Overseas Security Contractor, 250k?

A lot of guys I work with in FT Bragg rotate in and out of these jobs. Most are getting 500-600 bucks a day plus per diem. They’re all from a SOF background though. Personally I’d be doing it too, but I’m a single parent so I have other priorities.

[quote]motherofpearl wrote:
HolyMacaroni wrote:
i dunno sjoconn. buddy of mine got brought on with blackwater before the name change.

2 year contracts.

2 months in country / 1 month in the states rotations

not to shabby if you ask me. you’re right, no indirect fire and medivac and all that jazz, but you’re not doing movement to contact missions or anything like that. executive security is pretty much the bread and butter.

What if you just decide to be overseas in japan or some other less risky place and still get paid good.
[/quote]

Safe jobs dont pay well. and again… you need a background. Last I saw you started a thread about NSW so I know you dont have a background for this work.

[quote]sjoconn wrote:
motherofpearl wrote:
HolyMacaroni wrote:
i dunno sjoconn. buddy of mine got brought on with blackwater before the name change.

2 year contracts.

2 months in country / 1 month in the states rotations

not to shabby if you ask me. you’re right, no indirect fire and medivac and all that jazz, but you’re not doing movement to contact missions or anything like that. executive security is pretty much the bread and butter.

What if you just decide to be overseas in japan or some other less risky place and still get paid good.

Safe jobs dont pay well. and again… you need a background. Last I saw you started a thread about NSW so I know you dont have a background for this work.
[/quote]

Ya Im still in highschool.

your priorities are screwed up. find something you enjoy doing, not something that pays well. no matter how much money you make, nothing can make a shitty 40-60 hours a week turn into a enjoyable 40-60 hours a week, and that will pretty much define your life.

[quote]Geraldo105 wrote:
your priorities are screwed up. find something you enjoy doing, not something that pays well. no matter how much money you make, nothing can make a shitty 40-60 hours a week turn into a enjoyable 40-60 hours a week, and that will pretty much define your life.[/quote]

I was thinking in being in law eforcement. I enjoy that. I also want to join the military do not know what branch.

I was thinking in being in law eforcement. I enjoy that. I also want to join the military do not know what branch.[/quote]

Military training will help you with getting a job as a Cop. Most police dept. now either require you to have college credits or have military service. If you go the way of Military look really hard into which branch you want to do each has goods and bads. Some of the guys in here are Army so they can tell you what some of the Good points are and some of the bad points are.

But remember if you go into the service you will have to do you full contract which is now either 4 or 6 years with most trying to get you to do the 6 years.

If it helps I worked with a guy who was contracted with the CIA, he specialized in EOD and was former SF. He made $900 a day, but he admitted that was definitely on the upper end and due to his particular area of expertise.

Hell, if you want to go overseas and don’t have the military background to do so, join KBR. Those guys make good money, tax free, and they can leave whenever they want to. Actually kind of sucks when you’re pulling in 50k with combat pay and the rest living outside the wire 5-6 days a week and some fobbit is getting paid 75k to check your air conditioner once a month.

[quote]Slayers wrote:
motherofpearl wrote:

I was thinking in being in law eforcement. I enjoy that. I also want to join the military do not know what branch.

Military training will help you with getting a job as a Cop. Most police dept. now either require you to have college credits or have military service. If you go the way of Military look really hard into which branch you want to do each has goods and bads. Some of the guys in here are Army so they can tell you what some of the Good points are and some of the bad points are.

But remember if you go into the service you will have to do you full contract which is now either 4 or 6 years with most trying to get you to do the 6 years.[/quote]

So if you join the military you do not have to go to college for a police dept to hire you since you get just shy of an assoic degree?

So if you join the military you do not have to go to college for a police dept to hire you since you get just shy of an assoic degree?[/quote]

No you do not have to go to college if you have military service. And it is a weird line to fallow. When I took the NYPD test 8 years ago they wanted you to either have 40 college credits or 4 years of military service. There are alot of places that will even give you extra points on your test for that military service.

Joining the Military does not give you any type of degree. What the police like about it is that you come to them already trained to take orders and how to deal with some of the stress cops deal with everyday.

this will show you kinda what they are looking for now a days

Qualifications for New York State Trooper

TO APPLY:

Must be at least age 20 on the Application Deadline and be 21 at time of appointment.

Must not have turned 30 before the Application Deadline. The age limitation may be extended up to six years for active military service.

Must be a citizen of the United States on or before the Application Deadline.

Must have a high school diploma at time of application.

Must have good moral character. A Felony conviction is an automatic disqualification.

AT TIME OF APPOINTMENT (After passing the exam and being offered a position):
You must posses a:

Graduate certificate from senior high school

New York State High School Equivalency Diploma

Military GED Certificate

High School Equivalency diploma from another state converted to a NYS High School Equivalency Diploma

Must have completed 60 college credit hours at an accredited college or university at time of appointment.

Exceptions: 30 college credits may be waived, if the candidate has either:

Received an Honorable Discharge from the United States military after two years of active military service

-or-

Successfully completed a Certified Police Officer Training Course approved by, or equivalent to a course approved by, the New York State Municipal Police Training council. A certified Peace Officer Training course does not qualify.

Must be a New York State resident and have a valid New York State driver's license at time of appointment.

Must be able to pass a Physical Ability Test (PAT): sit-ups, push-ups and a one-and-one-half mile run.

Must conform to height and weight standards at time of appointment.

Must be able to work rotating shifts any day of the week, including holidays.

Vision Requirement: uncorrected - no worse than 20/100 in each eye able to be corrected to 20/20 in each eye. Correction may be achieved using glasses, contact lenses, or surgery. Color blindness is disqualifying.

Must comply with New York State Police policy which requires all members to present a neat and professional appearance at all times. Tattoos, brands, body piercings and other body art shall not be visible while a member is in uniform or other business attire. The uniform includes a short sleeve shirt open at the front of the neck. In addition to visibility, some tattoos or brands may have symbolic meanings that are inconsistent with the values of the New York State Police.

For more information contact your local recruiter at (866) NYSP-EXAM

[quote]Slayers wrote:
motherofpearl wrote:

So if you join the military you do not have to go to college for a police dept to hire you since you get just shy of an assoic degree?

No you do not have to go to college if you have military service. And it is a weird line to fallow. When I took the NYPD test 8 years ago they wanted you to either have 40 college credits or 4 years of military service. There are alot of places that will even give you extra points on your test for that military service.

Joining the Military does not give you any type of degree. What the police like about it is that you come to them already trained to take orders and how to deal with some of the stress cops deal with everyday.

this will show you kinda what they are looking for now a days

Qualifications for New York State Trooper

TO APPLY:

Must be at least age 20 on the Application Deadline and be 21 at time of appointment.

Must not have turned 30 before the Application Deadline. The age limitation may be extended up to six years for active military service.

Must be a citizen of the United States on or before the Application Deadline.

Must have a high school diploma at time of application.

Must have good moral character. A Felony conviction is an automatic disqualification.

AT TIME OF APPOINTMENT (After passing the exam and being offered a position):
You must posses a:

Graduate certificate from senior high school

New York State High School Equivalency Diploma

Military GED Certificate

High School Equivalency diploma from another state converted to a NYS High School Equivalency Diploma

Must have completed 60 college credit hours at an accredited college or university at time of appointment.

Exceptions: 30 college credits may be waived, if the candidate has either:

Received an Honorable Discharge from the United States military after two years of active military service

-or-

Successfully completed a Certified Police Officer Training Course approved by, or equivalent to a course approved by, the New York State Municipal Police Training council. A certified Peace Officer Training course does not qualify.

Must be a New York State resident and have a valid New York State driver's license at time of appointment.

Must be able to pass a Physical Ability Test (PAT): sit-ups, push-ups and a one-and-one-half mile run.

Must conform to height and weight standards at time of appointment.

Must be able to work rotating shifts any day of the week, including holidays.

Vision Requirement: uncorrected - no worse than 20/100 in each eye able to be corrected to 20/20 in each eye. Correction may be achieved using glasses, contact lenses, or surgery. Color blindness is disqualifying.

Must comply with New York State Police policy which requires all members to present a neat and professional appearance at all times. Tattoos, brands, body piercings and other body art shall not be visible while a member is in uniform or other business attire. The uniform includes a short sleeve shirt open at the front of the neck. In addition to visibility, some tattoos or brands may have symbolic meanings that are inconsistent with the values of the New York State Police.

For more information contact your local recruiter at (866) NYSP-EXAM[/quote]

Thank you that explains a lot.

So if you join the military you do not have to go to college for a police dept to hire you since you get just shy of an assoic degree?[/quote]

It depends on the state. Some states require a 2 or 4 year degree. Some states are so competitive to get the job you definitely need a 4 year degree.

State Trooper standards are also generally higher than local police department requirements, just as respective State Bureau of Investigation standards and Federal standards are generally higher than the average State Trooper Standards.

Many local departments are begging for new officers.

[quote]Geraldo105 wrote:
your priorities are screwed up. find something you enjoy doing, not something that pays well. no matter how much money you make, nothing can make a shitty 40-60 hours a week turn into a enjoyable 40-60 hours a week, and that will pretty much define your life.[/quote]

On the flip side, don’t underestimate the happiness that comes with not being broke all the time.