T Nation

Over 50 First Cycle Test e + Dbol Questions

Hey guys, new to the site and getting ready to run my first ever cycle at the end of the month as I'm still trying to get my BF% down to at least 15% I do have a couple of questions and since I'm a noob, I'm open to suggestions, tweaks etc. Let me first give you a little background:

Stats:

Weight: 208lbs
BF: 19%
Height: 5' 9"
Training: 3 years seriously training, but 5 all together
Goals: 15 -20lbs muscle
Never pinned before

Cycle:

Weeks
1-10 Test E: 500mg EW
1-4 Dianabol: 30mg ED
1-10 Arimidex: 0.25mg ED

PCT:
Weeks
12-16 Torem: 90mg/60mg/60mg/30mg
10-11 HCG 500iu ED

Questions:

My major concern is the fact that I'm 50. I did some searching, but I don't see much in terms of 50 year olds sticking for the first time, so let me apologize in advance if the answers to my questions already exists. I couldn't find them, honestly.

1.I'm already in possession of my test e and Dbol. Unfortunately, I do not have access to pharm grade Arimidex or Torem, so I have no choice but to go with the liquid stuff. Thoughts?

2.I've never cycled, so I can't say whether I'm prone to gyno or not. Should I take the Arimidex throughout, or wait until I feel some weirdness in my nipples?

3.I've read repeatedly that one should have a bf of 15% or under before running a test e cycle. I've busted my ass trying to get my bf down, but hit a brick wall. My rationale for starting it anyway is that, putting on a few pounds of lean mass will help lower my bf in the long run. Bad idea?

4.Although I look like I'm in my 30's, the truth is, I'm 50 and my body reminds me of that shit regularly. How does this factor in on my pursuit of muscle? Should I be adding something to my cycle as a precaution?

Lastly, I was thinking of taking something for the liver throughout. NAC good enough?

I'm looking forward to hearing your responses. And again, if this topic and questions have been covered ad nauseam, I apologize.

RicanStruction

[quote]RicanStruction wrote:
Hey guys, new to the site and getting ready to run my first ever cycle at the end of the month as I’m still trying to get my BF% down to at least 15% I do have a couple of questions and since I’m a noob, I’m open to suggestions, tweaks etc. Let me first give you a little background:

Stats:

Height: 5’ 9"
Never pinned before

Cycle:

Weeks

PCT:
Weeks
10-11 HCG 500iu ED

Questions:

My major concern is the fact that I’m 50. I did some searching, but I don’t see much in terms of 50 year olds sticking for the first time, so let me apologize in advance if the answers to my questions already exists. I couldn’t find them, honestly.

1.I’m already in possession of my test e and Dbol. Unfortunately, I do not have access to pharm grade Arimidex or Torem, so I have no choice but to go with the liquid stuff. Thoughts?

2.I’ve never cycled, so I can’t say whether I’m prone to gyno or not. Should I take the Arimidex throughout, or wait until I feel some weirdness in my nipples?

3.I’ve read repeatedly that one should have a bf of 15% or under before running a test e cycle. I’ve busted my ass trying to get my bf down, but hit a brick wall. My rationale for starting it anyway is that, putting on a few pounds of lean mass will help lower my bf in the long run. Bad idea?

4.Although I look like I’m in my 30’s, the truth is, I’m 50 and my body reminds me of that shit regularly. How does this factor in on my pursuit of muscle? Should I be adding something to my cycle as a precaution?

Lastly, I was thinking of taking something for the liver throughout. NAC good enough?

I’m looking forward to hearing your responses. And again, if this topic and questions have been covered ad nauseam, I apologize.

RicanStruction

[/quote]

1. liquids are fine

2. take it throughout

3. you’re fine, there is no magic body fat % number

4. can you be more specific as to your issue(s)? joint problems? arthritis?

5. if you have a healthy liver, you’re fine without the liver supplement, but they are cheap so why not take it anyway

Since enanthate is longer acting, you might want to run AI a couple weeks after your last injection before starting pct.

I’ll leave comments on hcg to others.

Keep close eye on blood pressure and at 50 you should just go in trt afterwards then you don’t have to worry about pct

[quote]RicanStruction wrote:
Hey guys, new to the site and getting ready to run my first ever cycle at the end of the month as I’m still trying to get my BF% down to at least 15% I do have a couple of questions and since I’m a noob, I’m open to suggestions, tweaks etc. Let me first give you a little background:

Stats:

Height: 5’ 9"
Never pinned before

Cycle:

Weeks

PCT:
Weeks
10-11 HCG 500iu ED

Questions:

My major concern is the fact that I’m 50. I did some searching, but I don’t see much in terms of 50 year olds sticking for the first time, so let me apologize in advance if the answers to my questions already exists. I couldn’t find them, honestly.

1.I’m already in possession of my test e and Dbol. Unfortunately, I do not have access to pharm grade Arimidex or Torem, so I have no choice but to go with the liquid stuff. Thoughts?

2.I’ve never cycled, so I can’t say whether I’m prone to gyno or not. Should I take the Arimidex throughout, or wait until I feel some weirdness in my nipples?

3.I’ve read repeatedly that one should have a bf of 15% or under before running a test e cycle. I’ve busted my ass trying to get my bf down, but hit a brick wall. My rationale for starting it anyway is that, putting on a few pounds of lean mass will help lower my bf in the long run. Bad idea?

4.Although I look like I’m in my 30’s, the truth is, I’m 50 and my body reminds me of that shit regularly. How does this factor in on my pursuit of muscle? Should I be adding something to my cycle as a precaution?

I’m looking forward to hearing your responses. And again, if this topic and questions have been covered ad nauseam, I apologize.

RicanStruction

[/quote]

i’d suggest getting blood work as a baseline. it’s a good idea in general, and you’re a little older than the average AAS user.

at your age, you might be getting close to being eligible for TRT, in general. if you are, it might be easier to just transition on to that afterwards, like KM said…

if not, then i’d re-do your PCT. it is very common that people suggest a month’s worth of a SERM, but to be quite honest, that is rarely sufficient. Tore is effective at 60 mg/day for 12 weeks. if you need to, you could easily run it that long. at a minimum, i’d run it at least 6 weeks…

i’d also echo BBQ’s advice about running the A-dex into PCT… even though the blood levels are going down, they are still higher than what your body is used to. you might want to start the A-dex at .25 mg EOD to start with, though. as long as you start it right away, adjusting the dose isn’t as challenging…

also, while D-bol will clearly increase your gains, if this is your first cycle, i don’t really think you need it to see some massive changes…

for more info on PCT, i’d suggest reading through this: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_gear/thoughts_on_planning_pct

Thanks BBQ. No real issues. Just prone to tendonitis. I may just go back to taking glucosamine on a regular.

[quote]kenny-mccormick wrote:
Keep close eye on blood pressure and at 50 you should just go in trt afterwards then you don’t have to worry about pct[/quote]

Great advice. I never thought of trt post cycle. Thanks!

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

it is very common that people suggest a month’s worth of a SERM, but to be quite honest, that is rarely sufficient. Tore is effective at 60 mg/day for 12 weeks. if you need to, you could easily run it that long. at a minimum, i’d run it at least 6 weeks…

i’d also echo BBQ’s advice about running the A-dex into PCT… even though the blood levels are going down, they are still higher than what your body is used to. you might want to start the A-dex at .25 mg EOD to start with, though. as long as you start it right away, adjusting the dose isn’t as challenging…

also, while D-bol will clearly increase your gains, if this is your first cycle, i don’t really think you need it to see some massive changes…

for more info on PCT, i’d suggest reading through this: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_gear/thoughts_on_planning_pct
[/quote]

Awesome. I will follow your suggestions. Since it’s a strong possibility that I will go on another cycle in the future, I’ll save the Dbol for the next go round. I thought I was going to get tore a new one for posting this, especially after reading FuriousGeorge’s excellent Steroid Newbie Cycle Planning thread, but there’s clearly issues to consider for those my age that are not always addressed in general posts. Thanks again!