Over Developed Chest & Front Delts

[quote]Andrewdwatters1 wrote:

[quote]pats18 wrote:
Deads are gonna hit primarily your lower back, glutes, hammies and some upper back. They might not hit your upper back as well as you might like, but I would still start with them.

I try to think of it like this: Do your exercises that you lift the most total weight on first.

For example: On your back day, if those are your three exercises the best order to do them in imo would be: deads, pullups, rows. This will still hit your upper back just as well as doing deads last, if not better[/quote]
I hear what your saying, however ive had the same problem with triceps. I coudnt feel the triceps working on the closed grip bench. so what i did was pushdowns, 15,12,10,8, in order to get my triceps pumped. then i would do skull crushers, followed by the closed grip bench. i was then able to feel the triceps working. Now i moved closed grip bench up to my second exercise. and eventually it will be my first exercise. [/quote]

Just because you don’t feel them doesn’t mean they’re not working. Or inversely, just because you feel them more doesn’t necessarily mean you’re working them better.

Also, we’re not talking about your triceps here are we? Your back is very different[/quote]
With all do respect man, im sure you know that strength is a function of the nervous system. if curtain muscle are fireing during a movment pattern. to me in order to recruit less dominant muscles into a patern, I believe that you have to have that mind muscle connection.

Thanks for the tips guys. Just hit deadlifts today. i felt like a pussy pulling 135 for 3 sets of 8. i would just stop when my form broke down. i felt like i could of did 225 maybe more but that would be with really bad form. my shoulders tend to hunch forward the heavyer i go so im sticking to the light weights for now.

Deadlift often to start. If you are not used to them, there are schools that advocate doing them even as frequently as daily. Get to know the movement. Pulling ratio should not even include the sets you deadlift. For back, vertical pulling with palms facing, shoulder width grip. Do not let the movement be a momentum movement. Do horizontal pulling. Same concept. Move the weight.

Face pulls using the rope and a palms facing grip. You could do these laying on the ground and grind it so you can use the ground as a momentary isometric pull. Do you have access to a pullover machine? IF you do, don’t do these like a weighted crunch. Pull as if you were trying to lift the mid chest higher, strongly arching your back.

You just have to get the work in. You’ll be fine. Don’t stop chest. Just reduce it to 1/2 the training volume of your back or less.

[quote]pats18 wrote:

[quote]pats18 wrote:
Deads are gonna hit primarily your lower back, glutes, hammies and some upper back. They might not hit your upper back as well as you might like, but I would still start with them.

I try to think of it like this: Do your exercises that you lift the most total weight on first.

For example: On your back day, if those are your three exercises the best order to do them in imo would be: deads, pullups, rows. This will still hit your upper back just as well as doing deads last, if not better[/quote]
I hear what your saying, however ive had the same problem with triceps. I coudnt feel the triceps working on the closed grip bench. so what i did was pushdowns, 15,12,10,8, in order to get my triceps pumped. then i would do skull crushers, followed by the closed grip bench. i was then able to feel the triceps working. Now i moved closed grip bench up to my second exercise. and eventually it will be my first exercise. [/quote]

Just because you don’t feel them doesn’t mean they’re not working. Or inversely, just because you feel them more doesn’t necessarily mean you’re working them better.

Also, we’re not talking about your triceps here are we? Your back is very different[/quote]
With all do respect man, im sure you know that strength is a function of the nervous system. if curtain muscle are fireing during a movment pattern. to me in order to recruit less dominant muscles into a patern, I believe that you have to have that mind muscle connection.
[/quote]

You never mentioned strength being the issue, you said you were looking to balance posture issues and wanted to “feel” certain exercises in certain body parts more.

Red Herring

Glad you can quote facts, but please learn English if you want people to take you seriously; especially if they are trying to help you.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
Deadlift often to start. If you are not used to them, there are schools that advocate doing them even as frequently as daily. Get to know the movement. Pulling ratio should not even include the sets you deadlift. For back, vertical pulling with palms facing, shoulder width grip. Do not let the movement be a momentum movement. Do horizontal pulling. Same concept. Move the weight.

Face pulls using the rope and a palms facing grip. You could do these laying on the ground and grind it so you can use the ground as a momentary isometric pull. Do you have access to a pullover machine? IF you do, don’t do these like a weighted crunch. Pull as if you were trying to lift the mid chest higher, strongly arching your back.

You just have to get the work in. You’ll be fine. Don’t stop chest. Just reduce it to 1/2 the training volume of your back or less. [/quote]
You pretty much decribed my routine perfectly. i do deadlifts followed by wide grip row. followed by face pulls. i dont pullovers tho. i did this routine thursday. i plan on doing a couple sets of deadlift with 135 once again sunday. followed by my a couple sets of bench pressing. and my tricep routine. i plan on dealifting with very light weight for a while to truly master the form.

[quote]pats18 wrote:

[quote]pats18 wrote:

[/quote]

You never mentioned strength being the issue, you said you were looking to balance posture issues and wanted to “feel” certain exercises in certain body parts more.

Red Herring

Glad you can quote facts, but please learn English if you want people to take you seriously; especially if they are trying to help you.
[/quote]
i never was good at english, i was always damm smart at writeing though, guess i should get an editer. but honestly no one is forceing you to help me, didnt know you were grading me here on spelling.

[quote]pats18 wrote:

[quote]pats18 wrote:

[quote]pats18 wrote:

[/quote]

Red Herring

[/quote]
i never was good at english, i was always damm smart at writeing though, guess i should get an editer. but honestly no one is forceing you to help me, didnt know you were grading me here on spelling.[/quote]
Also the deadlift it self uses many muscles to move the weight henc compound movment. if the upper back muscles are weak, other muscle groups tend to take over, such as hams, glutes, lower back. My goal is posture of or thurastic exstension in the upper back(dont know if i spelt that right) if the lower back is takeing over maybe preworking the upper lats/traps will allow me to recruit the upper back here. Now im not saying your wrong, actually i am doing deadlifts first. however You cant deny that there is some truth to the pump and the mind muscle conection. Many bodybuiulders preach and practice pre-fatigueing the muscle. sorry if I spelt any of this wrong.