Our President

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Al’s post, as usual, is pure left dogma.

For someone to agree with it and respond accordingly smells of cult worship to me.

You also believe you are smarter than the President? Do you believe he was ‘addicted’ to cocaine or rec user? There would be a difference you know. And holding what a person did 20 some odd years ago against them, and that being 90% of your complaint of the guy, shows your true colors.

What were you doing in your late teens to mid twenties? Or are you even there yet? Al, I know he isn’t, but yet he can decide for the world the true character of the man. You guys buy into what a 17 yr old kid thinks is proper policy and procedures for the U>S> gov’t. How he judges and qualifies the President of our country.

He lacks the experience necessary to make such judgements and qualifications. He probably hasn’t seen the outside of his parents home since snow was falling. He plays video games and downloads links to left wing propaganda, and you buy he knows what he speaks.

Jeepers creepers[/quote]

I sure as hell wasn’t snorting coke in my late teens to mid twenties. I dont take what AL types up as gospel, however this was a pretty nice little post that did not go on to some worship of Harry Browne. I dont feel the need to judge someone soley based on their age its too bad that you are so short sighted.

Maybe it was the Jim Beam that fried his brain and not the coke? I guess it is safe to assume that if someone has a substance abuse problem then it wouldn’t make much difference what the drug of choice happens to be. Of course I am no addiction expert but one can make the leap.

RSU:

You disapoint me, buddy. You don’t post around here for quite sometime, then you come up with a 20 year old clip?

This could almost fall under the heading “What Anti-Bush People Will Write When They Have Run Out Of Arguments.”

Paul the Apostle killed Christians before his “transformation.” Does that mean he should not have spread the word of Christianity throughout that part of the world? What a silly thing to post!

Funny how hatred drives the anti-Bush crowd. I thought you were the guys defending Clinton when the anti-Clinton crowd was so hateful? Oh my the hypocrisy of it all…

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Snoop wrote:
Excellent post Al.
I knew you had it in you!

Al’s post, as usual, is pure left dogma.

For someone to agree with it and respond accordingly smells of cult worship to me.

You also believe you are smarter than the President? Do you believe he was ‘addicted’ to cocaine or rec user? There would be a difference you know. And holding what a person did 20 some odd years ago against them, and that being 90% of your complaint of the guy, shows your true colors.

What were you doing in your late teens to mid twenties? Or are you even there yet? Al, I know he isn’t, but yet he can decide for the world the true character of the man. You guys buy into what a 17 yr old kid thinks is proper policy and procedures for the U>S> gov’t. How he judges and qualifies the President of our country.

He lacks the experience necessary to make such judgements and qualifications. He probably hasn’t seen the outside of his parents home since snow was falling. He plays video games and downloads links to left wing propaganda, and you buy he knows what he speaks.

Jeepers creepers[/quote]

I agree. Practically everyone has tried drugs at one point or time, and if you haven’t you probably will sometime soon. His drug use affected us in no way shape or form, using cocaine a few times will not ruin your life. If you feel otherwise, you can argue with over half the country about it. Don’t forget WE voted him into office, well not you Al, your still like 12, but your parents probably did. So keep that in mind :slight_smile:

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
So would shooting the middle finger be more or less important than using the office of the President as a platform and location to cheat on your wife? While talking morals ('cause all politicians do it, whether they’re criticizing greed or some other moral principle).[/quote]

If Clinton had taken the stance of promoting a religious aspect to morals to the degree that it is being promoted as of late by this current administration, then yes, his actions would be under a spotlight even more than they were at the time. That is, if that is even possible. In fact, now that I think of it, that is a very bad analogy because there is no way for Clinton’s Oval office oral actions to be examined any more than they have been. So yes, if you can do it on that level to Clinton, then expect the same for every middle finger raised. Surprised?

[quote]
BostonBarrister wrote:
So would shooting the middle finger be more or less important than using the office of the President as a platform and location to cheat on your wife? While talking morals ('cause all politicians do it, whether they’re criticizing greed or some other moral principle).

Professor X wrote:
If Clinton had taken the stance of promoting a religious aspect to morals to the degree that it is being promoted as of late by this current administration, then yes, his actions would be under a spotlight even more than they were at the time. That is, if that is even possible. In fact, now that I think of it, that is a very bad analogy because there is no way for Clinton’s Oval office oral actions to be examined any more than they have been. So yes, if you can do it on that level to Clinton, then expect the same for every middle finger raised. Surprised?[/quote]

It doesn’t have to be religious morals. Why limit it to religious morals? Clinton was always out there moralizing, including about: greed, lying, even respecting others’ feelings. His issue implicated at least two of those.

[quote]GriffinC wrote:
I agree. Practically everyone has tried drugs at one point or time, and if you haven’t you probably will sometime soon. His drug use affected us in no way shape or form, using cocaine a few times will not ruin your life. If you feel otherwise, you can argue with over half the country about it. Don’t forget WE voted him into office, well not you Al, your still like 12, but your parents probably did. So keep that in mind :)[/quote]

Guess what? The PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA should be held to higher standards.

Furthermore not everyone or even practically everyone tries drugs during their lifetime. I didn’t, my wife didn’t and 90% of my friends did not use/try drugs. And the simple fact that a lot of people do does not make it legitimate.

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:

It doesn’t have to be religious morals. Why limit it to religious morals? Clinton was always out there moralizing, including about: greed, lying, even respecting others’ feelings. His issue implicated at least two of those.[/quote]

He got a blow job. I want one. Not from him, but I do think of having one often. I think cheating on your wife is WRONG. I think getting a blow job feels GOOD. Did he lie? YES. Did he respect others’ feelings? Well, that depends on what he did to deserve the blow job.

Either way, BB, you can’t pretend as if Clinton hasn’t caught enough flack over that. The man has probably gone through more hell for that one blow job than any man on the planet has ever dealt with. Yet you bitch about Bush catching it over a middle finger? Honestly, I think you’ll get over it.

Bottom line, Clinton never took the stance that Bush is taking to the same degree. If you take the role of bringing “morals” to the world, expect for your own actions to be under the microscope. It is funny though the wonderful excuses you all make for every time Bush gets caught in a compromising position. I have no doubt that if he ever gets a blow job from anyone other than his wife, that you will all claim she slipped and fell.

Did Clinton as Chief Executive for Enforcing laws/lawyer stand in front of law enforcement officals and purjure himself?

Was he openly flaunting and misusing his position?

I don’t want any Nixon did this, LBJ did that. Just answer the question.

JeffR

[quote]
BostonBarrister wrote:

It doesn’t have to be religious morals. Why limit it to religious morals? Clinton was always out there moralizing, including about: greed, lying, even respecting others’ feelings. His issue implicated at least two of those.

Professor X wrote:
He got a blow job. I want one. Not from him, but I do think of having one often. I think cheating on your wife is WRONG. I think getting a blow job feels GOOD. Did he lie? YES. Did he respect others’ feelings? Well, that depends on what he did to deserve the blow job.

Either way, BB, you can’t pretend as if Clinton hasn’t caught enough flack over that. The man has probably gone through more hell for that one blow job than any man on the planet has ever dealt with. Yet you bitch about Bush catching it over a middle finger? Honestly, I think you’ll get over it.

Bottom line, Clinton never took the stance that Bush is taking to the same degree. If you take the role of bringing “morals” to the world, expect for your own actions to be under the microscope. It is funny though the wonderful excuses you all make for every time Bush gets caught in a compromising position. I have no doubt that if he ever gets a blow job from anyone other than his wife, that you will all claim she slipped and fell.[/quote]

Actually, I agree with most of what you wrote. I only have a problem with criticisms that make it out like Bush is such a big hypocrite while all the other politicians aren’t. After all, that’s what this is about, right? Being a hypocrite?

Generally, I think most politicians take up rhetoric that their own actions couldn’t withstand, at least not 24/7.

As far as it goes with flipping the Bird, I don’t even really see that as applying to religion – I don’t remember “Thou shalt not make obscene gestures.” More like offensive to polite society.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
BostonBarrister wrote:

Bottom line, Clinton never took the stance that Bush is taking to the same degree. If you take the role of bringing “morals” to the world, expect for your own actions to be under the microscope. It is funny though the wonderful excuses you all make for every time Bush gets caught in a compromising position. I have no doubt that if he ever gets a blow job from anyone other than his wife, that you will all claim she slipped and fell.[/quote]

Unless the girl has a powerfull jaw, BJs dont even feel that good for me. They’re decent for foreplay, but I wouldn’t want to waste an orgasm on one.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Did Clinton as Chief Executive for Enforcing laws/lawyer stand in front of law enforcement officals and purjure himself?

JeffR[/quote]

Yes, he did.
Bush would too; if his aides told him too anyway.

[quote]Snoop wrote:
JeffR wrote:

JeffR

Yes, he did.
Bush would too; if his aides told him too anyway.[/quote]

You can’t posibly know what Mr. Bush would do. Please don’t assume as a way to lessen what Mr Clinton did while in office. It was shameful and beneath the STANDARDS of THE PRES. OF THE U.S.

Sorry about that–it seemed right at the time.

Prof X:

Youre right, flipping the bird is not gas, and requires a conscience action. The president has clearly expressed his moral view of where he wishes to direct the nation, which is a whole other beast altogether. I simply feel that in the grand scheme of things, screwing around and flipping off the camera is really not a big deal.

Here is something that I don’t understand… when Bush is discussing his faith, it is usually to help explain some of his positions (I seem to remember this also used a few other times…'All men are created equal" … “I have a dream”…). Why is this seen as an attempt to convert or evangalize? It seems to me that if he said that one shouldn’t steal because the bible says not to that may people would be up in arms about his ‘radical’ religious right views.

By the way, I watched the rise of the religious right firsthand and I can tell you that Bush was not a member (being religious and conservative did not make one a member of the religious right particullarly here in Texas).

Titty.

[quote]Vegita wrote:
RSU, com on now, you posted this exact same thread before the elections. You have had many months off to come up with new material and hone your skills. I excpect better from you in the future.

V[/quote]

No I did not.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
RSU:

You disapoint me, buddy. You don’t post around here for quite sometime, then you come up with a 20 year old clip?[/quote]

Actually, I stumbled upon this clip when I went to killsometime.com to view the clip of the bencher dropping the bar on his chest…intrigued by the material at the sight, I found this clip of Bush, thought it was funny and thought I’d post it.

My thought at the time, however, included something related to things you’ve said in the past, ZEB, regarding Clinton’s actions. You have said that you shouldn’t have to explain Clinton’s deplorable actions to your children.

What if, ZEB, while you were viewing this clip, young ZEB came wandering in the room just as GWB flipped the bird? Young ZEB might ask “Poppa ZEB, what does that mean? Why did the great president of the US do that?” He might even begin copying GWB (like the baby in Meet the Fockers)…Quite a predicament, no?

[quote]GriffinC wrote:

Unless the girl has a powerfull jaw, BJs dont even feel that good for me. They’re decent for foreplay, but I wouldn’t want to waste an orgasm on one.[/quote]

Did this guy just say “waste an orgasm?”

[quote]JeffR wrote:

JeffR[/quote]

Better yet, did President Bush tell the American people that Iraq was a grave threat and had weapons of mass destruction?

Just answer the question.

Who cares?

Many of us are moral men and have given the finger to someone at sometime. We’ve cursed at people too.

Frankly, Im pretty frustrated with the president anymore. There is plenty of very real problems going on here that we could discuss. instead, we get the usual bullshit stuff that liberal guys trot out from time to time that makes the rest of us question their intelligence.