Overeem Test Positive for Steroids

I think the fight test was done in the UK, not the US, due to some complications - so yes, very fishy indeed. But ultimately, he got caught, end of story. To me, it is just inconceivable that fighter (considering the amount of physical work they do to be competitive) could gain muscle/joint/bone mass like he did over the course of a few years. I mean if he had spent the 3 years sitting on his ass eating taking short breaks to lift heavy weights, then maybe, but training as a fighter?

I don’t think the question whether he juices/juiced or not is relevant for this thread or generally important.

He’s fighting in the top -UFC- mutant league -the heavies- for our amusement.
His opponents are either hardcore juicers (like Lesnar, Sapp, Pudzia, Duffee etc), part time juicers (Tim Sylvia, Carwin, Barnett etc) abnormals (Bigfoot Silva, Man Choi, Velasquez etc) or the rare unicorns that are just extremely talented and dedicated (no safe bet here).

Nobody fights there unless he’s in one of those categories. T’would be insanity otherwise.

The pool is so thin there fans should be thankful for all those willing to put their body through the meatgrinder.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
Let’s all hope he can quickly shyster out his way of this impending shitstorm.

Zeb, stay classy.

[/quote]

Classy? I just want an even playing field for all competitors. I mean is it fair to Dosantos who is clean to be fighting someone who is not?

Hey…just have an organization where anyone can take anything and then who cares?

But cheating to win is still cheating to win and I don’t respect that.

[quote]yarni wrote:

I think the fight test was done in the UK, not the US, due to some complications - so yes, very fishy indeed. But ultimately, he got caught, end of story. To me, it is just inconceivable that fighter (considering the amount of physical work they do to be competitive) could gain muscle/joint/bone mass like he did over the course of a few years. I mean if he had spent the 3 years sitting on his ass eating taking short breaks to lift heavy weights, then maybe, but training as a fighter? [/quote]

Do you know the history behind overeem? How he once fought as a light heavyweight? He would literally starve himself to get down to that weight. He routinely walked around at around 225lbs. hes always been a heavyweight. Just now, he doesn’t cut weight, he can eat what he wants, he can lift weights. How has he been passing tests for years now without ever getting caught? Forget pride, im talking all his recent fights in the us. against werdum, against rogers, against lesnar.

Not surprised. It’s a shame though, I really was looking forward to the matchup between him and dos santos.

Zeb, to me, shouting “cheat!” in the context of UFC-heavyweight-MMA seems quite a bit weird.

Especially with the legion of fighters who were all busted, TRT, US culture glorifying steroids in general etc.

Do you see a bodybuilding competition as inherently dishonest?
Olympic track & field or oly weightlifting?
What about your fondness for Sonnen? Gone? A cheater for all times?

At some point in the medieval age, even the shiniest, most devout knight had to come forward and say:
“By god, I may not like crossbows, but it seems they’re here to stay!”

[quote]roguevampire wrote:

[quote]yarni wrote:

I think the fight test was done in the UK, not the US, due to some complications - so yes, very fishy indeed. But ultimately, he got caught, end of story. To me, it is just inconceivable that fighter (considering the amount of physical work they do to be competitive) could gain muscle/joint/bone mass like he did over the course of a few years. I mean if he had spent the 3 years sitting on his ass eating taking short breaks to lift heavy weights, then maybe, but training as a fighter? [/quote]

Do you know the history behind overeem? How he once fought as a light heavyweight? He would literally starve himself to get down to that weight. He routinely walked around at around 225lbs. hes always been a heavyweight. Just now, he doesn’t cut weight, he can eat what he wants, he can lift weights. How has he been passing tests for years now without ever getting caught? Forget pride, im talking all his recent fights in the us. against werdum, against rogers, against lesnar. [/quote]

oh c’mon, please not that angle again…

[quote]yarni wrote:

Do you know the history behind overeem? How he once fought as a light heavyweight? He would literally starve himself to get down to that weight. He routinely walked around at around 225lbs. hes always been a heavyweight. Just now, he doesn’t cut weight, he can eat what he wants, he can lift weights. How has he been passing tests for years now without ever getting caught? Forget pride, im talking all his recent fights in the us. against werdum, against rogers, against lesnar. [/quote]

How do you think any athlete who abuses steroids gets caught after so many years of passing tests?

They just slip up.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Zeb, stay classy.

[/quote]

Classy? I just want an even playing field for all competitors. I mean is it fair to Dosantos who is clean to be fighting someone who is not?

Hey…just have an organization where anyone can take anything and then who cares?

But cheating to win is still cheating to win and I don’t respect that.[/quote]

You are making the assumption that Dos Santos is clean.

At some point in the medieval age, even the shiniest, most devout knight had to come forward and say:
[/quote]

NEIN!

It is not for you to countermand the words of the Holy Father!

Crossbows must not be used to spill the blood of a Christian enemy.

Would you take the very Throne of St. Peter for your own?

Wait…why am I ranting about the 2nd Council of Lateran?

Anyway…

RE: Ubereem.

No one can really be surprised by this. At the very least the Reem has been in the “could certainly be on” category, and has for some time. If Roy Nelson pisses hot I will be surprised.

I pretty much feel like PEDs go with the territory for MMA in specific, and pro sports in general.

The UFC’s/NSAC’s, and thus MMA’s by default, position on allowing TRT makes any anti roid bluster pure comedy in my opinion. It is simply impossible for me to take it seriously.

That being said, if you are going to use then getting around the test is part of the competition. He fucked that up.

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:

[quote]yarni wrote:

How do you think any athlete who abuses steroids gets caught after so many years of passing tests?

They just slip up.[/quote]

Define “abuses”

Can anyone cue up that sound effect of Charlie Sheen saying “duhhhh”

he got sloppy or arrogant. Its that simple. He has been juicing for a long time and has even made little jokes about it. He knows how to get around testing and he fucked up. Amazes me that someone that knows the program as well as him gets caught.

I still dont care as I dont believe he has fought a clean heavy in a long time especially in K-1 where its almost anything goes.

Lesnar was clean - just sayin’…

EDIT: Okay let me clarify because there’s a great chance it won’t be understood. A healthy and clean Lesnar beats a healthy and clean Overeem.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Lesnar was clean - just sayin’…

EDIT: Okay let me clarify because there’s a great chance it won’t be understood. A healthy and clean Lesnar beats a healthy and clean Overeem.[/quote]
Go away

Dana can’t let a European ravish his through his whole division like it doesn’t exist. So this is the only way he can flame him without actually doing it himself, meh every cunt in the ufc is doing something illegal. Fuckers cutting 20 pounds to make weight… yeh right, very ‘natural’

[quote]Thuggish wrote:

[quote]yarni wrote:

They just slip up.[/quote]

Define “abuses”
[/quote]

Put your pants back on, I mean the literal medical definition of the term. Non medically indicated use of synthetic hormones.

I’m not commenting on “right” or “wrong”

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Zeb, stay classy.

[/quote]

But cheating to win is still cheating to win and I don’t respect that.[/quote]

You are making the assumption that Dos Santos is clean. [/quote]

And you are making the assumption that he (or perhaps everyone is using steroids?)

Innocent until proven guilty!

Zeb, to me, shouting “cheat!” in the context of UFC-heavyweight-MMA seems quite a bit weird.[/quote]

When someone uses a substance that is banned by the league then they are in fact looking for a dishonest advantage over their competitors.

That’s pretty simple to understand isn’t it? If not then why can’t someone bring a club into the Octagon that too would give them an unfair advantage. Too easy to detect right? So let’s be sneaky and use a banned drug. Then rationalize by saying “everybody is doing it.” Yet, everybody is not doing it and there is no proof to the contrary.

Are steroids even checked in bodybuilding competition? Are they illegal? I pay absolutely no attention to pro bodybuilding or pro bodybuilders so you have the advantage here. But I doubt if they are (please correct me if I’m wrong). So naturally everyone does it.

You can list bowling and tennis as well. Same answer, if it is banned and you take it you are a cheater. Really quite simple - Follow the rules and stop trying to get an unfair advantage.

He did cheat and paid the price. Just like Overeem or anyone else who cheats. Simple isn’t it?

[quote]At some point in the medieval age, even the shiniest, most devout knight had to come forward and say:
[/quote]

And crossbows were not illegal to use.

While roids may very well be the latest thing and it is here to stay if they are banned by a given sports league then those who use them are cheaters. And don’t mistake my not liking cheaters with me not agreeing that someone could use steroids. Personally, I couldn’t care less. If someone wants to start an mma organization where steroids are legal then that’s fine with me. Everyone is now on equal grounds.

It’s the cheating I don’t like not the use of steroids. In fact, as a fan the bigger and nastier that the fighters get the more I like it. What they do to their bodies with steroids will never equal the damage that they take inside the octagon over a period of years.

So I am not judging a steroid user as being inherently evil because he is using steroids, not at all. I am judging him to be a cheater because the rules say that you cannot use that substance. And using such a substance gives the competitor an unfair advantage. Simple isn’t it?

[quote]humble wrote:
Dana can’t let a European ravish his through his whole division like it doesn’t exist. So this is the only way he can flame him without actually doing it himself, meh every cunt in the ufc is doing something illegal. Fuckers cutting 20 pounds to make weight… yeh right, very ‘natural’[/quote]

1st fight Lesnar.
2nd fight title shot.

The way I see it, they were itching to have 'em some Reeming action.