Overdone Forum Questions (Part MCXVIII)

OK, those who have been here slightly longer than the average: I guess we can all admit to at least 1 stupid question here:-)

To Duff- yep, you’re right, the original post was excessive, and probably intimidating to many a newbie. However (unfortunately) it did bring up some good points, and I (and others I think) were just trying to make the best of a controversial post by suggesting ways of IMPROVING the situation. Is this persecution? I don’t think so. It’s constructive criticism.

The points that I made above stand IMO, but I do admit that perhaps they shouldn’t have been tagged onto the end of this particular initial post. Unfortunately at present this topic is like a red rag to a bull. And with the amount of T around here, we’re all pretty bullish at the best of times.

Life is good. :slight_smile: SRS

STFU newb. If you feel that answering a question is beneath your punk newbie ass don’t answer it.

I didn’t read this whole thread so this may have already been mentioned but I am going to throw this out there anyway. Some questions may come up over and over again, however, keep in mind that the person may just want a fresh perspective. Anyone on here who does there own research knows that new studies are constantly being conducted and as such new information is constantly available. Therefore, it would make sense to rehash old topics of discussion every once and a while just to see if anyone has come across anything new that may be of interest. Lose the elitist attitude. If you feel your knowledge is beyond a thread pass it by, if not open it and you may be able to pick up a fresh perspective on something from an individuals contribution.

Individuals who attempt to copy my tags and do a very, very poor job of it.

MBE: “Putting his sack in sacreligious since 1982.”

I don’t want to steal the thender from TC, Shugs etc but the new forum has a FAQ, heaps of new cool stuff and as Shugs said very different to the present one. It is due to go live very shortly, so chill.

Someone remind me to begin and end my posts with a humor tag (ie, < Humor > , < /Humor > ) next time? I think the “Yes, I Have Read the Weightlifting Snobbery Article” tag would probably be too long…

Yes, you are correct, this post should’ve been in ‘Off Topic’. My bad. However, it was intended solely in an amusing light. If you cannot see it as such, even a little bit, then I think you need to relax. It will, after all, lower your cortisol.

I also agree with The Mage. Oh wait, I am The Mage.

Ike ? Your post was a reference to this forum, so I would think it fits here.

Everyone ? What would be your opinion of splitting off a newbie forum where experienced T-magers (OLDBIES?) could respond and answer beginner questions? Or would that be redundant?

I think of this forum as a great way to share info, and bring beginners up to snuff. But I don’t think it is possible to keep the old questions from popping up here over and over as long as the population of T-men and T-Vixens (ok, I almost said T-Hoes) keeps exploding. This growing population is a good thing. We just need to deal with the growing pains.

“I want to try the steroid diet/training routine but I don’t want to use steroids. Will Mag-10 work instead?”

I like the idea, but I think that a new forum would probably promote too much redundancy. I mean, we already had to remove Bill’s forum because of something like that. It’d probably get too cluttered. Then there is also the question of what determines a ‘newbie’. Some new people recognize they don’t know much (as I did), and do a few months of reading the back issues before they post. Others, who really haven’t put in the groundwork start posting away immediately. Again, I’m not saying every has to spend 3 months in the archives before they can post, but hey… shouldn’t they be doing so anyway?