Over 35 Lifter Trying to Shred Fat

Hi folks, first time poster, long time reader here…

I am 37 years (1.79m/104kg/25BF/80 kg lean mass), been lifting for 14 years already, non stop but doing not so good eating choices. Last year I moved to Australia and got here at 94 kg around 15% BF, feeling great, I was doing 4 sessions of bike training followed by weight lifting.

Since I moved I gained 10 kg (10%bf), I had a dexa scan yesterday and showed me that I am currently 80 kg lean and 25 kg on fat tissue. I have been on a 1800-2000 calorie diet for the last 4 weeks but havent seen much progress.

I really wanted to cut some fat and retain muscle mass (who doesnt right lol), I could do the easiest and go directly to only cardio with light weight lifting and expect fat loss as I used to do in the past.

Now, I am doing the following split
Mondays - stronglift + heavy weight training + 30 min cardio @ 150-160 BPM (during whole workout)
Tues: heavy weight training + 30 min cardio @ 150-160 BPM
Wed: stronglift + heavy weight training + 30 min cardio @ 150-160 BPM (during whole workout)
Thur: heavy weight training + 30 min cardio @ 150-160 BPM
Friday: off
Sat: stronglift + heavy weight training + 30 min cardio @ 150-160 BPM (during whole workout)
Sun: off

I just started taking anavar @ 60 MG everyday (30 am + 30 pm). Dieting @ 2000 (120g prot/100g carbs / 90g fat) cal every day (tracking everything and prepping meals in advanced). This is my first week and still have to see the gains.

My dexa scan showed that I have fat on my mid section and thighs.Still I heard that dexa is not 100% accurate because in the mornings I can see the grills on my upper mid section, so I think its more around 20% bf than 25.

I am freaking frustrated that I cant lose fat, as a young kid I was fat. So there is precedence.

Any advices?

thanks,

I’m 40, I feel your frustration. I was there once.

You need to consult a nutritionist.

Lean is all about diet.

And WTF with the var?? You are making things worse for yourself. Test 250 is an HRT dose and the basis for anything. That is actually very dependent on the person as well. 400mg cyp a week puts me at 1120 on a scale of 400-1080. If you aren’t going to train natural or your levels are low you start with test, not an 17AA DHT oral. 60mg isn’t going to do much by itself anyhow.

YOu can’t lose fat because of your diet. Simple as that. total calories is only a piece of the puzzle.

Losing fat is mostly diet. The quality of carbs and fat matters too. Best to avoid processed carbs. For training I would suggest 3 full body sessions focusing on farmers walk (medium heavy 40 mins) and medium weights for 45 mins. Off days walking.

1 Like