Out Of Proportion?

Would anyone here consider it disproportionate to have a 42.5 inch chest but only 14.5 inch arms? Perhaps its just paranoia…

[quote]DooMMOoD wrote:
Would anyone here consider it disproportionate to have a 42.5 inch chest but only 14.5 inch arms? Perhaps its just paranoia…[/quote]

You thought a 42" chest was big? You are small all over. You don’t worry about being proportionate with measurements like that unless you are posing for Anorexics Monthly.

[quote]DooMMOoD wrote:
Would anyone here consider it disproportionate to have a 42.5 inch chest but only 14.5 inch arms? Perhaps its just paranoia…[/quote]

Just work on putting size.

What Prof. X said.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
DooMMOoD wrote:
Would anyone here consider it disproportionate to have a 42.5 inch chest but only 14.5 inch arms? Perhaps its just paranoia…

You thought a 42" chest was big? You are small all over. You don’t worry about being proportionate with measurements like that unless you are posing for Anorexics Monthly.[/quote]

Harr you’re a tough one. Thanks for the slap and I’ll get right back to work sir. I lost a good deal of weight and some muscle too during my stay at the naval academy over the past week so it’s time to play catch-up. Besides, I thought that was kinda big for a 17-year old…sniff…

[quote]DooMMOoD wrote:
Professor X wrote:
DooMMOoD wrote:

You thought a 42" chest was big? You are small all over. You don’t worry about being proportionate with measurements like that unless you are posing for Anorexics Monthly.

Harr you’re a tough one. Thanks for the slap and I’ll get right back to work sir. I lost a good deal of weight and some muscle too during my stay at the naval academy over the past week so it’s time to play catch-up. Besides, I thought that was kinda big for a 17-year old…sniff…
[/quote]

I maeasured my arms at 15" before I got serious about weight training at that age…and I thought I was skinny as hell. 14" arms have NEVER been “kinda big”.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
DooMMOoD wrote:
Professor X wrote:
DooMMOoD wrote:

I maeasured my arms at 15" before I got serious about weight training at that age…and I thought I was skinny as hell. 14" arms have NEVER been “kinda big”.[/quote]

Oh believe me I know. A couple months ago i was at 15.5. However, I slacked off a bit and then I went to the Navy camp so all that lazyness plus the intense cardio cost me some of my gains. Next week I’ll be able to get back into the gym again and I’ll hopefully pick up where I left off. It’s gonna be tough though because I have to keep up the running if I’m serious about going to the Naval Academy, which I am. Anyway, thanks for the criticism Prof X.

crazy cardio during the summer session week? quit crying. although, just before my brother went in he was about 205lbs at 6’2". he wasnt fat by any means, but lean would have only weighed 175lbs. by the end of that plebe summer thats what he weighed, and no more laziness fat. as far as the whole “ill have to do a lot of running if i want to go there”…yea i guess running cant hurt you, because you will be running, but from what ive seen of the naval academy, a T-Nation reader that actually does the routines and such that they read about, and reasonably takes care of themselves, will be better prepared than a lot of the kids that i saw at navy that first summer, and continued to see the next four years. i have met some big boys that go to navy, but a lot of what you see down around annapolis are these little twig boys with attitudes and chicks with huuuge nasty asses.

depends. What is your waist measurment? If it was rapid, run it off, melt it away quick loss, then don’t worry about it. If you have a 38" waist, don’t worry about your arms. How fat are ya?

Right now my waist is about 32.5 and I want to keep up the running because I’ve never been so freaking conditioned in my life. Last night I went for a 4.2 mile run and was hardly breathing heavy at all. If I can stay that way through lacrosse season I’ll be golden. And Dez, I learned alot from the midshipmen who lead me while I was there for that week and if you are not conditioned for those 5 mile runs at 5 o’clock you will have a rougher go of it than most. And yeah, there are a lot of big boys at the academy, but almost none of them are Plebes.

After your plebe summer, your physical training is left up to you. So there are no more long runs and early morning pt in the schedule, therefore it is bulk-up time. I’m not sure if I really have a point, but I know I don’t want to fall out of the condition that I am in now.

[quote]DooMMOoD wrote:
Right now my waist is about 32.5 and I want to keep up the running because I’ve never been so freaking conditioned in my life. Last night I went for a 4.2 mile run and was hardly breathing heavy at all. If I can stay that way through lacrosse season I’ll be golden. And Dez, I learned alot from the midshipmen who lead me while I was there for that week and if you are not conditioned for those 5 mile runs at 5 o’clock you will have a rougher go of it than most. And yeah, there are a lot of big boys at the academy, but almost none of them are Plebes.

After your plebe summer, your physical training is left up to you. So there are no more long runs and early morning pt in the schedule, therefore it is bulk-up time. I’m not sure if I really have a point, but I know I don’t want to fall out of the condition that I am in now. [/quote]

When I joined the army I thought I was going to breeze the runs and they were not too bad, it was when they make you tab (like speed march, or Yomp if your a bootkneck) miles with a rucksack and a weapon in tow. I’m not sure if Navy selection does this, here or aboard, but running with a bergen full of weight is a great idea to get conditioned.

If you can’t find a gun, run holding a plank of wood too. No joke, it’ll help.