Overtraining Legs?

Well 2 days ago I did HIIT. Burpees for 30 seconds or at least 10, then 90 second jog. Continued that for 22 minutes.

The next day i felt pretty week but decided to max on squat anyway. (I dont get sore from squats at all)

Today my legs didnt feel sore, however whenever I walk for a long time or upstairs or up hills, I feel soreness in my legs. Whenever im relaxed or seated my legs feel normal. Is this because I did squats less than 24 hours after HIIT

Also I usually do HIIT the day after squats

Is it overtraining?

[quote]clean and squat wrote:
Well 2 days ago I did HIIT. Burpees for 30 seconds or at least 10, then 90 second jog. Continued that for 22 minutes.

The next day i felt pretty week but decided to max on squat anyway. (I dont get sore from squats at all)

Today my legs didnt feel sore, however whenever I walk for a long time or upstairs or up hills, I feel soreness in my legs. Whenever im relaxed or seated my legs feel normal. Is this because I did squats less than 24 hours after HIIT

Also I usually do HIIT the day after squats

Is it overtraining?

[/quote]

What are your goals? What are you doing aside form these 2 days you happened to mention (???!!!)

And HIIT training and max squats are 2 completely different ends. If you are just haphazardly doing cardio and strength work you won’t progress very far in either aspect.

Another thing, overtraining is probably (in most cases) simply not recovering/eating enough, as opposed to literally having completely wiped out your system through extremely intense work.

Post your full routine and diet and people will help. You post just leaves absolutely nothing to offer in terms of feedback.

I agree with Yarni on this one - you need to look at what you want to get out of going to the gym.

Recovery is as important as your session on the weights - what do you do in the 2 hours post training?