Overtraining on Doggcrapp?

[quote]wirewound wrote:

I thought a blast was 6-8 weeks. Cruise is 11-14 days?
[/quote]

Yeah, so don’t start your cruise after only a 4 week blast if you’re still adding weight to the bar or getting more reps than last time. Just go get a massage, drink some green tea, listen to some good music, and chill out. If you can’t get to bed try reading before you go to bed. Don’t eat right before you go to bed. You’re telling your body “Wake up and digest this” when you eat right before bed. Punch a heavy bag after your workouts if you want.

If you’re stressed and down but you’re still beating the logbook, you’re fine. It just sounds like you need a little emo time to yourself. Go watch Donnie Darko and eat some ice cream.

So it’s not overtraining then?

I figure I’ll blast until I move late next week…cruise for the week or so I’m in LA, and then pick up the blast again in San Francisco (after unpacking).

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I just saw that this is in the Beginner Forum.

DC is not for beginners. [/quote]

/thread

[quote]wirewound wrote:

I figure I’ll blast until I move late next week…cruise for the week or so I’m in LA, and then pick up the blast again in San Francisco (after unpacking).[/quote]

Good Luck on the move. Before you get back into the blast, make sure you are settled. I can’t imagine trying to DC with a bunch of extraneous crap going on.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
wirewound wrote:

I figure I’ll blast until I move late next week…cruise for the week or so I’m in LA, and then pick up the blast again in San Francisco (after unpacking).

Good Luck on the move. Before you get back into the blast, make sure you are settled. I can’t imagine trying to DC with a bunch of extraneous crap going on. [/quote]

Extraneous shit is always going on in my life. I’m a travel RN and move every 3-6 months. I’m hoping to put down roots sometimes soon.

As to Mr. /thread - read my explanation as to why this is in the beginner’s forum.

After 4-5 weeks of any tough program most people stall or start to burn out.

Try a Waterbury or Pavel program where you go heavy but not to failure for 3 -4 weeks then go back to Dc and you should gain in both periods.

Power Drive post workout and loads of water between meals can help with the “nervy” feeling.