Outlook Synch Question

OK, this is a fairly nerdy, non-bodybuilding kind of request, but I know we have more than a few techies around on the forums who might be able to help out.

I just got a 1GB USB flash drive and I am trying to figure out how to best use it to synch up all of my Outlook calendar and contacts between my work and home computer (which also runs Outlook).

Any ideas out there? I’ve been scanning around for a solution, but most of the programs are meant to back-up all of your e-mail or other files and I am looking for something a little more specific. I know if I had a PDA it would handle all of this, but I am not in the market for one as of now.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Kuz

One of my job titles is Tech Liaison (I created the job for myself and it sounds more impressive than it is) so I’m always messing with this kind of stuff. In Outlook, look under File → Import and Export. If you’ve already tried this then I apologize for not being more helpful.

Going forward, whenever you set up meetings and such, cc to your home address and invite your “home self” to all meetings and appointments, if that makes any sense.

Your’e probably best posting on a tech forum but cant you sync both machines via the internet without the need for the flash drive? Not sure about this but you’ll get help on a tech forum.

[quote]MikeTheBear wrote:
One of my job titles is Tech Liaison (I created the job for myself and it sounds more impressive than it is) so I’m always messing with this kind of stuff. In Outlook, look under File → Import and Export. If you’ve already tried this then I apologize for not being more helpful.

Going forward, whenever you set up meetings and such, cc to your home address and invite your “home self” to all meetings and appointments, if that makes any sense.[/quote]

Mike,

I’ve tried that kind of thing before and while it does work, it is just a lot of steps in the process whereas I was trying to find something a little more streamlined. In the meantime, I have been doing exactly what you describe - sending invites to myself at home (which has the added benefit of making me feel loved). Good suggestions, both.

Kuz

[quote]comedypedro wrote:
Your’e probably best posting on a tech forum but cant you sync both machines via the internet without the need for the flash drive? Not sure about this but you’ll get help on a tech forum.[/quote]

pedro,

I probably would be better off going straight to a tech forum, very true. I figure I check here most often, so maybe give it a whirl since computer questions seem to come up on here often enough.

There are software packages to sync things over the Internet, but my corporate firewall is going to nix any attempt to do that.

In the end, I may need to just go the PDA route… but not without a fight.

Kuz