Overtraining But Still Making Progress

I’m experiencing what I believe to be symptoms of overtraining. And yet I continue to make PRs. I have added 15lbs onto my big 3 total in the last week, but I am having problems with insomnia, fatigue, depression, apathy, etc. Is it possible to be experiencing the psychological symptoms of overtraining but still be making progress on the weights?

[quote]Synthesize wrote:
I’m experiencing what I believe to be symptoms of overtraining. And yet I continue to make PRs. I have added 15lbs onto my big 3 total in the last week, but I am having problems with insomnia, fatigue, depression, apathy, etc. Is it possible to be experiencing the psychological symptoms of overtraining but still be making progress on the weights?[/quote]

It’s possible, but not for long. How long have you been experiencing these symptoms? I have a feeling that if you continue like this your workouts will suffer very soon.

I would bet you are just barely over the edge of overtraining - so just cut back a little bit and get on the good side - the progress and feel good side of the tip

Thanks, guys. I’ll go with another day off and lower volume slightly.

Had these “symptopms of overtraining” before i first touched a weight.

[quote]meddl wrote:
Had these “symptopms of overtraining” before i first touched a weight.[/quote]

Maybe you need to stop moving altogether.