Ow Sore...

I hit a PR on squat the other day. DOMS set in the next night. Now I’ve been sore for three days, and it was really debillitating yesterday. So this is my question: How sore is too sore? At what point do you KNOW that you way overdid it, and is there anyway to mitigate the damage?

Believe it or not - another workout, a light one, can get some blood into the tissues and speed healing.

[quote]Mad HORSE wrote:
I hit a PR on squat the other day. DOMS set in the next night. Now I’ve been sore for three days, and it was really debillitating yesterday. So this is my question: How sore is too sore? At what point do you KNOW that you way overdid it, and is there anyway to mitigate the damage?[/quote]

There is no such thing as too sore!
The intensity of DOMS involves more variables than what went on in any single workout. You may do a similar session two months from now with a totally different level of soreness.
Low intensity cardio & low body mobility work will help…they will both be uncomfortable in the beginning, but will make a big difference.

What blue collar said is right even just some walking around will help
Also you may not be eating enough I know when I am dieting I feel the pain worse than when I am eating at or over maitenence.