OVT modifications - take a look & critique?

Here’s the routine, Optimized Volume Training from t-mag (OVT): Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION

Can I take the leg day, and take it OUT, swapping in my own leg routine for power + speed building (not size/hypertrophy). I don’t really care about big bulky legs.

I would do OVT exactly the same, except on leg day I would do:

Squats: 5 x 12, 10, 8, 6, 6
Lunges: 3 x 10-12
Deadlift: 5 x 12, 10, 8, 6, 6
Calf Raises: 3 x 12

Otherwise, I would keep all days the same. In order to fit OVT into my schedule, I would change the order of the days from this…

Day 1: Chest and back
Day 2: Legs and abs
Day 3: Off
Day 4: Biceps and triceps
Day 5: Off
Day 6: Anterior/medial deltoid and rear deltoid
Day 7: Off

to what someone else suggested, which was this…

Day 1: Chest and back
Day 2: Legs and abs
Day 3: Biceps and triceps
Day 4: Off
Day 5: Anterior/medial deltoid and rear deltoid
Day 6: Off
Day 7: Off

That way, it’d fit into a Monday-Friday schedule. Some weeks, I would skip day 7 entirely (basically take one day off between day 5 and day 1). One day difference in rest time wouldn’t make a huge difference, do you think?

Tell me what you think of my modifications, and if it’s a good idea. The biggest change will be the leg day, but I don’t want to lose my explosiveness/speed training. If you guys think my leg routine sucks, I’d be more than happy to take suggestions, as well. I understand deadlifts and squats on the same day will be rough, any other suggestions totally welcome.

Tell me what you think. I’ve finally made up my stupid mind!

Please don’t let this fall to the bottom… tell me what you think of my modifications?

…please?

depsyphor, you might do better to post your question in Christian Tribaudeau’s forum, Lair of the Ice Dog. The guys over there keep him so busy he only rarely makes it over to the Training & Nutrition forum.

Check your post in CT’s forum, I answered your question for you. I don’t want to put you down, but based on your ideas I think you seriously need to do a lot of research on this forum.