Overhead Pressing Stalling After 3 Cycles

I hear you, we’re on the same boat. I’d give my first son to do 201 for a single, right now.
Out of curiosity, on average, how long does it take to get to 1x bodyweight in the overhead press? Anybody knows? Talking of how long it takes in terms of strength training

Over BW for Overhead Press is “Stronger than 80% of lifters. An advanced lifter has progressed for over five years.”

Well… fuq.

That’s what I did but I still stalled faster than I thought I would. My bench max was 10 lbs less than my last 1RM and OHP was what I did mid workout on a random day.

I think the problem hits when your max isn’t very good so 5lb increments are big jumps. For me 5 lbs is a 3% jump in OHP (sadly). 4 cycles in and I’m at 97% of my starting max. No surprise I can’t get 5 reps on 5/3/1 day.

Yeah in my experience press is slow going and will stall eventually no matter what you do. Dropping TM back down a few steps like you did is one effective approach I’ve used.

Adding a couple back-off sets after your all-out set can be a big help as well, to make sure you get enough volume to continue to stimulate growth as your rep counts decrease over time. For instance, after your all-out set, drop back down to the first set weight, and do two more sets of 5-8 reps.