Over 30 Lifter/Help

i work out to fight obesity.My dad and mothers side are huge.Ive been working out sience 1995.I also came from an abusive home so i use that rage in the gym.The rage is just for the gym.I never take it outside the gym.I dont want people to think im some kind of physo…Im looking for any kind of help you guys can give me.Hes last weeks rotuine.
Chest,pre-exhaust peck-deck and cableflies
4sets of 10-15.flat bench 4sets 8-12reps,incline bench 4sets 8-10reps superset with decline machine.decline D.B super set w/ flat d.b press.I like to end my chest routine with reverse grip incline bench.I go as heavy as my body will go.

Back,warm up with behind the neck pull down 4sets 10-15reps no heavier then 200.front wide grip pull downs 4sets 8-10reps up to 280.i like to rotate wide grip pull ups.close grip pull down 4sets 8-10reps,d.b rows 4sets 8-12 reps.i’m really happy to say i’ve made it up to the 150d.b row with good form for 2sets of 12.close grip low row 4sets 6-10reps ending with lat pull downs.

legs,squat 4sets up to 420 for 6.leg press 5sets 10-30 reps.i do a pump on the first set 30 reps.then 4 sets 8-12 rep super heavy.straight legged deadlift.4sets 8-12 reps.im back up to 405 for 8reps 2sets.

shoulders,pre-exhaust.side late raise.front lat raise d.b and barbell.seated d.b press.front smith press,rear military press i do all of my shoulder work out up to 5-6sets 8-15reps.

Arms,i like to bic’s&trie’s,warmup 5sets 10-20reps tri push down superset w/d.b hammer curl.preacher curls 4sets 8-12 reps.seated d.b curls 4sets 8-12 reps.laying high cable curl 4sets 10-15 reps super set w/high cable tri exten.and to end it d.b preacher curl.ending with weighted dips.

I did it friday and a saturday.Well saturday i was with the wife.so i had to show off.and i increase my protein intake big time when i do dumb stuff like that.
I go heavy on everything.every day wide open or nothing.
I’m a bit crazy,but i like it.Like i said before if anyone can help please feel free.

…help what? You didn’t say what your problem is…

Im new to all this.always looking to do something diffrent.My problem is the same as every one in here…To get huge and lean.Over all goal is to be 260 at 10% body fat.

[quote]SuperBeast74 wrote:
Im new to all this.always looking to do something diffrent.My problem is the same as every one in here…To get huge and lean.Over all goal is to be 260 at 10% body fat.[/quote]

Well if you were 300lbs. at 17%BF the advice would be alot different than if you’re 200lbs. at 8%BF wouldn’t it? I don’t see how you can expect someone to “help you” if you’re not giving us any more information.

Long posts are good, if they answer questions like what your age, height, weight, BF%, years training, how the current workout is working/not working, what you’ve done in the past, etc. etc.

Be specific.

I’m not sure what to say to a guy who’s been training through his prime muscle building years having started in 1995, 32 years old now and who is also “still new to all this and looking to get huge”.

No offense friend, but you waited a helluva long time to decide you didn’t know how to train.

Hey, Just want to let you know there is a number of us that workout with SuperBeast. He is a great workout partner and very knowledgeable. Always willing to help you out and push you to the max when you need it. Sometimes when he thinks you need it.:slight_smile:
SuperBeast will have to give you the specifics he needs answered, but just wanted you to know he is incredibly knowledgeable and knows his sh!t!!
Diana

well i posted last weeks routine.doesnt everone train that way?it works im getting stronger.short term goals are being meet.I look at myself and see no size.I did train through my 20’s.I see people on this site that have been at it for two years and there ripped.

my info is 32.started in 1995 ive trained as hard as i can every time i got to the gym.i dream my work outs for godsake.im 255 now not really all that big.i figure about 20%b.f its like i hit a mental wall.best bench 405,best squat 550,best one arm d.b 110.all for reps.

right now at 32 best squat is 542,best benchis 300 and my preacher curl will be verry soon up to 200.all for reps.still no size.thats my problem.im trying to load pics for show and tell.

I did it friday and a saturday…I go heavy on everything.every day wide open or nothing.
I’m a bit crazy,but i like it.Like i said before if anyone can help please feel free.[/quote]

Your last paragraph confused me. This seems to imply you do everything on the same day? Is this correct? If not, please detail your weekly split.

Also, is your immediate goal to drop fat or get bigger?

Lastly, what’s your diet like?

sorry about that.one body part per day,ex.abbs.i do every other day.today was back and abbs.

my diet…prework out is bcaa.postwork out is protein shake banna and a hlf cup of oatmealand sports drink.first meal befor work is 8oz chicken and rice.two hours later turky sandwich whole wheat bread& mustard and shake40gm.hour befor lunch same sandwich and a apple.

hour later is a another turky sandwich,shake 40gm and a half cup of unsalted peanuts.hour befor bed 6 oz chicken breast 20gm shake.i know my diet sucks.but life has me busy.the weekends i eat every two hours chicken or turky with veg or fruit.one shake mid-day 40gm and a 20gm shake 45min befor bed.im trying to get lean.Im thinking that if i can get my b.f low.i can stuff my body with diffrent types of portein’s to maybe start a growing spurt.

well i posted last weeks routine.doesnt everone train that way?it works im getting stronger.short term goals are being meet.I look at myself and see no size.I did train through my 20’s.I see people on this site that have been at it for two years and there ripped.

my info is 32.started in 1995 ive trained as hard as i can every time i got to the gym.i dream my work outs for godsake.im 255 now not really all that big.i figure about 20%b.f its like i hit a mental wall.best bench 405,best squat 550,best one arm d.b 110.all for reps.

right now at 32 best squat is 542,best benchis 300 and my preacher curl will be verry soon up to 200.all for reps.still no size.thats my problem.im trying to load pics for show and tell.[/quote]

Are you saying you use to bench 405 for reps, but now you bench 300? What happened?

hey superbeast…

i don’t think you’ll find a lot of the answers you want posting here - there are knowledgeable people around, but most of them probably don’t have your experience.

I would suggest reading some of the articles, maybe ask some questions in the authors locker room. Then you can compare what you already know vs. what you are reading… CT is my fav, but all the authors here are awesome.

The tough part, I think, for you will be for you to look at what you are doing, and to realize that you will have to change something…

You’ve already stated one of your own problems, your diet sucks.

So fix it then, and get bigger.

super dad.
the 405 bench.well i do pre-exhaust on chest now and i dont do singles.my 4r.m is 300.i also do a 3 count up and down.some times i pause on the bottom and try to throw the weight off me.

Mithious.
thanks for telling me where to go.i will look into that.my training is fine ive got all sorts of diffrent things i can do to get stronger.

i know diet will help me get bigger.its like this, rember when you had to load creatine with water or juice?what like a gallon an half a day just to get loaded.you look at that water and almost get sick,knowing you have to drink it to help make you bigger.

thats my diet.i see how much food i have to eat in my lunch box and by mid day i dont care if im dyeing i dont want to eat any more.

I have posted pics on my profile.but for some reason cant seem to post them on my thread.
first pic:One arm row 145- 2 sets of 15
second pic:close grip low row 300 3 sets of 8.

enjoy

This is just a photo of my back routine.