Overhead lifts compilation

I haven’t seen any overhead lifts compilations so I threw one together real quick. Thought some of you might enjoy it.

OK, I’m out again. :slight_smile:

The lesson: taking heavy weights and putting them over your head is fucking awesome. No, it’s not bad for your shoulders. Go out and lift heavy shit. Absolutely awesome thread.

John Push Pressing 385

And just because you never see these, one arm barbell snatch

[quote]hastalles wrote:
I haven’t seen any overhead lifts compilations so I threw one together real quick. Thought some of you might enjoy it.

OK, I’m out again. :)[/quote]
Extra badass points for the Marunde-muscle cat having a little girl stand behind/spot? him.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:

And just because you never see these, one arm barbell snatch[/quote]

Man I gotta get a vid of my training partner doing one arm snatches. He did it with a dumbell, which I know must be a lot easier than a barbell, but still, he got 120 on his first try at the damn lift. That’s as big as the dumbells go at our gym. I really hate some people.

Awesome compilation OP. Needs more Big Z! Props for putting Vincent’s no leg drive 405 in there though. Still one of the most badass lifts I’ve ever seen.

521.4 lbs that is.

[quote]black_angus1 wrote:
The lesson: taking heavy weights and putting them over your head is fucking awesome. No, it’s not bad for your shoulders. Go out and lift heavy shit. Absolutely awesome thread.[/quote]

Exactly what I was going for! Spread the message to everyone you know!

[quote]knotginuwhine wrote:

[quote]hastalles wrote:

OK, I’m out again. :)[/quote]
Extra badass points for the Marunde-muscle cat having a little girl stand behind/spot? him. [/quote]

That’s his wife… Jesse Marunde was a huge dude.

Keep posting videos! Maybe I’ll make another compilation if I can find more awesome lifts.

Criteria: Must involve inhuman amount of weight, psycopathic intensity, badass lifts (one arm snatches, giant boulders, and strongmen strict pressing circus dumbbells are all highly encouraged), and/or brutal power and speed overhead like John Schlect’s push press above. I kinda think of olympic style jerks and snatches as a bit of a different animal since there’s no balls out grinding the weight overhead, but if you’ve got a particularly badass video, feel free to post it. The Shankle is always welcome!

Can anyone figure out how much weight Ricky bruch is BTN push jerking at the end of the video? I’ve read it’s in the neighborhood of 600 lb, I’d love to know how much exactly though :slight_smile:

Also if anyone knows where I could find some good quality video of olympic presses back in the day, that would be awesome.

Thanks for watching!

495 Push Press(skip to :27

473 push press @ :45

Bruch was strong but doubt he was 600lb strong, think the bumpers are there for floor protection more than weight.

From his documentry, I thought he was around 418 back in 1984, but was maybe stronger back in around 1971-1974 when he was a = WR holder.

Ricky was a very good self promoter - so some of his stuff needs interpretation. Read back in 1972 that he had a 400kg deadlift (before Cole’s 883lb). Years later found out it was a Jeffereson lift off blocks …

he was a legend and dearly missed

Really honored to be included in the vid. I was just thinking the other day how I wanted to start doing a little shoulder pressing again.

[quote]vdizenzo wrote:
Really honored to be included in the vid. I was just thinking the other day how I wanted to start doing a little shoulder pressing again.[/quote]

I’m honored that you’ve watched it! I watch your videos before pretty much every overhead or bench session.

Cheering for you to get that 600 bench at 275!

Hi Hastalles I signed up on this website just to ask you the name of the song you put on this video of the overhead lifts compilation which was deleted of youtube, I used watch the video alot . please I remember it was like a Swedish song someone help me out if u know it thanks