Outlifted By a Girl

Becca retired from powerlifting over a year ago. She and Rick broke up and she no longer lives in Omaha. She was featured in the E! True Hollywood Story episode about female bodybuilders a few months ago. In it, she admits to having used steroids, but she’s been off since she left powerlifting. She looked very happy and healthy.

thats a shame, she was a great lifter

That is a shame, I knew I hadn’t heard anything about her in awhile, I never met her, but as others have said, and as my friend told me after meeting her, is that she is extremely sweet. Also, she has probably worked harder than all of us to get to the point in powerlifting where she did, she has totaled 2050, as a woman, that is the Andy Bolton of strength for women.

I am happy for her. Like I said, she is super sweet and she probably accomplished everything she wanted to in PL and more. She re-wrote the books on female strength and now she wants to do something different. That is cool, and I wish her nothing but the best!

Women will soon compete in olympic boxing and ski jump is on the way. That leaves no sports (that I can think of) discriminating against women.

Yet men cannot compete in synchronized swimming and rhytmic gymnastics. Some say it is natural because men supposedly cannot attain the same level of flexibility. This statement is a half-truth at best and it is also challenged by the fact that the women of practically all sports are not rivaling the men but that is not held out as a reason for banning them from it.

[quote]undesired08 wrote:
Personally, I prefer the example of Ali Huston. At 19, she did a 551 pound squat, a 275 bench press and a 518 pound deadlift. And her brother used to post here. And she’s cute as a freakishly strong button., no offense to Becca.[/quote]
I would like this girl to do unspeakable things to me.

Damn that woman is strong.

Beautiful press, quite fascinating if you ask me. Crazy ass respect for her, very rare to see a woman take on such heavy ass weight, let alone guys getting under something like that.

Man, would love to train with that woman, she could definitely push me and is a total inspiration.

Gawd, call me a freak but not only am I impressed with her lifting, but I she’s giving me a blued steel hard-on a tomcat couldn’t scratch. Schwiiiiiiiiinnnng!

One of my training partners benches 315 RAW and is a 180 pound female. I imagine she benches more than most men on this site. haha shit I’m 40 pounds heavier than her and the best I can do is match her bench!

Beca was an excellent powerlifter and very nice person. Not exactly a looker and I suspect that is why she takes so much crap on all the boards.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
One of my training partners benches 315 RAW and is a 180 pound female. I imagine she benches more than most men on this site. haha shit I’m 40 pounds heavier than her and the best I can do is match her bench!

Beca was an excellent powerlifter and very nice person. Not exactly a looker and I suspect that is why she takes so much crap on all the boards.[/quote]

Shit, I’d do Becca anyday, the strength that woman has I bet I could feel every muscle tensing if I got a chance to fondle her jacked body. Even though she puts up 200lbs more then me, I DON’T CARE THAT’S HOT SHIT!

Also, Crew, you’re lucky to train with a strong woman. lol

[quote]JonEightPackGuy wrote:

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

Beca was an excellent powerlifter and very nice person. Not exactly a looker and I suspect that is why she takes so much crap on all the boards.[/quote]

Shit, I’d do Becca anyday, the strength that woman has I bet I could feel every muscle tensing if I got a chance to fondle her jacked body. Even though she puts up 200lbs more then me, I DON’T CARE THAT’S HOT SHIT!

Also, Crew, you’re lucky to train with a strong woman. lol[/quote]

Haha lucky and unlucky because when I have an off day she makes me look like a puss!!

Seriously though I am very lucky and her BF has a 900 pound RAW squat!! Both are in the powerlifting watch hall of fame and are two of the most helpful people you’ll meet!

If anyone wants to meet them the SC UPA is having a meet Feb 20th that the three of us will be running and possibly competing in if you can come. ::End shameless plug for the UPA::

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

Haha lucky and unlucky because when I have an off day she makes me look like a puss!!

[/quote]

I love this statement. Probably, very few men get to train with truly strong women. I look at some of the female powerlifters who post on this site and are getting huge accolades. Not to take anything away from them but until you have trained with women who are effortlessly exceeding 2 and 3 time bodyweight squats and pulls, you just don’t understand.

I have stated in the past that I have written training cycles for, let alone trained with, women whom made me take a close look at my own lifting. Made me wonder just how my lightweight total PR really stacked up.

At the end of the day, powerlifting is all about what you bring to the platform. You can assign yourself whatever screen name you want, post whatever videos you want, even develop a little internet cheering squad who loves everything you do even though you consciously avoid the core lifts, but until you take it to a meet and get it done you are an armchair quaterback telling everyone how it should be.

Instead of coming up with self-gratifying reasons why these women perform at the level they do, we need to internalize it and use it as fuel for our own meets.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

Seriously though I am very lucky and her BF has a 900 pound RAW squat!! Both are in the powerlifting watch hall of fame and are two of the most helpful people you’ll meet!

If anyone wants to meet them the SC UPA is having a meet Feb 20th that the three of us will be running and possibly competing in if you can come. ::End shameless plug for the UPA::[/quote]

Holy crap if only I could squat half that. Shits insane he must be one big boy! I know I don’t lift for power, just for muscle size but damn I wouldn’t mind being a strong ass as well as a big ass. LOL

Ah well if I had the money I’d probably be up for it, 3 jobs is a bitch finding time off work though.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

If anyone wants to meet them the SC UPA is having a meet Feb 20th that the three of us will be running and possibly competing in if you can come. ::End shameless plug for the UPA::[/quote]

Holy crap if only I could squat half that. Shits insane he must be one big boy! I know I don’t lift for power, just for muscle size but damn I wouldn’t mind being a strong ass as well as a big ass. LOL

Ah well if I had the money I’d probably be up for it, 3 jobs is a bitch finding time off work though.[/quote]

His name is Troy Nash and he was about 290 when he squatted that (so 308 weight class). The guy works 2 jobs and was about 9 months back from a work related injury which made it so he couldn’t lift for about 6 months (Needed surgery on his shoulder after falling off a ladder and landing on a flight of stairs). By the 9 months back I meant that he had been in the gym for 9 months training.

It’s all about how badly you want it, not money :slight_smile:

Maybe she was stronger than 98% of the males here… but as long as I am stronger than all the females except her… i’m happy :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]apwsearch wrote:

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

Oh god I laughed hard at that one… nice!!

And hey, remember that 210kg pull I hit coming off the Gillingham DL cycle in late 2006?? Pulled 257kg x2 last Thursday :slight_smile:

[quote]Hanley wrote:

Oh god I laughed hard at that one… nice!!

And hey, remember that 210kg pull I hit coming off the Gillingham DL cycle in late 2006?? Pulled 257kg x2 last Thursday :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Hey, I have my moments. I thought it was pretty funny, too.

Dude, I am not surprised in the least. You have made a ton of progress, in a lot of aspects of your life.

It’s great to watch.

I have seen Laura Phelps bench 365 in a t shirt with a full pause on her chest.

[quote]Dahollow wrote:
Maybe she was stronger than 98% of the males here… but as long as I am stronger than all the females except her… i’m happy :p[/quote]

You’re not so don’t worry about it