T Nation

Out of Curiousity Question About Beans.

Sweet Potatoes, Rice and Oats are almost the always go to carb sources during a prep. So, why not Beans? I would ask my coach but, I don't wanna bother him with every weird question google didn't answer.

This is not a way of going around him or trying to get permission from some where else. I will not eat them because he says not too which is enough for me on a objective level just, not so much on a for future reference manner.

Beans are fine.

He likely is saying not to eat them because of bro folklore.

kidney beans, four-bean mixes ect are great carb sources, particularly as you get deeper into a prep, because they give you great mileage on your daily battle to keep hunger at bay … Nornally around 250g yields (only) about 30-35g of carbs - so they’re going to a better job of helping you feel satisfied than rice or even sweet potato.

The only drawback though is the obvious (ie gas!)

some folks, including me, struggle to digest them.

Other than that, they’re ok. Not particularly nutritious, but certainly not harmful.

Reed I hope while you’re on a date with your transvestite lover you eat so many beans that you take a chance on a fart and lose. Even better when he’s fucking you in the butthole.

Well. That escalated quickly.

I cannot speak towards the contest prep part of your question. Never been there. But I eat beans pretty regularly. You’ll find that gas becomes a non-issue if they are a normal part of your diet. It’s just like training, your body adapts.

If not, you might be like Yogi and others. And beans might not work well for you.

Trannies, fecal matter, dicks and fondue. Makes me wonder what else is going on in his head. Then I remember not to stare into the abyss.

What’s wrong with trannies??? Best of both worlds right?

They are phytoestrogenic, and contain higher phytic acid levels. Not really a huge issue in moderation, too much phytic acid can interfere with certain nutrient absorption.

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
They are phytoestrogenic, and contain higher phytic acid levels. Not really a huge issue in moderation, too much phytic acid can interfere with certain nutrient absorption. [/quote]

Trannies?

I hate beans. anything that causes digestive distress doesn’t belong on my menu.
Ain’t got time for that.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Beans are fine.

He likely is saying not to eat them because of bro folklore. [/quote]

You know Amit is doing Reed’s diet…

[quote]Ghost_Panther wrote:
The only drawback though is the obvious (ie gas!) [/quote]

I get pretty bloated too.

It’s not Paleo.