T Nation

Overheard On The Bus

“I have a pastry every night before I got to bed, it helps me mentally.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at this.

Eh. I dont really see the humor.

Some people like a drink, some people like a smoke, that person likes a cake. Now, if they were saying they have a pastry every night and they cant figure out why they cant lose weight, that’d be funny. Or if they somehow rationalize it to be physically healthy, that would be funny.

Almost as bad as “RelaCore helps reduce Belly Fat!”

Another dupe formula for fat women that don’t want to put in the effort.

alright well I overheard this at the gym this morning:

Man looking at gatorade machine: “Man, if I started sweating gatorade I’d be mad as fuck.”

I like when some guy who works out but doesn’t really “get it” profuses how he’s “holding some water” when explaining his double chins -lol

-S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I like when some guy who works out but doesn’t really “get it” profuses how he’s “holding some water” when explaining his double chins -lol

-S
[/quote]

“The Turkey Galrap” lol.

My favorite is the common “I’d look like that too if I worked out…”

Kinda of like saying “Well, I’d be rich if I had a lot of money.”

[quote]pookie wrote:
My favorite is the common “I’d look like that too if I worked out…”

[/quote]

A slight variation on that. Whenever someone is shown a picture of a decently muscular person. “If I just took a bunch of steroids I’d look like that too”. The same statement is made when shown a picture of a very muscular person, although I think it is funnier when it is only a somewhat muscular person that has a good aesthetically pleasing body.

[quote]pookie wrote:
[/quote]

Haha, I going to use that one.

I’ve always been partial to: I don’t want to get too bulky, I just want to tone up a bit.

That’s usually the last time I’ll talk to that person about exercising.

“I could lift that but I don’t want to strain”
same person
“I don’t need to lift weights I am naturally strong”

[quote]TwoScoops wrote:
alright well I overheard this at the gym this morning:

Man looking at gatorade machine: “Man, if I started sweating gatorade I’d be mad as fuck.”[/quote]

That is just funny. I hate those commercials.

Or when you hear women say “I don’t want to get big, I just want to tone”

I want to hit myself in the head with a frying pan I’ve heard it so many times.

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:

I want to hit myself in the head with a frying pan I’ve heard it so many times.[/quote]

However “big” is pretty subjective.

Most women don’t want any bulk at all and even women do get somewhat bulky when they lift. Not as big as a man or professional female body builder, but bigger none the less.

There is nothing wrong with them lifting light weights to burn fat through caloric expenditure, to harden their muscles and then to maintain their fatless, toned bodies.

I am unattracted to muscular women and squishy women myself.

A nice, non bulky toned woman is certainly beautiful however.

The toning argument is based around shaky semantics at best.

There is a such thing as toning.

Compare softball legs with tennis legs. Both weight train. Softball chicks are bulky. Tennis chicks are toned.

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:

I want to hit myself in the head with a frying pan I’ve heard it so many times.[/quote]

My brother coaches high school females, and when he started them on a weight program I helped him out teaching them form and such… I can’t believe how many times I heard this in the time frame of like 1 week.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

-S
[/quote]

Or when some fat load says they’ve “tried everything”.

My personal opinion “Tried everything” is a popular campaign slogan stating that “Heres another thing.” Letting you know that, “Yes, you will fail at this as well, if you don’t stick to it.” Horse shit.

[quote]conorh wrote:
The Mighty Stu wrote:

-S

Or when some fat load says they’ve “tried everything”.[/quote]

That’s when you say “Off of every buffet in town I see.”

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
conorh wrote:
The Mighty Stu wrote:

-S

That’s when you say “Off of every buffet in town I see.”[/quote]

Instant classic!

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
conorh wrote:
The Mighty Stu wrote:

-S

That’s when you say “Off of every buffet in town I see.”[/quote]

Ahh Western Sizzlin, Golden Corral, Ponderosa, and more. Why do they enable? They’re like drug pushers to addicts! Only instead of illegal substances, they’re pushing horrible, fattening food for rock bottom prices!