal muscle AR without changing insulin-like growth factor I mRNA concentrations. We conclude that short term OX administration stimulated an increase in skeletal muscle protein synthesis and improved intracellular reutilization of amino acids. The mechanism for this stimulation may be related to an OX-induced increase in AR expression in skeletal muscle.

50mg/day for 6 weeks with a 2 week nolva PCT, and I don’t lose any strength at all. That, and the relative lack of side effects, make it my favorite steroid. It is perfect for getting over plateaus, and allowing you to achieve slow, but natural gains off-cycle. Save the stronger AAS for when you are at a size that cannot be increased without them.

Im looking for i cycle to use im 6’4 305 I play college football and Im looking for a cutting cycle consisting of var and clen. im trying to get to 280 and have my body fat down from 21% to 15% maybe lower if possible

any suggestions??? can take any thing crazy due to drug tests

I am new here but i like to share this experience.

I tried Anavar my first time thing and i had the real deal BTG 2.5mgs 60tabs counts. I did 5mg for 30 days straight. I felt the anabolism around 5th day and after that i gained weight like with each meal lol that was great. My strength felt like i can run into a concrete wall or something. Into 3rd week i was 10lbs up and lot stronger. The bad part was i never felt the kick like i do now from D-bol or something. 3rd week sides kicked in Lethargy, anti-euporia? mild shut down etc.

But most brands UGs are fake i can tell from experience.

Here’s an interesting study on Oxandrolone involving elderly men:

Full article:
Treatment with oxandrolone and the durability of effects in older men

http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/96/3/1055

Abstract:

We investigated the effects of the anabolic androgen, oxandrolone, on lean body mass (LBM), muscle size, fat, and maximum voluntary muscle strength, and we determined the durability of effects after treatment was stopped. Thirty-two healthy 60- to 87-yr-old men were randomized to receive 20 mg oxandrolone/day (n = 20) or placebo (n = 12) for 12 wk. Body composition [dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA), magnetic resonance imaging, and 2H2O dilution] and muscle strength [1 repetition maximum (1 RM)] were evaluated at baseline and after 12 wk of treatment; body composition (DEXA) and 1-RM strength were then assessed 12 wk after treatment was discontinued (week 24). At week 12, oxandrolone increased LBM by 3.0 ± 1.5 kg (P < 0.001), total body water by 2.9 ± 3.7 kg (P = 0.002), and proximal thigh muscle area by 12.4 ± 8.4 cm2 (P < 0.001);

these increases were greater (P < 0.003) than in the placebo group. Oxandrolone increased 1-RM strength for leg press by 6.7 ± 6.4% (P < 0.001), leg flexion by 7.0 ± 7.8% (P < 0.001), chest press by 9.3 ± 6.7% (P < 0.001), and latissimus pull-down exercises by 5.1 ± 9.1% (P = 0.02); these increases were greater than placebo. Oxandrolone reduced total (-1.9 ± 1.0 kg) and trunk fat (-1.3 ± 0.6 kg; P < 0.001), and these decreases were greater (P < 0.001) than placebo. Twelve weeks after oxandrolone was discontinued (week 24), the increments in LBM and muscle strength were no longer different from baseline (P > 0.15).

However, the decreases in total and trunk fat were sustained (-1.5 ± 1.8, P = 0.001 and -1.0 ± 1.1 kg, P < 0.001, respectively). Thus oxandrolone induced short-term improvements in LBM, muscle area, and strength, while reducing whole body and trunk adiposity.

Anabolic improvements were lost 12 wk after discontinuing oxandrolone, whereas improvements in fat mass were largely sustained.

[quote]Thomas Gabriel wrote:
50mg/day for 6 weeks with a 2 week nolva PCT, and I don’t lose any strength at all. That, and the relative lack of side effects, make it my favorite steroid.

It is perfect for getting over plateaus, and allowing you to achieve slow, but natural gains off-cycle. Save the stronger AAS for when you are at a size that cannot be increased without them. [/quote]

Thanks for the input Thomas, I’m starting to come to this conclusion myself.

How many times do you run Anavar cycles a year?

-Chub