OVT For a 16 Year Old?

Do you think it would be good for a 16 year old who’s about 130lbs and 5’8 to do OVT. i play about 5-8 hours of football (soccer) a week. and i want to gain size

[quote]skinnybarstard wrote:
do you think it would be good for a 16 year old who’s about 130lbs and 5’8 to do OVT. i play about 5-8 hours of football (soccer) a week. and i want to gain size[/quote]

Less posting and more lifting. Sure you can gain with activities like soccer, but make sure you feed yourself on breaks.

No, I would not do OVT while you are playing 5-8 hours of soccer a week. Bro, if you want to gain size you need to spend more time eating and lifting and cut your soccer down to about 2-4 hours per week. You will kill yourself if you do OVT while playing that much Soccer. It alsodepends on how much size you want to put on. I don’t see many big soccer players. Give some more details.

It really depends alot, how much did you train in the past (without a break until now)? if you did over 2 years than do it but try not to get to failure. If less do it and adjust the intensity so that you wont get to over-training. And eat alot!

I-M-O!

OK i’ll try and cut down on the soccer. i wanna get to about 150-160lbs. I eat as much as i can- at school i have tuna (2 cans) and mayo in 8 pieces of bread- that enough? i also have a can of tuna along with my weetabix for breakfast, then another can or a couple of eggs before i go to bed. that alright?
btw im nearly finished with total-body training and how many weeks do you think it’ll take me to put on that much mass?

[quote]skinnybarstard wrote:
I eat as much as i can- at school i have tuna (2 cans) and mayo in 8 pieces of bread- that enough? i also have a can of tuna along with my weetabix for breakfast, then another can or a couple of eggs before i go to bed. that alright?
[/quote]

It’s alright if you are gaining weight. If you’re not, then it’s not alright. Don’t forget your fruits and vegetables - they’ll help you grow too.

It takes patience man. Dont take advice for weeks. Keep trying to gain and see your own results.