Out of Ideas for a Diet Plan

I am a Sophmore in Highschool. Young for sure, but I would like a 6 pack. I am weighing in at about 175 lbs. and am 6’2". I really just started working out hard this year and have been taking alot of Whey protein which I have understood will throw a couple of pounds on me.

I never have really had abs but also have never had a really great diet. I have noticed my abs to start showing more now though because of my squats, powercleans, and heavy ab work but thats not really doing it. You can barely even notice them and I need help on the diet thing. Im running out of ideas of what exactly i should be eating and how much I should be running. I dont want to do lots of long distance running as I am trying to build mass but I do want abs…

Basically I’m not too sure about what kind of diet plan to be on. I also am very clueless on how I should be running and whatnot. Could I have some feedback on what I should be doing? And is the heavy ab work even go to play a part in whether or not i see my abs? Thanks guys!

you didn’t ask santa for a flame retardant suit did you?

No?

Soon, you will have many regrets of this.

That or troll.

6’2" and 175? I’m surprised you can’t see your vertebrae through your stomach. Jesus. Eat clean, eat more, and if you’re in fact actually doing heavy squats and power cleans, they’ll show up in time.

Yes. Im rather lanky. I have a bit of a lower “pudge” though and I definitely dont want that anymore. I have already gained 20 lbs in about 4 months and havent gotten any taller…Just need help on the abs and what to do…but if doing the cleans and squats will help then I will most def. keep doing those.

Any ideas of running plans I could do that wont make me lose as much weight. Will heavy/intense sprints work?

7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutritional Programs

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459493

Read it, do it.

Personally I wouldnt worry too much about a six pack at your age, just eat alot of good clean food and get bigger. This is the best time to grow so if you get as big as you can now then you can worry about a 6 pack in a few years.

Now in this nutritional program it says that I should eat 5-8 meals a day and I have heard that works alot. Just, what exactly is considered a meal? A power or protein bar? An apple? or a big of vegetables? I dont understand that part. Also I am going to start taking Creatine and I am still taking my Whey protein…So does that count as a meal in itself?

And yes I know I shouldnt be worried about having a HUGE 6 pack…I just want a little something you know? I dont have hardly anything. I just want people to be able to say “yea he has a 6 pack” and let that be that. Not really looking for “WOAH HE HAS A HUGE 6 PACK!”. But i agree with what you’re saying.

[quote]BigWill11 wrote:
Now in this nutritional program it says that I should eat 5-8 meals a day and I have heard that works alot. Just, what exactly is considered a meal? A power or protein bar? An apple? or a big of vegetables? I dont understand that part. Also I am going to start taking Creatine and I am still taking my Whey protein…So does that count as a meal in itself?

And yes I know I shouldnt be worried about having a HUGE 6 pack…I just want a little something you know? I dont have hardly anything. I just want people to be able to say “yea he has a 6 pack” and let that be that. Not really looking for “WOAH HE HAS A HUGE 6 PACK!”. But i agree with what you’re saying.[/quote]

Breakfast Lunch and Dinner you should understand by now, just eat clean and follow the 7 habits. Other meals between those could consist of A protein shake and a piece of fruit or if you have time it could consist of a piece of chicken and veggies. Then have another meal before bed, everyone says cottage cheese is great.

I usually stay away from most protein bars because, although they have alot of protein, some of them seem to be no better for you then a candy bar.

Like the habits says, have protien at every meal and also want to have fruit and/or veggies at every meal. Last meal before bed try to stay away from too much carbs. Breakfast should be the only time you get carbs from something other then veggies or fruit.

[quote]BigWill11 wrote:
And yes I know I shouldnt be worried about having a HUGE 6 pack…I just want a little something you know? I dont have hardly anything. I just want people to be able to say “yea he has a 6 pack” and let that be that. Not really looking for “WOAH HE HAS A HUGE 6 PACK!”. But i agree with what you’re saying.[/quote]

They wouldn’t even say “he has a six pack” at your height and weight.

Once you get down to the proper amount of body fat, you will just be skinny (more than you already are).

Besides, wouldn’t you rather have people say “wow he could crush my head with two fingers” in a year, and “wow he he is huge and ripped” in two years?

Losing weight might get you a six pack but no one in the world would say that you have one unless they saw you without a shirt. You are very young, look at the diet CrewPierce is doing in the Physique Clinic. That is around what the diet you are doing should look like. Very clean no junk, every meal has a purpose. At such a young age I doubt you are going to be buying/making your own food so log what you eat and try to keep it as good foods. From reading this site you should know what is good for you and what isn’t. Work hard, and the next few years will pay off for you. If I had found this site when I was your age I have no clue where I would be.

So basically all I need to worry about is eating good strong foods. No carbs after breakfast? Heavy ab work doesnt really matter right now. About how many calories a day should I be taking in? After I work out everyday I play baseball and run alot so about how many should I need?

Also, The protein bars are pretty much worthless? Are there any types of protein bars that you all would pass as a good source of protein and would be better than a candy bar?

And since I am in highschool the whole “eating chicken with fruit” thing cant really work for me because well Im at school. What are some really good types of food that I can eat during my breakfast-lunch-dinner? I can bring grapes,bananas, and apples stuff like that but I want some sort of variety. any ideas?

Btw, not very good with the site, have no idea where to find that diet plan you are talking about in your post so if someone could give me a link to that it would be very much appreciated

Basics of any effective diet plan:

1. Control your calories
  2. Get enough protein
  3. Control your insulin levels

Basics of any effective workout plan:

1. Work as much muscle mass as possible
  2. Progressively heavier loading
  3. Avoid imbalances

Will, Carbohydrates after breakfast is certainly fine especially if you workout in the evening. Just make sure you get the bulk of your carbs in the morning and Peri (surrounding) your workout ie before, during, and after.
We already figured this, do you not believe me? 3200 calores is your TEE (total energy expenditure. If you at 3200 calories a day you would maintain your current weight. So always try to be in a calorie suprlus and positive nitrogen balance.

All protein bars are not worthless, but most are. Buy some Metabolic Drive compelete protein bars they are of high quality. Try to stick to whole foods as much as possibe except around your workout. You can always assemble a snack with a large amount of calories in a ziploc bag for when you are on the go. Like walnuts, raisans, etc.
During your breakfast/lunch/dinner meals always include a source of complete protein. Healthy Carb (unrefined/whole grain/complex)and vegetables should be included at every meal too.

[quote]BigWill11 wrote:
So basically all I need to worry about is eating good strong foods. No carbs after breakfast? Heavy ab work doesnt really matter right now. About how many calories a day should I be taking in? After I work out everyday I play baseball and run alot so about how many should I need?

Also, The protein bars are pretty much worthless? Are there any types of protein bars that you all would pass as a good source of protein and would be better than a candy bar?

And since I am in highschool the whole “eating chicken with fruit” thing cant really work for me because well Im at school. What are some really good types of food that I can eat during my breakfast-lunch-dinner? I can bring grapes,bananas, and apples stuff like that but I want some sort of variety. any ideas?

Btw, not very good with the site, have no idea where to find that diet plan you are talking about in your post so if someone could give me a link to that it would be very much appreciated[/quote]