T Nation

Over-Developed Brachialis

the brachialis on my right arm seems to be overdeveloped. So much so that when I’m curling any weight, it seems to take the majority of the work causing my bicep on that side to be smaller than my left, (it doesn’t have a nice peak). But I can curl the same amount with both arms. It may just be that my right arm is different from my left structurally. I’m ambidextrous so the “dominant arm” doesn’t explain this.

Anybody know anything?

Picture

Age, weight and height

Years working out

Pertinant info would help

[quote]JFG wrote:
Picture

Age, weight and height

Years working out

[/quote]

these pics are from about 2 years ago, you cant really see it that well right now because im bulking.

19, 195lbs,5’9
(in the pic i weigh about 175)

4 years working out seriously

[quote]JFG wrote:
Picture

Age, weight and height

Years working out

[/quote]

the one with the tattoo is the normal one

i know i was small then lol

I’m ambidextrous as well, but we still have a preferred arm. My preferred arm is the right, my guess is that the fine motor skills in the right arm are more developed and hence you can feel it in other areas more. I had this same problem. I just did sets of 30 reps to get the pump in the bicep and then moved along the rack as far as weight goes.

And by the way you’re probably going to the “your entire body is underdeveloped” speech from everyone else. Just a heads up.

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:
I’m ambidextrous as well, but we still have a preferred arm. My preferred arm is the right, my guess is that the fine motor skills in the right arm are more developed and hence you can feel it in other areas more. I had this same problem. I just did sets of 30 reps to get the pump in the bicep and then moved along the rack as far as weight goes.

And by the way you’re probably going to the “your entire body is underdeveloped” speech from everyone else. Just a heads up. [/quote]

ive put on 20 lbs of muscle since those pics while maintaining a nice 6 pack,

Start every movement thinking about your weaker side and concentrate on flexing that side more then your right. You didn’t get this way overnight. Its not going to go away overnight. Expect a 1-1.5 year time frame of focusing on your weaker side EVERY SINGLE REP. Commence raising the weight with it first. Lower with it first. Always squeeze the weaker side as hard as you can at the peak of the movement. You need to make the nerve pathways as strong on the left as years of favoring the right for fine motor skills. Really think and focus on the muscle.

That being said try elbows about 3 ins apart on the preacher bench DB curls, hands out at shoulder width, and false grip (thumbs on same side of handle as fingers) to target more brachialis. fully uncurl your wrists at the bottom and then completely contract them before beginning the curl

Unilateral work. Medium to high rep ranges, stuff like concentration curls, hammer curls, etc, with DBs and KBs, or cables. Limit your strong side to the same amount of reps as the weak side, they should even out within a few weeks/months if you stick with it with purpose.

Really don’t think you need to worry too much.

[quote]Blawrence1988 wrote:

you cant really see it that well right now because im bulking.

[/quote]

What? You said you’ve added 20lbs while maintaining a 6 pack…

[quote]The Rattler wrote:

[/quote]

What? You said you’ve added 20lbs while maintaining a 6 pack…[/quote]

Sorry Brah.

We are gonna need updated pics then. Why do the underdeveloped always revert to the “Yeah, that was 2 years and 20 lbs ago.”??

Very trite.

Isn’t it pointless to show pictures that are 2 years old?

Get some new pictures.

[quote]sexyxe wrote:
Isn’t it pointless to show pictures that are 2 years old?

Get some new pictures.

[/quote]
x2. And I don’t really see any overdevelopment in those pics.

christ.

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:
christ.[/quote]
this

Really? 2day pics and we may be able to help. but tbh dont see a issue at this early in ur development.

[/quote]

I juiced a couple times in those 2 years

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

[/quote]

Sorry Brah.

We are gonna need updated pics then. Why do the underdeveloped always revert to the “Yeah, that was 2 years and 20 lbs ago.”??

Very trite.[/quote]

I’ve juiced twice and I’m 19, no matter how small I was before, i wouldn’t still be that size.

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

[/quote]

Sorry Brah.

Very trite.[/quote]

I’ve juiced twice and I’m 19, no matter how small I was before, i wouldn’t still be that size.
[/quote]

Then why not just post updated pics?

I don’t understand people asking, “oh I have this problem with my physique, here’s some pictures of me from years ago, surely they’ll be enough for you to help me with my current problem!” Even with a little more fat on you, it’s much more useful than horribly outdated pics.

[quote]anonanon wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

[/quote]

Sorry Brah.

Very trite.[/quote]

[/quote]

Then why not just post updated pics?

I don’t understand people asking, “oh I have this problem with my physique, here’s some pictures of me from years ago, surely they’ll be enough for you to help me with my current problem!” Even with a little more fat on you, it’s much more useful than horribly outdated pics.
[/quote]

I honestly keep trying to take new pics and they just don’t do a justice, my phone has a shitty camera, if I was flexing you could tell in person. Its been pissing me off trust me lol.