Out of Control Waist

Why was this even bumped haha?

Doin leg press make my waist bigger than below parralel squat ever did

The closer my knee are getting to my chest the bigger my waist get

someone ever notice that?

This question has been asked for eons.
First, choose the right parents for that great “v-taper”!
Second, get a handle on your diet and cardio to remove as much fat as possible.
I myself would never sacrifice anterior/posterior core strength and mobility in a vain effort to halt or reduce my waist size. Above and beyond the above comments, you could peform vacuums, preferentially develop the shoulders, upper chest and lats.
Some of the old-timers even claimed to do super-wide grip shrugs, lat stretches and chins (Steve Reeves) to increase shoulder width. IMO the increased injury risk overrides the 0.0001 mm you can potentially get from stretching connective tissue.

[quote]Radjxf wrote:
I myself would never sacrifice anterior/posterior core strength and mobility in a vain effort to halt or reduce my waist size. Above and beyond the above comments, you could peform vacuums, preferentially develop the shoulders, upper chest and lats.
Some of the old-timers even claimed to do super-wide grip shrugs, lat stretches and chins (Steve Reeves) to increase shoulder width. IMO the increased injury risk overrides the 0.0001 mm you can potentially get from stretching connective tissue.
[/quote]

+1 and +1

Core muscle is awesome. Wasp waist is a weak waist. It even looks weak. Make the rest of your body bigger, if you have to compensenate.

Myself, I’d rather have the proportions of the Farnese Hercules or Eugene Sandow anyways.

And forget doing the bodybuiler grip on a lot of exercises, unless you want to fall behind due to an injury. Stay tight, get strong. Be the beast.

Being a classic old-school BB look amateur I do understand why people would like to maintain there waist from growing out of control.

People in the old day seen to accord more attention to the waist then the modern day bb. For a powerlifter or strongman comp its a must to have larger waist but bodybuilding its about having a ascetically pleasing physique and the V-taper is really important.

your not trying girls pants are you?

Mostly, it’s old age. Your hips and shoulders tend to get wider in your late 20’s to mid 30’s. If your in that range, that is probably happening to you…I wanted to puke when it was happening to me…It stops eventually. I did deads, squats, leg press and all that other shit in my early to mid 20’s and my waist size was always the same 29-30. Now I hover in the 32-34 range…sucks, but I still have a decent taper. Like I said, your shoulders get wider too, but not always proportionally.

If you like your evening beer and the late TV cheatmeal too much, you can very well have increased your deep fat quite a bit.
A slight sixpack is no guaranty for a fatfree belly.
If you’re about 8% BF, meaning you have really sharp abs, you can ditch this idea and it’s muscle gained from heavy lifting.
It’s probably a combination of both anyway.