Overeem Deadlifting a Skid

Wasnt sure where to ask this, but this is kinda strongman stuff and I think people on here would have the most knowledge.

There is Alistair Overeem “deadlifting” 660lbs/300kg on some type of strongman/skid apparatus lol whatever you would call it.

Because of leverage issues etc, how much do you think he is actually deadlifting there? 450lbs? Im sure some of you guys have used something like that and could shed some light on it.

Thanks in advance and sorry for posting such a weird question…

http://www.prowriststraps.com/car_deadlift_truck_deadlift_bar

Or you can pretty easily make one.

actual weight of a “car deadlift” is pretty much a guess. and since its on a fulcrum the leverage is of course different depending on someones height.

The weird thing about that is they where facing the apparatus which I think would make for an awkward and harder pull as you are not leaning back with it but forward.

Just from looking at it, I’d say the weight he lifted was 1/2 the entire weight of the sled, assuming the center of mass was at the half way point of the lever arm.

Anyone know who those powerlifters with Overeem are?

^ Simon Sulaiman, Holland’s strongest man 2009.

[quote]Kalle wrote:
actual weight of a “car deadlift” is pretty much a guess. and since its on a fulcrum the leverage is of course different depending on someones height.

The weird thing about that is they where facing the apparatus which I think would make for an awkward and harder pull as you are not leaning back with it but forward. [/quote]

Lotta guys think facing in makes it easier… Never done it myself, but I can see how, it’s a more athletic movement (exploding forward, etc) and mimics a power squat, etc

[quote]mikey01 wrote:
Just from looking at it, I’d say the weight he lifted was 1/2 the entire weight of the sled, assuming the center of mass was at the half way point of the lever arm.[/quote]

+1

I think 300kg measured at the bar would be pretty accurate. 150kg would be a nice light warm up for that fella, judging by the size of him. Overeem is no little boy, himself.