Overwhelmed With Diet Info

I have been lifting weights on and off for the past two years but I have made no gains due to poor diet and inconsistance but this is where I plan on changing everything. To be honest when i made this decision I was one of those people that thought “oh man if i start takin all these supps and work out heavy I’ll be ripped in 2 months TOPS!” Well thankfully I’m past that mind set so it’s time to really get to work.

I don’t know what the consensus on full body work outs is but I chose the Men’s Heath Poster Series (Men's Health - Fitness, Nutrition, Health, Sex, Style & Weight Loss Tips for Men) starting with phase one and working my way through it to the end. In the description it only says to work out with this program twice a week, would that be too little?

Now please if there is anything better out there than this program please direct me in the right direction, I’m here to take all the criticism you have to dish out. Also if full body work out are not the way to go I’m willing to change over to splitting up muscle groups throughout the week if I’ll get better results. After my work out I plan on a light 10 min run followed by 10 min of stretching because I read it speeds up recovery.

Now to the supplements, from what i have read Surge seems to be the be all end all of post work out shakes so that is the first on my list to purchase. I was looking at NO explode and different types of creatine and cant seem to amke my decision so any insight will be much appreciated. But on the creatine topic is it safe to take creatine and Surge since both are post work out?

The one thing thats screwed me over in the past was my diet and with all teh information going around right now it just seems a little overwhelming sometimes. I read the beginner article and its not that I can’t hold on to a strict diet its just that I cant decide what to eat, how much to eat, what kinds of food to eat, and I don’t even know if I should mention how much of an obsticle body fat calculations and calorie counting seems to me haha.

If it makes any different I’m seventeen years old and I’m not trying to brag or anything but I think I have a nice natural frame, some definitin on my arms, ok back and ok torso and mid secton for my level of fitness so that is just motivation for me to build on that.

Regardless, I’m willing to work hard to attain my goals and its probably too late to get that perfect body for summer but its never too late to start so I’m just here looking for any advice you guys are willing to give me.

#1 BREATH!!!

Do something anything that program you have is fine do it then choose another one here etc.

diet start simple take a look a JB’s seven habit try and nail those eta protein every meal, get your GOOD carbs GOOD fats take manageable steps you dont have to go from nothing to rocket science over night.

Youll get MUCH better results from even doing a shit poor program then you will being paralyzed. by diet and training info DO things takes steps ask ?'s along the way and make LIFESTYLE changes

Phill

[quote]Sub-Zero wrote:
I have been lifting weights on and off for the past two years but I have made no gains due to poor diet and inconsistance but this is where I plan on changing everything. To be honest when i made this decision I was one of those people that thought “oh man if i start takin all these supps and work out heavy I’ll be ripped in 2 months TOPS!” Well thankfully I’m past that mind set so it’s time to really get to work.

I don’t know what the consensus on full body work outs is but I chose the Men’s Heath Poster Series (Men's Health - Fitness, Nutrition, Health, Sex, Style & Weight Loss Tips for Men) starting with phase one and working my way through it to the end. In the description it only says to work out with this program twice a week, would that be too little?

Now please if there is anything better out there than this program please direct me in the right direction, I’m here to take all the criticism you have to dish out. Also if full body work out are not the way to go I’m willing to change over to splitting up muscle groups throughout the week if I’ll get better results. After my work out I plan on a light 10 min run followed by 10 min of stretching because I read it speeds up recovery.

Now to the supplements, from what i have read Surge seems to be the be all end all of post work out shakes so that is the first on my list to purchase. I was looking at NO explode and different types of creatine and cant seem to amke my decision so any insight will be much appreciated. But on the creatine topic is it safe to take creatine and Surge since both are post work out?

The one thing thats screwed me over in the past was my diet and with all teh information going around right now it just seems a little overwhelming sometimes. I read the beginner article and its not that I can’t hold on to a strict diet its just that I cant decide what to eat, how much to eat, what kinds of food to eat, and I don’t even know if I should mention how much of an obsticle body fat calculations and calorie counting seems to me haha.

If it makes any different I’m seventeen years old and I’m not trying to brag or anything but I think I have a nice natural frame, some definitin on my arms, ok back and ok torso and mid secton for my level of fitness so that is just motivation for me to build on that.

Regardless, I’m willing to work hard to attain my goals and its probably too late to get that perfect body for summer but its never too late to start so I’m just here looking for any advice you guys are willing to give me.[/quote]