Overeem Licensed in Nevada Finally

So this video is Overeem’s hearing with the NSAC in which he was granted his license.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKy3YA-vhA4&feature=player_embedded#!

So if i followed correctly, between June and the end of 2012, Overeem was tested a total of 7 times, 2 of which i believe they said were random. All tests came back negative. He actually says he has gained a few lbs since his last fight. So all the sherdog haters that expect him to come in looking like 2006 Overeem against Big Foot are gonna be sorely disappointed.

What do you all make of this? They said the tests included both blood and urine. My knowledge of how easy/hard it is to mask PEDs is next to nothing so maybe someone can enlighten me if they believe thats the case. Or do you think he really is just genetically gifted and has a good frame for carrying that kind of mass.

I suppose if we are being realistic, one could easily argue that at his height, it would not be terribly difficult for a natural (i know he’s on TRT, i use the term natural liberally) to be able to walk around at 260 lbs at 10% bodyfat. Combined with Overeem’s obviously good genetics for bodybuilding (giant traps, huge bicep peaks, wide lats)it shouldnt come as much of a surprise if he wasnt on steroids. (im not saying i believe he isnt using, just saying its not outside the realm of possibility)

I think the thing people really have a hard time believing is that someone who has to dedicate so much of their time to martial arts training and cardio/circuit training can still find the time to build that kind of mass as a natty. If martial arts training 6 days a week could make anyone look like that guys like Joe Lauzon would like more like Gleison Tibau.

Anyway, not really sure where im going with this.

Discuss.

Also, the premier of his documentary, The Reem 3.0 can be viewed here:

http://thereem.com/news/36/23/Return-of-the-Reem.html

I have to say, it was an awesome episode. Lots of great insight into where Overeem’s at in his training, his goals, his life. Some very cool dialogue from Bob Sapp and especially from Mark Hunt as he and Overeem have a detailed conversation about their fight together. Both guys came off as being really cool, laid back guys.

Couple things to mention, he still looks HUGE. He obviously has brought some big ass guys into his training camp for big foot too, so i highly highly doubt big foot’s size or strength will catch Overeem off guard.

And if he wasnt badass enough already, he walks an alligator on a leash in one part. Seriously.

Im a big Overeem fan and the more i see of him, the more i like him. His personality seems really laid back, calm cool and collected. Hes an interesting guy, with an exciting fight style, and im definitely pumped to see how his training with Blackzillians and the last 11 months of training have treated him.

If youve never watched The Reem or The Reem 2.0, this would be a great place to start.

Having shook his hand, I’ll say his frame is perfectly suited to carry 260lbs. His clavicles are a mile wide, his hands are huge and his noggin is melon size too.

I still highly doubt he’s clean, less due to his size alone, and more due to the combination of his size, body fat, the fact that his training isn’t geared towards either of those things and his being able to recover from all the training he does. All that stuff put together just seems like too much to handle naturally. Clearly just speculation though.

Loved the documentary. Good stuff!

[quote]Khaine wrote:
Having shook his hand, I’ll say his frame is perfectly suited to carry 260lbs. His clavicles are a mile wide, his hands are huge and his noggin is melon size too.

I still highly doubt he’s clean, less due to his size alone, and more due to the combination of his size, body fat, the fact that his training isn’t geared towards either of those things and his being able to recover from all the training he does. All that stuff put together just seems like too much to handle naturally. Clearly just speculation though.

Loved the documentary. Good stuff![/quote]

Youve met him?

I know he does a lot of strong man type of training. Heavy deadlifting, squats, retarded heavy farmers walks, to name a few. I suppose that moving ridiculously heavy weights all the time, combined with good genetics, eating 10 meals a day and getting lots of rest (he has said that he takes a mid day nap and eats 8-10 meals with lots of protein everyday) could yield such a physique on a combat athlete.

Im not naive though, it wouldnt shock me at all to know he was on something more that just plain ol’ TRT. I could care less though, im not one of those people that actually believes no one else is doing it. Nothing wrong with cheating in a sport full of cheaters (ahem lance haters)

Tito once said it “If you’re not cheating, you’re not trying hard enough”

First, TRT IS STEROIDS. Not a shot at you audiogarden, the fact you called a question on natural means you get that. Just that I find humor in fighters claims of “natural” or “clean” while they are taking documented amounts of exogenous testosterone.

Having said that, TRT is legal in the fight game. I have no issue with anyone doing what is legal to help their career.

I too am interested in watching Overeem fight. I am even more interested in watching him fight 2X a year, or at least every 8 months or so.

I am sort of seeing Bigfoot as tune up for him. Silva’s boxing/kickboxing has a ton of holes and if Cain could hurt him, Reem should crush him.

Is the next fight after this a title shot?

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

[quote]Khaine wrote:

Youve met him?

I know he does a lot of strong man type of training. Heavy deadlifting, squats, retarded heavy farmers walks, to name a few. I suppose that moving ridiculously heavy weights all the time, combined with good genetics, eating 10 meals a day and getting lots of rest (he has said that he takes a mid day nap and eats 8-10 meals with lots of protein everyday) could yield such a physique on a combat athlete.
[/quote]

Yeah, Olympia expo.

I’m just saying, recovering from 4 weight workouts OR 4 combat workouts a week is hard enough. Doing both, while maintaining that weight at that bodyfat, without getting injured or burned out just doesn’t seem realistic to me. Even with his superstar genetics. Again, speculation, my experince, law of averages. Just don’t see it.

TRT could be the difference maker, but as Robert points out, that’s not natural, nor do I know enough about it to say how much it’ll affect recovery.

[quote]Robert A wrote:
First, TRT IS STEROIDS. Not a shot at you audiogarden, the fact you called a question on natural means you get that. Just that I find humor in fighters claims of “natural” or “clean” while they are taking documented amounts of exogenous testosterone.

Having said that, TRT is legal in the fight game. I have no issue with anyone doing what is legal to help their career.

I too am interested in watching Overeem fight. I am even more interested in watching him fight 2X a year, or at least every 8 months or so.

I am sort of seeing Bigfoot as tune up for him. Silva’s boxing/kickboxing has a ton of holes and if Cain could hurt him, Reem should crush him.

Is the next fight after this a title shot?

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

Yeah, obviously overeems technically taking a steroid in the form of TRT, but his testosterone levels are in an acceptable range.

The big foot fight SHOULD be a tune up fight in my opinion as well. I think this will be the most revealing fight of alistairs career over the last 3.5 years or so. If he smashes big foot, he pretty much proves that he is, at the very least, a top 5 HW, if not 2 or 3. If he loses to Big Foot, i think that pretty much relegates him to top 10 guy who will float around the upper echelon similar to frank mir without ever really being considered a top 5 guy.

My money is on a pretty one-sided victory for Reem though. If he loses this fight i may just give up watching heavies much anymore. He’s really the only thing going on there that excites me.

[quote]Khaine wrote:

[quote]Khaine wrote:

Youve met him?

[/quote]

Yeah, Olympia expo.

I’m just saying, recovering from 4 weight workouts OR 4 combat workouts a week is hard enough. Doing both, while maintaining that weight at that bodyfat, without getting injured or burned out just doesn’t seem realistic to me. Even with his superstar genetics. Again, speculation, my experince, law of averages. Just don’t see it.

TRT could be the difference maker, but as Robert points out, that’s not natural, nor do I know enough about it to say how much it’ll affect recovery.[/quote]

I agree with you. I have a hard enough time recovering from 6 workouts a week and my work schedule. However, i am also NOT in a position where i can eat 8-10 quality meals a day, sleep at least 8 hours a night AND take a 2 hour nap in the middle of the day. So its hard to say. But im sure TRT makes a difference. Several other guys have stated (such as Rampage) that they feel 10 years younger on it.

All thats happened is he would’ve fixed his schedule and learned to taper off correctly to come clean on tests.

Victor Conte (of BALCO scandal infamy) spoke about this on Rogan’s podcast, the testing procedures are a joke to a clued in athlete. Alistair has had his scare, he will be much more careful now, or cunning if you prefer.

TRT is one thing. What guys like Alistair do is blast supraphysiological dosages while in training camp, then taper off to next to nothing before the fight. And if Conte is to be believed on these matters, the peak performance is actually seen when the athlete comes off the drug, not while they are on massive dosages (he explained this by saying there is a period where all the strength gains are maintained, but the athlete is more explosive/faster because of a normal fluid balance). So the idea that because his testosterone levels have come back in the normal range means that hes not abusing testosterone doesn’t hold much merit IMO.

Now that said - I don’t give a fuck. If steroids produce exciting athletes like him, feed the cunts the fucking dbols please. I have a hard time demonizing someone for trying to make the best of their career, in a career where his competitors are also very likely to be using drugs.

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:
All thats happened is he would’ve fixed his schedule and learned to taper off correctly to come clean on tests.

Victor Conte (of BALCO scandal infamy) spoke about this on Rogan’s podcast, the testing procedures are a joke to a clued in athlete. Alistair has had his scare, he will be much more careful now, or cunning if you prefer.

TRT is one thing. What guys like Alistair do is blast supraphysiological dosages while in training camp, then taper off to next to nothing before the fight. And if Conte is to be believed on these matters, the peak performance is actually seen when the athlete comes off the drug, not while they are on massive dosages (he explained this by saying there is a period where all the strength gains are maintained, but the athlete is more explosive/faster because of a normal fluid balance). So the idea that because his testosterone levels have come back in the normal range means that hes not abusing testosterone doesn’t hold much merit IMO.

Now that said - I don’t give a fuck. If steroids produce exciting athletes like him, feed the cunts the fucking dbols please. I have a hard time demonizing someone for trying to make the best of their career, in a career where his competitors are also very likely to be using drugs.[/quote]

Do you think its possible to blast and taper off that many times successfully over a period of 6.5 months though? They said he was tested 7 times, some of those tests random. Still seems like it would be extremely risky to do in that short of a time period.

Also, i agree with the last part of your post. Cheat, just dont get caught. If you arent using, its quite likely you are giving your opponent an advantage.

Now that said - I don’t give a fuck. If steroids produce exciting athletes like him, feed the cunts the fucking dbols please. I have a hard time demonizing someone for trying to make the best of their career, in a career where his competitors are also very likely to be using drugs.[/quote]

Do you think its possible to blast and taper off that many times successfully over a period of 6.5 months though? They said he was tested 7 times, some of those tests random. Still seems like it would be extremely risky to do in that short of a time period.

Also, i agree with the last part of your post. Cheat, just dont get caught. If you arent using, its quite likely you are giving your opponent an advantage. [/quote]

Well, one thing we all learned from the Nate Marquardt TRT debacle is that a lot of these guys have physicians who are completely comfortable being the Physician of Record for scripts of high doses of test during intense training. Nate was unable to fight because he had high test levels too close to the fight, and he was cut for not knowing better, but he was never called to the mat for being “on”.

If the NSAC has a Dr. saying that the test is under his orders is it still considered “dirty”? Countermanding a Dr’s orders with regards to “health” is usually done with caution.

Regards,

Robert A

Also, i agree with the last part of your post. Cheat, just dont get caught. If you arent using, its quite likely you are giving your opponent an advantage. [/quote]

Well, one thing we all learned from the Nate Marquardt TRT debacle is that a lot of these guys have physicians who are completely comfortable being the Physician of Record for scripts of high doses of test during intense training. Nate was unable to fight because he had high test levels too close to the fight, and he was cut for not knowing better, but he was never called to the mat for being “on”.

If the NSAC has a Dr. saying that the test is under his orders is it still considered “dirty”? Countermanding a Dr’s orders with regards to “health” is usually done with caution.

Regards,

Robert A