OVT questions/modification

Hey, before I get started, yes, I have searched the forum for OVT, and did not find the information I needed. Here are the questions I have:

1. Can I do this program for 40 days?

2. Can I fit this program into a 5-day cycle? I would do this by doing shoulders on arm day.

3. Can I replace front squats with back squats, and make the superset with back squats-box squats and can I change the B1 exercise to normal deadlifts?

4. Do I keep the same weight for all 5 sets, or use a high weight for the first sets, then drop weight after each preceeding set?

5. Is CAT a good idea to use with this program? I’m only going to use a 3-0-X tempo for the back squat, bench press, deadlift, and incline bench.

6. Can I use fascial stretching with this program? If so, when should I use it, i.e. between sets or what?

The reasoning behind the 40 day split and the 5 day cycles is because I only have enough supplies for 40 days, and if the cycles were shortened to 5 days, I would be able to complete 8 total cycles (my goal for each cycle is to gain 1lb. of mass). I weigh 132lbs., 8% bf or so, 5’5", 15 years/old, 200lb. bench press, 170lb. clean, and 245lb. full squat. My main goals on this program is to add strength (especially to squat and deadlift), while gaining 8lbs. of mass. My diet will be 180g of protein on non training days, and 220 on training days. Around 3000 calories, 300g of carbs. The supplements I will be taking are: Twinlab Creatine Fizz Fuel (Fruit Punch Flavor), Flax seed oil, Zinc-Magnesium (50mg zinc, 500mg magnesium), Optimum Nutrition 100% whey (Vanilla Cream Flavor), Dextrose (40g post workout), Centrum Silver Multivitamin, Vitamin C, Vitamin B-50 complex (Thiamin, Riboflavin, B-12, etc.), and I think that’s mostly it. If you have any tips or suggestions, please let me know. I’m sorry if I provided any excess information, or if I asked too many questions. Any help is greatly appreciated, and have a nice day!

P.S.: Good luck with all of your training :slight_smile:

I always say that OVT is NOT set in stone. You don’t have to use the same exercises, you don’t have to perform 5x each superset (3 will actually work best for most peoples) and you can change the split. The important thing is to understand the basic principle: supersetting one heavy exercise (preferably compound) with a lighter/higher TUT exercise.

So feel free to modify the program as long as you stay within the confines of the basic philosophy of the system.