I try and get my overweight wife to start lifting. she also have a really bad shoulder. a lot of body weight exercises are thus ruled out as she is too heavy for her bad shoulder. she also wants to feel like she accomplished something at the end of the training. she has also no understanding for the importance of form and no patience for practicing form. she is actually mostly interested in burning fat, whereas i however want her to build strength and muscle. i thought of the following workout to get her to think she is torching fat while at the same time sneaking in some strength and hypertrophy without too much form to master:
- 6 reps of dumb bell or kettle bell 1-leg dead lift
- 12 reps of back step lunges per side
- 6 reps of dumb bell or kettle bell dead lift
- 6 reps goblet or body weight squat
- 6 reps of split squats per side
- 20 sec plank or pushup position (will see what her shoulder allows for here)
- 20 reps of dumb bell curls
- 20 reps of dumb bell shoulder presses (again, shoulder issue)
- 20 reps of lateral raises (can’t believe this one is torching fat, but it might be good for her shoulder)
- 20 crunches (or maybe start with the crunches?)
very little rest between the items above, about 90 sec of rest after sequence is completed and then go again until a feeling of accomplishment is obtained.
so guys, what do you think? is this pure crap or can it be improved with small tweaks?