Overrated Exercises

I thought I remembered a thread on here about overrated exercises. I’ve been searching and can’t find it. If there is one, can someone post the link on here. If not, let’s start a thread.

Shrugs.
I think deadlifts and cleans bring the traps up nicely.

Shrugs.

I think deadlifts and cleans build the traps nicely without any other exercises.

Cock pushups. They don’t work.

I dunno…upright rows?

I think decline bench, going heavy on the flat should be enough?

I can’t seem to find it for whatever reason,

So the worst (and most overrated) exercise I can think of is the Upright Row.

[quote]pro.nub wrote:
Shrugs.

I think deadlifts and cleans build the traps nicely without any other exercises.[/quote]

How big are your traps?

[quote]danielbasic wrote:
I think decline bench, going heavy on the flat should be enough?[/quote]

My only thing with that is the flat bench has never felt “natural” for me. Maybe I just need better coaching on it. I generally alternate b/w the incline and decline.

My add to the list… leg press. Its not worthless, I just see too many people use it over a barbell.

The 09 is STRONG in this thread.

Lets see what 2010 rings in…

[quote]danielbasic wrote:
I think decline bench, going heavy on the flat should be enough?[/quote]

lmao… dips are enuf! but if you have hydrolic pressure from carrying water in your arms then hey why not do decline bench. lmao.

If hating the overhead squats because I can only do about 65lbs without feeling like a fool count…then overhead squats.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
pro.nub wrote:
Shrugs.

I think deadlifts and cleans build the traps nicely without any other exercises.

How big are your traps?[/quote]

Pictures of big traps.

Anything done with a kettlebell. The modern dumbbell is a far superior piece of equipment.

Flame away, but I’m sticking to it.

Although every exercise can have it’s merits, some exercises
a) are just less effective - eg kickbacks
b) rely on bad movement patterns - eg smith machine squats
c) are not that necessary - eg front raises
d) have a high chance of busting your joints if genetically predispositioned and/or done with too little care/too much weight - eg most behind the head movements, dips, upright rows

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
pro.nub wrote:
Shrugs.

How big are your traps?[/quote]
I don’t know, I haven’t measured them. However, they are certainly not a weak point. For me, at least, deads and cleans have built my traps to be proportional to the rest of my body.

[quote]pro.nub wrote:
countingbeans wrote:
pro.nub wrote:
Shrugs.

How big are your traps?
I don’t know, I haven’t measured them. However, they are certainly not a weak point. For me, at least, deads and cleans have built my traps to be proportional to the rest of my body.[/quote]

Okay,

Can we have ANY of your stats? Maybe a picture?

^^^ The one thing I don’t like about asking for a pic as proof is that unless this guy is Hercules himself most will find a fault and never let him hear the end of it.

chest supported t-bar rows

[quote]Nards wrote:
^^^ The one thing I don’t like about asking for a pic as proof is that unless this guy is Hercules himself most will find a fault and never let him hear the end of it.[/quote]

Personally, I don’t really care. Shrugs have done wonders for my traps, and helped bring my deadlift to the number it is. So I’m not going to agree with him, but it’s not like he can’t be “right” in his own personal experience.

Way said cleans and deads were pretty much all he did for traps. Great. If this guy is built, I’ll be the first to say good work. But if he is 6’2" 185lbs, maybe he should open his mind a little more, and his mouth a bit less. Ya know?

Just trying to get an idea of where he is before he talks about a pretty popular movement like it is useless, in case people are trying to learn shit from these forums.

I don’t know, maybe I’m just being a prick.

Dumbell shadow boxing.