Over Half Way to Goal

[quote]kimbakimba wrote:
I am not as carb sensitive as you are. But your experience mirrors mine. Ditching the pasta, bread, cookies etc. was the difference between being lean or not. I don’t really miss them, but do indulge every now and again.[/quote]

Well lean is my goal so it looks like I’ll have to limit them. I have found the last couple of months that I don’t even add the brown rice a couple of days when I can. When I do choose to indulge I enjoy them much more than when I was stuffing them down mindlessly.

^ ya, that!

See, I told you! These chicks go crazy over here with the talking. You’ll pick up a lot of good inspiration and info in this log. Congrats on the progress…that is really remarkable.

50 you say? Cougar status!!! lol

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
See, I told you! These chicks go crazy over here with the talking. You’ll pick up a lot of good inspiration and info in this log. Congrats on the progress…that is really remarkable.

50 you say? Cougar status!!! lol[/quote]

Thanks Ct! Um yeah I was a Cougar in my 40’s before Demi made it popular :slight_smile:

Today’s work out. My trainer cancelled and we were going to start a new program. So, I took a friend over and we did a circuit I designed last week when he cancelled the class I take. Circuit:

2 rounds of 30 seconds of each movement, 30 seconds rest.
1 round of 40 seconds of each movement, 20 seconds rest.

Kettlebell swings
Push ups
40 lb back squats
40 lb Romanian DL
Mountain climbers
25 lb bent over rows
Sprints

We were soaked in sweat and sucking wind pretty badly at the end of the third round. Excellent!

How many days per week do you meet with your trainer? I meet with mine once per week, and he has only canceled on me last minute one time in almost two years of working together.

But good on you for regrouping and using your training time wisely.

[quote]kimbakimba wrote:
How many days per week do you meet with your trainer? I meet with mine once per week, and he has only canceled on me last minute one time in almost two years of working together.

But good on you for regrouping and using your training time wisely.[/quote]

When I signed the one year contract we set up 8 sessions per month. Two months ago he added a group high intensity fat burning class which is also two times per week.

We’re 8 months into the one-on-one contract and it seems every 2-3 months he goes through a stage where he cancels 3, 4 sessions in a row. I tried to ask him about it yesterday and got a scathing email back. Glad to hear your trainer is dependable. As it should be :slight_smile:

Hi attydeb!

That circuit sounds killer! Good stuff and great progress thus far.

I also highly recommend the Cosgrove/Schuler book New Rules…seriously changed my body!

Scathing? SCATHING? Woah. Awesome client management skillz (not). If you or I treated our clients that way, well we’d have a bit of trouble staying in business.

Ah well. If he is a good trainer and if your options are limited, there are worse problems to have.

[quote]kimbakimba wrote:
Scathing? SCATHING? Woah. Awesome client management skillz (not). If you or I treated our clients that way, well we’d have a bit of trouble staying in business.

Ah well. If he is a good trainer and if your options are limited, there are worse problems to have.[/quote]

Scathing doesn’t begin to cover it. I’m on my way over to talk to the gym manager and the PT manager. I believe they will cancel the contract for me once they read the part that said “so get the fuck over it.” Not good client relations at all!

My COO asked if I’m afraid I can’t keep the training up without him and I said no. He asked if I’m afraid I’ll backslide and I said no way in HELL. I did ALL the work – he gave me direction.

Wow, this trainer of yours must think he’s god’s gift. That’s a great way to lose clients. Besides, it sounds like you’re at the point where you know what you need to do to succeed - so why pay someone who’s going to be so unreliable?

[quote]RBlue wrote:
Wow, this trainer of yours must think he’s god’s gift. That’s a great way to lose clients. Besides, it sounds like you’re at the point where you know what you need to do to succeed - so why pay someone who’s going to be so unreliable?[/quote]

Agreed. He’s young. He’s been at it a year at this facility and I would say he is the best one they have. Unfortunately, he has become quite full of himself and thinks he can get away with whatever he likes. sigh

I had a feeling he was a douche…that’s really too bad and totally unprofessional!! I hope they let you out of the contract…
…It’s trainers like that are messing it up, cause there’s people like me who are just starting out, PRAYING for more clients like you! :slight_smile:

It’s imperative that you share that email with the gym’s management. I used to work for a gym and know that no gym should employ a trainer who treats his clients that way, regardless of how “good” he is. Ultimately, the gym will lose clients if he continues in that vein.

I’m sorry, Deb, but he has so got to go.

[quote]Mascherano wrote:
Hi attydeb!

That circuit sounds killer! Good stuff and great progress thus far.

I also highly recommend the Cosgrove/Schuler book New Rules…seriously changed my body![/quote]

THanks Masch! I have the book! I recommended it to Greeny the other day :slight_smile:

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
It’s imperative that you share that email with the gym’s management. I used to work for a gym and know that no gym should employ a trainer who treats his clients that way, regardless of how “good” he is. Ultimately, the gym will lose clients if he continues in that vein.

I’m sorry, Deb, but he has so got to go.[/quote]

Thanks Kpsnap. I just came from a meeting with the manager. I am going back tomorrow to meet with the manager and the PT manager together. They are willing to either tear up the contract or let me choose from the new 6 guys they are bringing on board. The manager told me my guy is in the hot seat right now. I do love him but no one treats me that way.

The manager has only been on board for 3 months and he’s been going through each department and replacing staff to his satisfaction. PT is next! I tell you, a year ago I would have taken his crap. He made me strong enough to get rid of him :frowning:

Here’s my 185. He may pull the video since I let him go.

Great pull.

Yup. No one tells you to “get the fuck over it”. That young 'un needs to learn some lessons.

atty: we all do our own vids around here and post them on you tube. That’s really easy to replace. You don’t need a camera man.

[quote]nlmain wrote:
atty: we all do our own vids around here and post them on you tube. That’s really easy to replace. You don’t need a camera man.[/quote]

Yeah nlmain I’m gonna have to upgrade on the cam for that!