T Nation

Our President

http://www.killsometime.com/Video/video.asp?video=Bush-One-Finger-Salute

A man of morals.

A man of God.

?

lol, dubya is silly.

So someone caught the President on tape being human… Big Deal.

I’m friends with a few Roman Catholic priests whom I’ve known for quite a long time and you know what? They drink beer and curse and watch R rated movies just like the rest of us.

It doesn’t matter if you are a Priest or the President or anyone else, you can be a man of morals and a man of faith and still burp and fart and scratch your nether regions.

[quote]mcalabro wrote:
It doesn’t matter if you are a Priest or the President or anyone else, you can be a man of morals and a man of faith and still burp and fart and scratch your nether regions.[/quote]

That looked like a burp or a fart to you? Everyone burps and farts. It actually takes no conscious control to burp or fart other than allowing it to happen. Shooting the middle finger is not gas. Anyone else and I would be like so the fuck what. For the man who seems to be trying to change the world into his own view of religion and “morals”, I find it quite odd. Apparently, we all have our own version of morals and his only fall into place when he thinks the camera is rolling. Let the discussion begin.

Yeah, between his constant made up words, extended vacations, snickers and sneers during the 2004 debates, etc and now this, dubya reminds me of a child. I am not saying he is unfit to run our country (and even if he was he can surround himself with ppl who surely are qualified), his behavior and mannerisms are just very awkward to me.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
mcalabro wrote:
It doesn’t matter if you are a Priest or the President or anyone else, you can be a man of morals and a man of faith and still burp and fart and scratch your nether regions.

That looked like a burp or a fart to you? Everyone burps and farts. It actually takes no conscious control to burp or fart other than allowing it to happen. Shooting the middle finger is not gas. Anyone else and I would be like so the fuck what. For the man who seems to be trying to change the world into his own view of religion and “morals”, I find it quite odd. Apparently, we all have our own version of morals and his only fall into place when he thinks the camera is rolling. Let the discussion begin.[/quote]

Presidents have always played the religion and morality card when it suits them. How devout is Bush really? Cocaine and drink-driving on Saturday, repenting on Sunday? Clinton went to church too but was getting his dick sucked by Monica the next day, wasn’t he? The great Catholic JFK was screwing Marilyn Monroe next to the White House pool. It’s fake piety, if you ask me. And the sucker general public laps it up.

That video was probably made before he underwent his religious transformation (in the mid 80’s, I believe), and also evidently before he became retarded thanks to cocaine abuse and who knows what else. He wasn’t always a complete moron - the drugs did it to him. If you watch videos or sound clips of him from the 80’s, you can see that he actually knew how to talk and sounded like a normal person.

Only in America can a Yale-educated rich kid from New England turned-drug-addict become the icon of a rural conservative, evangelical population.

[quote]Al Shades wrote:
That video was probably made before he underwent his religious transformation (in the mid 80’s, I believe), and also evidently before he became retarded thanks to cocaine abuse and who knows what else. He wasn’t always a complete moron - the drugs did it to him. If you watch videos or sound clips of him from the 80’s, you can see that he actually knew how to talk and sounded like a normal person.

Only in America can a Yale-educated rich kid from New England turned-drug-addict become the icon of a rural conservative, evangelical population.[/quote]

Excellent post Al.
I knew you had it in you!

Liberals don’t fart or burp it’s a well known fact. Maybe that is why they are so uptight.

Also drug abuse can cause a lot of damage to your children if consumed while pregnant. Look at what it has done to the mental development of some of the children who post on this board.

I personally thought this was hilarious the first time I saw it…

…which was three years ago.

As for Bush defying the strictures of his morality by flipping off the camera…give me a break.

And, as to whether Bush is trying to ‘change the world into his own view of religion’, kind of difficult to argue that since his primary foreign policy focus is bringing democracy to ‘heretics’, ie, Muslims. Whether you think the project is a good or bad idea is immaterial; it is evidence that he isn’t trying to impose his religion on the world.

Also, don’t forget, he is in bed with the Jews, and they don’t even recognize Jesus Christ. It’s be hard to square the circle that Bush is trying to impose his religion while at the same time working with ever more heretics, no?

As for the previous drug use, it’s an easy, lazy slur that seems to be the choice when legitimate criticism has reached an end point.

Wonder what the attitude would be if Robert Kennedy, Jr. - a man from a legendary family and with his own powerful crusade on behalf of the environment, but also a former heroin addict - ran for office? Would the Bush-critics be dropping slurs about Kennedy’s previous drug-addiction in the same childish way they do about Bush?

Of course not.

RSU, com on now, you posted this exact same thread before the elections. You have had many months off to come up with new material and hone your skills. I excpect better from you in the future.

V

[quote]Snoop wrote:
Excellent post Al.
I knew you had it in you![/quote]

Al’s post, as usual, is pure left dogma.

For someone to agree with it and respond accordingly smells of cult worship to me.

You also believe you are smarter than the President? Do you believe he was ‘addicted’ to cocaine or rec user? There would be a difference you know. And holding what a person did 20 some odd years ago against them, and that being 90% of your complaint of the guy, shows your true colors.

What were you doing in your late teens to mid twenties? Or are you even there yet? Al, I know he isn’t, but yet he can decide for the world the true character of the man. You guys buy into what a 17 yr old kid thinks is proper policy and procedures for the U>S> gov’t. How he judges and qualifies the President of our country.

He lacks the experience necessary to make such judgements and qualifications. He probably hasn’t seen the outside of his parents home since snow was falling. He plays video games and downloads links to left wing propaganda, and you buy he knows what he speaks.

Jeepers creepers

That looked like a burp or a fart to you? Everyone burps and farts. It actually takes no conscious control to burp or fart other than allowing it to happen. Shooting the middle finger is not gas. Anyone else and I would be like so the fuck what. For the man who seems to be trying to change the world into his own view of religion and “morals”, I find it quite odd. Apparently, we all have our own version of morals and his only fall into place when he thinks the camera is rolling. Let the discussion begin.[/quote]

Do you expect perfection? Do you have bad days? If I photographed, filmed, taped and disected every move you made for 10 years would not a gesture or fart fly? Lets stick to true moral character and content, not some silly non issue that you feel denegrates his entire moral code.

Let’s consider Berardi’s 90/10 rule for everything in life. It’s good enough for me.

Your president is borderline retarded, I don’t see how you can disagree with that.

[quote]Orbitalboner wrote:
Your president is borderline retarded, I don’t see how you can disagree with that.[/quote]

Quite easily

Especially with a response like that. You’ve, quite honestly just altered the bell curve and put him higher.

[quote]Orbitalboner wrote:
Your president is borderline retarded, I don’t see how you can disagree with that.[/quote]

Yes Harvard graduates a lot of “borderline retards” from it’s graduate school.

Liberal humor…gotta pity it.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=georgewbushdrunk.wmv

He does pretty well here, maybe he’d screw up less if he did all his speeches with a little JD in him?

mcalabro wrote:

So would shooting the middle finger be more or less important than using the office of the President as a platform and location to cheat on your wife? While talking morals ('cause all politicians do it, whether they’re criticizing greed or some other moral principle).

How true

1 minute 10 years ago is the best you could do.

Keep typing. Everytime you hit enter, GW gets smarter.

Bell curve-remember bell curve