Overeem Pulled from HWGP

FUCK YOU ZUFFA!

I REALLY HOPE CAIN GOT INJURED AGAIN AND OVEREEM IS GOING TO THE UFC TO BATTLE FOR THE INTERIM HW BELT AGAINST JDS

HOLY FUCK!!! GOD DAMN MONOPOLY!

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:
FUCK YOU ZUFFA!

I REALLY HOPE CAIN GOT INJURED AGAIN AND OVEREEM IS GOING TO THE UFC TO BATTLE FOR THE INTERIM HW BELT AGAINST JDS

HOLY FUCK!!! GOD DAMN MONOPOLY![/quote]

I almost gotta think that maybe Zuffa brass is worried about putting some of their bigger names up against overeem since he is relatively unkown to casual fans, especially in the U.S, and they have done a great job building guys like Cain and JDS.

Either that, or this is the price overeem pays for wanting to fight in multiple organizations.

Either way its complete fucking bullshit. If Brock Lesnar got a chance in the UFC, overeem deserves one.

[quote]punchedbear wrote:
I dont blame Zuffa at all. You have a guy that wants to delay a tournament. What do you want them to do?

Add on top of that he has 1 fight left on the contract and there are 2 fights left in the tourny he is expendable. He has a name because of how he looks and thats why I was a little surprised on the release but Zuffa did what they felt they had to do.

He has signed on to fight in Russia and he will be back in a kickboxing ring so he will be fine. But I dont blame Zuffa at all for letting him go.[/quote]

The guy is extremely marketable. Not like hes a boring fighter with nothing to give casual fans to latch onto. Why get rid of him just because he has one fight on his contract, especially mid-tourney when the guy they have to replace him with is a no name?

Not to mention that Overeem was supposed to fight Werdum months ago, and had to have the fight pushed back so they could get Fedor in the ring. Then he is expecting to fight in october and they tell him now they are moving it up to september, when his training camp doesnt even really start til august. Then, when their HW champion asks them to push it back to october again because he needs time recover, they can him?

He has been dicked around by strikeforce, not the other way around.

Scott Cocker is a fucking puppet, he is all busted up and need time to train and heal and they cut him, Brock “The Cock” Lesnar can rest assured now… Even if he broke his pinky toe he will forever stay on ZUFFA rooster.

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

I dont blame Zuffa at all. You have a guy that wants to delay a tournament. What do you want them to do?

Add on top of that he has 1 fight left on the contract and there are 2 fights left in the tourny he is expendable. He has a name because of how he looks and thats why I was a little surprised on the release but Zuffa did what they felt they had to do.

He has signed on to fight in Russia and he will be back in a kickboxing ring so he will be fine. But I dont blame Zuffa at all for letting him go.[/quote]

The guy is extremely marketable. Not like hes a boring fighter with nothing to give casual fans to latch onto. Why get rid of him just because he has one fight on his contract, especially mid-tourney when the guy they have to replace him with is a no name?

Not to mention that Overeem was supposed to fight Werdum months ago, and had to have the fight pushed back so they could get Fedor in the ring. Then he is expecting to fight in october and they tell him now they are moving it up to september, when his training camp doesnt even really start til august. Then, when their HW champion asks them to push it back to october again because he needs time recover, they can him?

He has been dicked around by strikeforce, not the other way around. [/quote]

I agree that Zuffa treats fighters different than other combat sports but what did you really expect them to do? Guy messed with tv schedule and they let him go. Thats what they wanted to do and they did. Its their call and if thats how it is maybe he is better off fighting in Europe and Japan.

Due to his size and looks he will be fine and dont be shocked to see him involved with the UFC someday. He is marketable and Dana White is not stupid.

Man that really does suck. He’s tha first champ to ever have to pull out of a fight for an

injury? I mean come on, and who’s out there outside sf and the ufc that’s a big name for him to fight?

Lashly, haha Pudz ? Maybe arvloski can string together a few wins and that might be a decent fight.

Did I mention this sucks.

Well, guess we will never find out about the mans true potential in MMA after all… At first I was jumping of joy when ZUFFA bought SF, like a child believing this would lead to great matchups, Reem vs. Cain/JDS being the one I was waiting for the most by far, but guess I should’ve known better, things just don’t work like that when this whole sport is basically run by a bunch of businessmen who would be better off making their money selling WWE fights… Fucking hell this shit ruined my whole fucking day, wonder what is Reem going to have to say to all this. Doubt he is going to be in any trouble like everyone said, he has name in kickboxing and the physique to even make him marketable for big boxing matches if that is the way he wants to go, and I guess he can make good money out of beating cans every month in Japan, but sucks for the fans, we all know what his Uberknees are going to do to bunch of has-beens and nobodies but what me and probably 99% of fans would’ve wanted to see is him dish it out against the best… FUCK!

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

He has been dicked around by strikeforce, not the other way around. [/quote]

I agree that Zuffa treats fighters different than other combat sports but what did you really expect them to do? Guy messed with tv schedule and they let him go. Thats what they wanted to do and they did. Its their call and if thats how it is maybe he is better off fighting in Europe and Japan.

Due to his size and looks he will be fine and dont be shocked to see him involved with the UFC someday. He is marketable and Dana White is not stupid.
[/quote]

The UFC has had a ridiculous string of replacements lately for their main events due to injuries, and it never seems to be anything more than a slight bump in the road for them. Yet when Overeem (who according to all sources as of yet has not been unreasonable in any capacity) has an injury/recovery time issue, he is completely cut from strikeforce, even though he is the HW champion. that is fucked up. There is something going on that is more than Zuffa just being annoyed by him…

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
^^^ That was probably more my fault. I misinterpreted your intent. Nice new av.[/quote]

Yup, the biggest fight of the year for me, i probably won’t even be able to sleep.[/quote]

Who are u pulling for? Hendo?

[quote]js252 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
^^^ That was probably more my fault. I misinterpreted your intent. Nice new av.[/quote]

Yup, the biggest fight of the year for me, i probably won’t even be able to sleep.[/quote]

Who are u pulling for? Hendo?
[/quote]

My avatar says all…

SPOILER AHEAD!!!

My world is shattered, i love Hendo, but… FUCK!!!

And The Winner by TKO is Herb Deannnn, HORRIBLE stoppage, If Herb Dean was the referee on Barry and Kongo we wouldn’t see that comeback.

SPOILER END!

btw, Overeem just showed on his new video his broken ribs, FUCK YOU ZUFFA ZOMBIES.

Spoilers continued…

I don’t know about early stoppage man, at first I tought so too but when you looked at that hook Hendo threw when Fedor was down on the replays I think it really hurt him bad and Herb Dean has a reputation as a pretty good ref, some even say best in the business, so I don’t know but I think this was really best for Fedor. He has taken enough blows to the head already, he is perhaps the biggest legend this sport has ever seen and maybe the biggest legend this sport will ever see, but lets be honest here, how much legacy is he going to have left if he drops 4th in a row against someone who should be easy win for him? He has clearly been shown to be nothing but a mortal at this point, that last loss can be claimed as an early stoppage later on and Bigfoot was a fucking monster of a man, Werdum got lucky etc., but the man has already dropped 3 in a row, if he really gives a flying fuck about his legacy he is going to call it quits now or else we might just see another legend go Chuck Lidell.

Sick fight though, easily lived up to what I was expecting!

I really hope M-1 doesn’t milk him out =(

Stoppage was bad, but not horrible (ala Yves Lavigne’s finest works).

Fedor face planted and didn’t appear to react to a couple of hard hooks to his head (I think he was rolling over, will have to rewatch). Herb did act too soon though. He usually walks the middle ground with stoppages.

And lol kaiser, there’s only one ref that would’ve let Kongo/Barry continue, and he was reffing that fight. Unless you count stoned Lavigne (Scott Smith vs Matt Brown, hahah).

Hendo hit Fedor with two overhands on the back of the head, we need a rematch ASAP!

Hendo hit Fedor with two overhands on the back of the head, we need a rematch ASAP![/quote]

You really wanna feel that heartache twice?

You are fool to think Fedor would lose in a rematch, he was in control of the match until that illegal blows, and several fighters lost consciousness with one blow and got back with another and went to fight to victory.

since I read that thing on Craked.com, anytime I hear or read, or see anything to with Overeem, I can’t help but chuckle…

“Alistair Overeem: the guy who looks like he was genetically engineered to fuck your girlfriend”

lulz

That is some fat butt. your avatar that is…

I know…delicious isn’t it?

You are fool to think Fedor would lose in a rematch, he was in control of the match until that illegal blows, and several fighters lost consciousness with one blow and got back with another and went to fight to victory.[/quote]

You are a fool to think that the guy who just lost handily three times in a row is a sure thing in any fight.