T Nation

Overcoming Low Confidence

[quote]bulletproof_ wrote:
sawadeekrob wrote:
bulletproof_ wrote:
You need to get fucking dirty with your diet. Go drink a liter of full fat cream on top of everything you eat each day for two months and tell me you haven’t gotten bigger.

YOU ARE A COMPLETE IDIOT!

It’s sarcasm you fool. It’s not meant to be taken literally. The facts remain however:

  1. There’s too many guys on here that weigh a buck fifty, don’t truly understand how to eat more calories than they burn.
  2. There’s too many fools on these forums that try to convince the people mentioned above to follow stupid dietary advice that’s going to ensure they don’t regularly maintain the calorie surplus they need to get bigger.

[/quote]

  1. Maybe the one that weighs 150 is YOU

  2. There are even more fools telling people that if you take steroids you can eat whatever you want and it will all magically turn into muscle.

  3. The only stupid advice I have seen here is coming from your mouth!

GET A LIFE TROLL!!!

[quote]sawadeekrob wrote:
bulletproof_ wrote:
sawadeekrob wrote:
bulletproof_ wrote:
You need to get fucking dirty with your diet. Go drink a liter of full fat cream on top of everything you eat each day for two months and tell me you haven’t gotten bigger.

YOU ARE A COMPLETE IDIOT!

It’s sarcasm you fool. It’s not meant to be taken literally. The facts remain however:

  1. There’s too many guys on here that weigh a buck fifty, don’t truly understand how to eat more calories than they burn.

  2. There’s too many fools on these forums that try to convince the people mentioned above to follow stupid dietary advice that’s going to ensure they don’t regularly maintain the calorie surplus they need to get bigger.

  3. Maybe the one that weighs 150 is YOU

  4. There are even more fools telling people that if you take steroids you can eat whatever you want and it will all magically turn into muscle.

  5. The only stupid advice I have seen here is coming from your mouth!

GET A LIFE TROLL!!![/quote]

  1. No, I’m the one who weighs 250 actually.
  2. No, that’s not true. What does that have to do with anything? I never said that. There’s ten times as many people on these forums telling 6 foot 150 pound lifters to go on the Velocity Diet (substitute with whatever T-Nation fad diet is popular) because they started to lose sight of their lower abs under “all the fat.”
  3. Are you going to argue against my point or are you just going to sit around throwing ad hominem logical fallacies at me?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
bulletproof_ wrote:

This shit is so annoying. No bulking and cutting? Even steroid users commonly do bulking and cutting cycles and they are working with super-human nutrient partitioning. This is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

But don’t forget that ‘superhuman nutrient partitioning’ allows you to get away with eating a lot more ‘dirty’ than a non steroid user.

However I do get the point you are trying to make. People do worry a lot about every calorie and never end up puitting on the mass they claim to want.

I know - I was one of these, lol.

It doesn’t need to be so complicated for a newbie.

Again, I see what you are saying, BUT I think the only truly succesful way for anyone to progress is to know their own body. But that’s further down the road. For a newbie, it should be about eating. Lots of it, but not too dirty.

Then, once you have the experience, you can tinker with macronutrient ratios and amounts, to see what works best for your body, with respect to your goals.

Basically I agree with you, but I also agree with SAW (hey, I’m English, therefore I have a right to sit on the fence, haha). But I think that Your approach is valid for newbies whilst SAWs approach works better for those who know how theri bodytype favours or is intolerant to, certain foodstuffs, and dietary plans.

But that’s just my opinion.

Bushy[/quote]

I very much agree with what you say in this post. Trust me, I don’t eat complete crap myself. In fact, I generally stick to a fairly low carb diet since I genetically have high fasted blood glucose. There comes a point for many when putting on clean weight and a more complex dietary strategy is absolutely necessary.

My comments were meant for those ectomorphs who come on this forum complaining that they just can’t seem to gain weight. They commonly make defensive claim “I AM eating alot.” Well unless “alot” is more calories than you burn, you won’t be gaining weight. If you aren’t gaining weight, you aren’t eating enough calories. PERIOD.
My comments should reflect my belief that these people need to seriously evaluate their calorie intake. How “clean” they are eating is NOT their primary concern. Eat enough calories is.

bodyfat 9.8%. it were 8 when i first joind the site

[quote]sawadeekrob wrote:

  1. You have emotional issues
  2. You are coming off from an injury
  3. You don’t know how to train
  4. You don’t know how to diet
  5. You have no patience
    .
    .
    .
    Steroids are not for you at this time. If you do them you will be in a world of hurt because of the factors I wrote above.

I can give you a better recipe for gains.

Part_A. Work out 6 days per week
A1. 3 days on this workout:

Squats 50reps
OHP 25 reps
Deadlifts 50reps
Dips 30reps
Chins 30 reps

  • Trick is to pick a weight you can first do only for 10 reps and complete all the reps in as many sets as needed. When the last set is above 10 reps up the weight.

A2. The other 3 days you will do a HIIT aerobic routine
30minutes divided into something like this
5min warm-up
15min work = 1min Hard / 2 min low (hard as like your heart will explode)Do this for 5 cycles
10min to get your heart rate back to normal.

After the HIIT work on your rehab routines for shoulder and knee. Finish off with all body flexibility.

Part_B. Nutrition
B1. Meat, Fish, Fowl

  • Figure which of the above you can eat regularly
    ** Select 50g or protein from the above (approx 200g of raw meat or raw fish or raw fowl)

Whenever you feel hungry this you will eat first

B2. Whole wheat bread, Brown Rice, Potatoes, Yams, Fruits and oatmeal

  • Figure which of the above you can eat regularly
    ** Select 30g or protein from the above (approx 120g of the complex carbs above)

B3. Vegetables
Plan on buying 1lb of vegetables (any kind you like) add them to the meat and consume it with it. This is to allow your stomach to process more protein.

B4. Fats
Do not consume anything deep fried, breaded, prepackaged or manufactured in any kind. EFA’s are ok in minimum amounts during the breakfast only.

Part_C. Rest
Figure on going to bed a MINIMUM of 2 hours before midnight. So you will be resting as long as necessary (9 to 11 hours) every day. No exceptions to this rule. The body grows when it is resting not while training or eating.

Now do Parts A, B and C every day from now until this time next year and there is a good chance, with your age and height, of gaining a good 30lb of bodyweight. Most of it will be muscle and if you did the HIIT plus the weight training and rested enough for assimilating the nutrients, you will be faster, bigger and stronger.

This is the best advice I can give you. This is the basic template I used to go from 115lbs to 180lbs naturally in 3 years. (of course you have more discipline and pain tolerance than me so your results may be even bigger).

Consistency and Determination are the key![/quote]

This post can be put in between Corinthians and Ephesians (Bible reference to those heathens out there). This SOOO works I know. The only thing I will add, and this is only from personal experience, is olive oil and peanut butter in shakes at night, and ZMA.

Ok Dude I was in a similar position as you a few years ago. I was playing for Munster B team at under 21 level. Anyway I tried some juice and sure I bulked up a bit and all that but my handling went to shit cause I became side tacked by the weights. I stopped it soon after cause I realized that they were really not nessasary at that age. I mean like even with all the drinking I was doing I was still as horny as a bull and had no problem putting on size. Now when I was about 16 I was always stronger than everyone else on the team and the reason for this was because I knew how to train.
I knew that acting the fla boy down at some fancy fitness centre was’nt gonna do fuck all so I bought a rack and olympic set of weights. I pritty much did notting but deads squats and benching. I could’nt afford suplements so I used to drink gallons of milk. I even used to mix dried milk powder in with it to raise the protein content. Stuff was probly as fatting as whales milk but I stayed lean.

Ok well anyway you dont need roids, if you honestly followed proper lifting and nutritional protocols like dose layed out by previous posters and still have not made gains then you need to look for something else to do with your live. Unfortunatly like the “physic clinic” has shown us, not everyone is cut out for the iron game.