Overcoming My Retarded Sleep Schedule?

As of late, I’ve been falling asleep at 11am-12pm, waking at 5PM and napping from 11pm to 3AM. College is coming soon and I know that a sleep schedule like this will KILL me.

What must I do to get back on track (ie not sleep 2x a day, fall asleep at 11 wake at 7) ?

Willing to try medications but nothing serious or OTC with out seeing a doctor.

Help please.

[quote]Blackened wrote:
As of late, I’ve been falling asleep at 11am-12pm, waking at 5PM and napping from 11pm to 3AM. College is coming soon and I know that a sleep schedule like this will KILL me.

What must I do to get back on track (ie not sleep 2x a day, fall asleep at 11 wake at 7) ?

Help please.[/quote]

Wtf are you doing with your life that your sleep schedule looks like that…?

[quote]DTP88 wrote:

[quote]Blackened wrote:

Help please.[/quote]

Staying up late, training at weird times, caffeine. :\

Wtf are you doing with your life that your sleep schedule looks like that…?[/quote]

simple. stop sleeping during the day.
go to bed at 11. if you wake up at 3am try to go back to sleep. even if you can’t, still get up at 7am. and don’t sleep during the day!!! did i mention that already? go to bed again at 11 and repeat the process.
don’t fuckin’ sleep during the day!!!

edit: and NO caffeine after 5pm

I have a similar problem… I have a VERY hard time falling asleep. sometimes i reset my sleep schedule by staying up through the entire night and going to bed at like 8pm the next day

[quote]Blackened wrote:

[quote]DTP88 wrote:

[quote]Blackened wrote:

Help please.[/quote]

Staying up late, training at weird times, caffeine. :\

Wtf are you doing with your life that your sleep schedule looks like that…?[/quote]
[/quote]

If you’re not even working, you pretty much have no reason to have such fucked up sleeping habits. I would suggest toughing it out for one afternoon. By that I mean skip your 12-5 sleep… By the time you get to 10 or 11 at night, you’ll be a zombie and you WILL sleep. Cut back on the caffeine, and get all that sleep in at night… when you should be sleeping.

Thats pretty much how I handled fixing my bad sleeping habits :, good luck!

Thanks for the help guys.

My plan is as follows

Slightly large Breakfast-In a few minutes

1 or 2 Hours after-Gym with caffeine-

Beach/biking. Friends will keep me up.

Last whey shake/food at 7PM

Pass out as soon as possible.

Everyone is differnt. Not sure how you changed your schedule to put you off your regular sleep patter. Look back see when it started and think about what you are doing differnt. If your taking caffiene sweet sweet Jesus Juice of the ALL MIGHTY coffee then slow up 5hrs before you go to sleep.

It could be stress
It could be your having to much summer fun
It could just be your a bit off and need to chill a bit

I have suffered from sleep apneia and had to go to the doctor for it I’m good for about 4-5 hrs a night.

[quote]BigDug wrote:
simple. stop sleeping during the day.
go to bed at 11. if you wake up at 3am try to go back to sleep. even if you can’t, still get up at 7am. and don’t sleep during the day!!! did i mention that already? go to bed again at 11 and repeat the process.
don’t fuckin’ sleep during the day!!!

edit: and NO caffeine after 5pm
[/quote]

This will actually work. Don’t sleep during the day. If you must, just take a nap no longer than 45 minutes. Use an alarm and get a secondary back up alarm so you don’t go past a 45 minute nap. The shorter the nap the better.

Dude you have it made.

No matter what I do, I fall asleep around 5-6 am and wake up around 3-4 pm… Even during school nights. Try that for a week and then come here and bitch about it.

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
Dude you have it made.

No matter what I do, I fall asleep around 5-6 am and wake up around 3-4 pm… Even during school nights. Try that for a week and then come here and bitch about it.[/quote]

How do I have it made I pass out at 11 AM and wake at 5 then nap from 11pm to 3 am? Reading comprehension is in question here…

[quote]TD54 wrote:
I have a similar problem… I have a VERY hard time falling asleep. sometimes i reset my sleep schedule by staying up through the entire night and going to bed at like 8pm the next day[/quote]

this works but it is very easy to get back on a horrible sleep pattern if you don’t fix your problem.

I find if i lay down after eating breakfast, i will sleep for 3 more hours which then messes with my sleep schedule and my day. To fix this, i DON’T LAY DOWN AFTER EATING BREAKFAST. In fact, i don’t even sit down to eat breakfast, eat breakfast and leave the house. This is what i have to do to have normal sleeping habits