Oversize F6, How Easy to Get On?

Does anyone own an oversized Titan F6 that they use in training? If so, how easy is it to get on and can you leave it on comfortably when you’re not under the bar?

I’m thinking of getting one to protect my cranky AC joints. Right now I’m just massively underloading the bar and using tons of band tension. This is kind of like dynamic effort every session but my shoulders are happy.

I use an F6. Not hard to get on, and it’s pretty tight on me. I could probably get it on by myself if I cut the back out of it.

If you want to protect your shoulders, why not do 2-3 boards and/or floor presses? Reverse bands? That’s a lot cheaper and more convenient than using a shirt.

[quote]DragnCarry wrote:
Does anyone own an oversized Titan F6 that they use in training? If so, how easy is it to get on and can you leave it on comfortably when you’re not under the bar?

I’m thinking of getting one to protect my cranky AC joints. Right now I’m just massively underloading the bar and using tons of band tension. This is kind of like dynamic effort every session but my shoulders are happy.[/quote]

If your shirt is comfortable EVER, much less under the bar, you are probably recieving little to no support. I would go with reverse bands, boards, and floor presses as suggested. Have you been to the doctor, by the way? I thought my shoulder was just cranky like yours and it turns out I have a torn rotator cuff.

My main press is the floor press, I do board-presses and I underload the bar and use lots of band tension. These are all good exercises, thanks for the confirmation.

I don’t want the shirt to be comfortable under the bar, I just wanted to know if it was comfortable when you’re NOT under the bar? I could be spending up to 45 min in it.

I have seen three different physiotherapists, but I will see a GP to get a referral for ultrasound if it stops improving.

I’ve had shitty posture and I sit at a desk or behind the wheel all day. The rehab I’ve been doing has helped a lot, but if I do too much pressing or pulling (deadlift type pulls) it flares up.

The silver lining is that my squat has been coming ahead in leaps and bounds.

If I’m going to train using board-presses, chains and bands I’m really training for shirted lifts, so I should spend some time in a shirt anyway.

My training partners don’t compete and they always turn up later than I can manage. It would help to be able to get just anyone to help put it on, rather than someone who has learned to help me.

[quote]DragnCarry wrote:
I don’t want the shirt to be comfortable under the bar, I just wanted to know if it was comfortable when you’re NOT under the bar? I could be spending up to 45 min in it.
[/quote]

Just to qualify that, I have a fairly high tolerance to discomfort but I don’t want to have to wait until my welts heal before I can wear my shirt again if you know what I mean.